**** Medusa (Inhuman Queen) ****

Options

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well she looks like a really good addition to the game, good utility character against special tile generators. She does things other 3s used to do, but she does it better. And she has two passives, not just one, so she basically does a lot of amazing things for free. She is like the better version of Doc Oct (better versions of all Doc powers).

But obviously she is no Peggy or Starlord, so I guess this makes her just a niche character, nice to have if you have it but not essential at all (She is very good in one role, but she can't be used all the time, even though her red is really good in every occasion).

And of course, with a team like Carnage+Reed+Medusa you have a very annoying team.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does her countdown appear on any basic tile, or is it color-specific?
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have very high hopes for this character will need to champion asap (so in about a year) so I can figure out what combo works best all the powers look excellent, definitely looking like one of the best support character out there. Carnage (duh), Patch (with 5 in his green) and Medusa will be a killer team.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    hopper1979 wrote:
    I have very high hopes for this character will need to champion asap (so in about a year) so I can figure out what combo works best all the powers look excellent, definitely looking like one of the best support character out there. Carnage (duh), Patch (with 5 in his green) and Medusa will be a killer team.

If you're really set on using a 3 star character in this team, use Black Panther. No downside to his stike tiles and his blue will generate shields for you to match for Medusa's powers indefinitely. Patch, while good, is not who I would use. But honestly, I'd probably use Hulkbuster and run Carnage at 355 so I don't have to kill my team more than I have to!!
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Toss in someone with a decent Blue/Yellow/Black and you've got a full rainbow.

Only problem with this is that the only Blue/yellow/black active character we have is Black Panther. The other two (Hood and Mr Fantastic) still have passives.

But true, Medusa is both a great partner and a great counter for Carnage.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Only problem with this is that the only Blue/yellow/black active character we have is Black Panther. The other two (Hood and Mr Fantastic) still have passives.

Wasp, who actually has some synergy with Medusa.
  • johnmcclane
    Options
    Medusa + Carnage + Doc Oc?
    make your move icon_twisted.gif
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Nellyson wrote:
    hopper1979 wrote:

If you're really set on using a 3 star character in this team, use Black Panther. No downside to his stike tiles and his blue will generate shields for you to match for Medusa's powers indefinitely. Patch, while good, is not who I would use. But honestly, I'd probably use Hulkbuster and run Carnage at 355 so I don't have to kill my team more than I have to!!

I am picking people who create tiles that Medusa will be able to utilize with her powers, ideally I would put X-23 in place of Patch, the true healing is going to be important if you bring Carnage, that is why I would not bother with Hulkbuster. But until I get her leveled using Patches green and getting out all those strike tiles will have a two fold effect, they will make Carnage's attack tiles deadly and they will give more things for Medusa to match. Yes his green is a two edged sword and this could bite you in the **** real quick, but I really want to see if it works icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Pwuz_ wrote:

Wasp, who actually has some synergy with Medusa.

Only if you pick a third who actually generates special tiles. Both medusa and Wasp want a lot of specials on the board, but neither one actually produces very many. And wasp can't do anything with the attack tiles that medusa does make. Someone like patch, or daken, or blade seems like the the right third wheel; someone who can flood the board with strikes (even if some are hostile, medusa can steal them or match them for ap).
  • Melac
    Melac Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm thinking Medusa, Carnage, and Ant Man.
    Medusa healing and generating AP from carnages tiles, stealing with her purple, and ant man stealing with his blue.
    Any thoughts?
  • richterbelmont10
    Options
    Top-tier 4*?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Melac wrote:
    Medusa healing and generating AP from carnages tiles, stealing with her purple, and ant man stealing with his blue.
    Any thoughts?

Antman seems kind of redundant there, and you won't be using his best ability (purple) because it overlaps with Medusa's steal.

As much as people hate him, I think Mr. Fantastic would actually be a better fit. He heals himself when your tiles get matched (Medusa's is fake/burst and not that high), his blue will slow the enemy down as well as blunt the hits you take from the enemy attacks before stealing them, and black will add damage to the red and green you'll be collecting anyway for Carnage's powers.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Anyone know if the yellow passive is per tile or is it like doc Oc black where one proc is done per turn. Cause matching 3 enemy tiles could be very lucrative
  • Etheus
    Etheus Posts: 56
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    Melac wrote:
    Any thoughts?

Antman seems kind of redundant there, and you won't be using his best ability (purple) because it overlaps with Medusa's steal.

As much as people hate him, I think Mr. Fantastic would actually be a better fit. He heals himself when your tiles get matched (Medusa's is fake/burst and not that high), his blue will slow the enemy down as well as blunt the hits you take from the enemy attacks before stealing them, and black will add damage to the red and green you'll be collecting anyway for Carnage's powers.

Actually, I'd go with another member of the Fantastic Four: Invisible Woman. Her Yellow creates protect tiles and makes the whole team invisible. Her blue locks specials and creates strikes. Her green can do big damage without removing your own special tiles.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    She definitely isn't going to win you any speed combinations; it's animation city. But the AP gain, KK-esque health boost, and special tile stealing and buffing get out of hand pretty quickly.
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    Anyone know if the yellow passive is per tile or is it like doc Oc black where one proc is done per turn. Cause matching 3 enemy tiles could be very lucrative

Can confirmthat it does proc for every special tile in a match. I just had a blue match-3 with two symbiote specials in it, and gained blue and green AP. Looks like at least one of the returns is random.
  • Vhailorx
    Options

Can confirmthat it does proc for every special tile in a match. I just had a blue match-3 with two symbiote specials in it, and gained blue and green AP. Looks like at least one of the returns is random.

Can you explain how the ap gain works? Is it random from the colors she generates on a per tile basis?
  • Koffitok
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Can you explain how the ap gain works? Is it random from the colors she generates on a per tile basis?
    From what I've seen, yes. If you match 3 enemy tiles at once, each tile will give random AP from one of those 3 colors.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Koffitok wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    From what I've seen, yes. If you match 3 enemy tiles at once, each tile will give random AP from one of those 3 colors.

Thanks!
  • monsieurmojo
    Options
    The Entanglement tile doesn't need to be matched, either, only destroyed. A match-4 clearing its row will give the attack tiles.