**** Medusa (Inhuman Queen) ****

Options

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am not 100% sure but it looks like red countdown damage doesn't get buffed with strike tiles. Has anybody noticed this? At least the number that appears in the screen is not buffed, but I think the damage subtracted from enemy hitpoints is also not buffed.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    I am not 100% sure but it looks like red countdown damage doesn't get buffed with strike tiles. Has anybody noticed this? At least the number that appears in the screen is not buffed, but I think the damage subtracted from enemy hitpoints is also not buffed.

I have seen the same thing reported by others in my alliance. I will test as well later today. It would be great if we could a redname comment. Is this the intended performance, or a bug?
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:

The damage from the cd tile is added to attack tile damage and the total is buffed from my testing. Not sure if intended.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hadronic wrote:
    Polares wrote:

The damage from the cd tile is added to attack tile damage and the total is buffed from my testing. Not sure if intended.
    You mean the attack tiles have both their own strike tile bonus and the cd tile strike damage as well?

Edit: I tested, with just the tile itself it does not get strike tile bonus at least. With attack tiles, it seem the CD damage goes with the attack tiles.

Seems like this is a new type of attack style? Countdown damage at end of turn? Maybe they have to add in code for the strike damage bonus separately for this case and it was missed.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    To me, the damage from the cd looks just like an attack tile. Some how I don't think thats how they intended it to be.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To me, the damage from the cd looks just like an attack tile. Some how I don't think thats how they intended it to be.

It even floats towards the enemy team in the same bundle that attack tile damage does.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More like medusa + carnage + vision. Every enemy match has a chance of returning 3/5 of a heavy activation.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would pair Medusa (5/4/4) with Carnage (5/5/3) and Ice-Man (5/5/3). Cheap abilities (Carnage's red, Bobby's blue) will make sure that there will be more than enough Attack tiles to trigger Medusa's heal and AP generation (which would mostly feed Bobby's green AOE and blue stun).

If you want a full rainbow coverage, you could also replace Ice-Man with Punisher (MAX).
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eidehua wrote:
    Hadronic wrote:
    Polares wrote:

You mean the attack tiles have both their own strike tile bonus and the cd tile strike damage as well?

Edit: I tested, with just the tile itself it does not get strike tile bonus at least. With attack tiles, it seem the CD damage goes with the attack tiles.

Seems like this is a new type of attack style? Countdown damage at end of turn? Maybe they have to add in code for the strike damage bonus separately for this case and it was missed.

Yeah I paid special attention and strikes are NOT added to the damage of the countdown. Strikes are obviously added to attack tiles, like always have, so the problem is with this new type of tile? But it is weird because other countdowns that do damage each turn like Antman's do add the strike tile damage, so I don't know why this particular one is not working.

This looks like a bug.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Yeah I paid special attention and strikes are NOT added to the damage of the countdown. Strikes are obviously added to attack tiles, like always have, so the problem is with this new type of tile? But it is weird because other countdowns that do damage each turn like Antman's do add the strike tile damage, so I don't know why this particular one is not working.

This looks like a bug.

It looks like this CD functions as a hidden attack tile, but somehow doesn't seem to add strike damage (unless it procs at the same time as other, real attack tiles). That does seem like a buggy implementation, but i would like confirmation from a redname to be sure.
  • Koffitok
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Polares wrote:

This looks like a bug.

It looks like this CD functions as a hidden attack tile, but somehow doesn't seem to add strike damage (unless it procs at the same time as other, real attack tiles). That does seem like a buggy implementation, but i would like confirmation from a redname to be sure.
    A note in the hotfix thread said that taking strikes into account with her CD tile is an "upcoming fix"
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,312 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Added to the Character Compendium
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    People have any thoughts after her pvp event?

It seems to me that she sucessfully fills her stated role (from that marvel.com "interview"). She is an excellent support character in any match with enemy specials.

Having nova boosted for her pvp was interesting as he is among the best 4* strike produces and she can steal strikes at 1 purple cover.

I think in the long run she will be the 4* version of if with more utility against enemy specials but less targeted ap generarion.

She seems solid and i look forward to getting the 6 covers i need to champ her.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

Two thoughts: First, she's a lot like Quicksilver, in that the same action will trigger effects for both sides when she's on both sides. Second, the name for her PVP event is especially groanworthy. icon_e_wink.gif
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:

It seems to me that she sucessfully fills her stated role (from that marvel.com "interview"). She is an excellent support character in any match with enemy specials.

Having nova boosted for her pvp was interesting as he is among the best 4* strike produces and she can steal strikes at 1 purple cover.

I think in the long run she will be the 4* version of if with more utility against enemy specials but less targeted ap generarion.

She seems solid and i look forward to getting the 6 covers i need to champ her.

I still haven't gotten around to making my character analysis videos (still have to do Blade too), but from the PvP, she pretty much confirmed that she will be really annoying against special tile creators, and almost useless otherwise. The damage from her countdown is too little to matter in the age of champions. Even 1k a turn is not enough damage to deter me, and her CD has too much downtime. She will never be used in PvP, even when boosted, unless a special tile creator is boosted that same week. They clearly boosted Nova this week during her release PvP to make people think she was more useful than she really is. In a regular boosted week where you aren't using Nova, she will be pretty lame. I suppose the one plus side is you can take out OML a lot easier with her, BUT, you will get wrecked on defense after you win that match. I would rather just stun OML or send him airborne than try to use a special tile stealer. I will hit her every time I see her in PvP.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    I think that might be a little too harsh mutant.

Her red will have less downtime with more covers. And spawning the attack tiles is a nice damage multiplier when playing against the dumb ai.

She does seem better for pve, but maybe not completely useless for pvp.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was playing around with her in pvp with some non-boosted tile generators, mostly 3* Blade and 3* Doc Oc. It wouldn't happen every time, but I found that it was possible to get into battles where I was healing myself faster than the enemy team could do damage, while building up a nice barrage of attack tiles.

It seems like she has the potential to be like Kamala Khan, where (on the right team) she's a deterrent simply because the constant team healing makes the whole fight longer and more aggravating. She just doesn't have that big burst of damage that KK has though. Her red power has the potential to do some damage if you can match it enough times, but I've found that the tile really loves to stick itself in tough to match spaces, and of course the AI is going to have no ability to use that strategy.

Similarly, her purple annoys me just a bit because it costs more AP than Moonstone's Control Shift, and unless your board is covered in tiles, it's pretty unlikely to steal more than 3 tiles. I mean, the additional board shuffle can be nice, but at the same time it can also immediately match away the tiles you just stole icon_e_confused.gif
  • TobiBlackmore
    Options
    yellowflag.png : I like this ability, it makes destroyed tiles matter and I think it would pair up nicely with Storm 3* to heal up your team.

redflag.png : When I was forced to use her I found myself just destroying the tile rather than protecting it. The destroyed tile creates attack tiles that deal just a tiny little less damage than what the tile does during countdown. Afterwards, the tile comes back anyway to do it's original damage.

purpleflag.png Now I feel like this was a bit of a letdown. Even though it's a stronger version we already got 3 characters that can swap a whole lot of tiles.

In general I liked using her but she plays the long game and just works around a lot of special tiles instead of actually doing the big damage. There's better 4* characters out there but she could be really good when combined with certain characters I bet.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    :yellowflag: : I like this ability, it makes destroyed tiles matter and I think it would pair up nicely with Storm 3* to heal up your team.
    This is a GREAT idea icon_e_biggrin.gif
    redflag.png : When I was forced to use her I found myself just destroying the tile rather than protecting it. The destroyed tile creates attack tiles that deal just a tiny little less damage than what the tile does during countdown. Afterwards, the tile comes back anyway to do it's original damage.
    I think the intent is that you're actually supposed to match the tile yourself. I tried that in the PvE node where you borrowed her, and that could add up to some decent damage per round after 3-4 matches.
    purpleflag.png Now I feel like this was a bit of a letdown. Even though it's a stronger version we already got 3 characters that can swap a whole lot of tiles.

In general I liked using her but she plays the long game and just works around a lot of special tiles instead of actually doing the big damage. There's better 4* characters out there but she could be really good when combined with certain characters I bet.
    I think that's what I'd pretty much put as her problem. I like her, but she's only really usable with the right teammates or the right foe. Tile generation is a particularly powerful effect that's it's nice to have a complement and counter for, but it's also a bit niche, and something that you might not be looking for that often.

Maybe if they made her yellow effect go off from matching countdown tiles too, I could see using her more.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the kind of character that needs to be in the 5* tier. Could you imagine if she were a 5*? Probably 2-3k damage from her countdown a turn, with AP generation and an ability to steal enemy special tiles? She'd be one hell of a support character. Instead we get another one to add to Colog's list of irrelevant 4*s.