This has to stop (poll)

Options
13»

Comments

• I remember during the first Hulk event I was missing both Punisher and IW, I managed to get a Punisher luckily with my first set of tokens, so I was able to do his node, but I never was able to do IW's.

I also remembered I finished fairly high, either the top bracket or the one below. This was for both times it was run, which is why I think my Hulk came out pretty good at the end (4/2/2).

I don't think it makes a big deal that you can't do certain nodes because you are missing certain heroes, because it does not prevent you from doing well overall in the event.

However, I will say that what I found annoying was that I couldn't follow the story-line because I was locked out of content. I think that if certain nodes are made character-restricted, it would be nice if it didn't disturb the overall flow of the event, i.e. it was treated more as an optional node for dedicated players, rather than a main node that those of us who actually like the story content would not have to miss out on.
  • Nevermind required characters, I'm sick and tired of having to match tiles to get rewards. This is a greedy move by the Devs to try and milk us for every cent we have. It's not fair to those of us who don't have the time to log on and play.
  • I am fairly sure the vote result clear shown you have no case.
    Mizake wrote:

I don't think it makes a big deal that you can't do certain nodes because you are missing certain heroes, because it does not prevent you from doing well overall in the event.

However, I will say that what I found annoying was that I couldn't follow the story-line because I was locked out of content. I think that if certain nodes are made character-restricted, it would be nice if it didn't disturb the overall flow of the event, i.e. it was treated more as an optional node for dedicated players, rather than a main node that those of us who actually like the story content would not have to miss out on.

I agree that not having certain hero does not affect how well you perform. You might not be able to get rank 1, top 5 or so on but because of rubberbanding and scaling plus a bit of dedication you can still place very high and win reasonable reward.

But character essential does not mission disturb the flow of the event. All character essential mission are none-dialogue, they are general automatically unlock or unlock at the end when you complete all the story line mission. You can see most of the time the two character essential mission are on the side with story line mission connected to each other. You dont miss out on anything if you dont complete any of the character essential mission. It is working exactly how you state, as an optional node for more dedicated player.
  • One of the punisher locked nodes definitely had dialogue, and the in game reason he's working for fury. I think some other ones have had dialogue but I wouldn't swear by it
  • What justification is there for it though? I've been playing F2P since day one and I think it's completely ****. Parts of this tourney are locked for people who did well in the last one, what kind of reward structure is that?
  • If you continue to play you will eventually get the covers needed to do these missions. It is a progressive game - just try to get a little better every time, try to diversify your roster, just keep putting in the time and you will be able to compete and have the covers necessary to do so. I havent been playing for too long (month or so?) and when I started I could do very few of those missions. Now, as a complete F2P I have 21 cover slots and a roster that allows me to do many of these missions. I have never gotten a cover the week it debuts, so I have always been locked out of at least one of these missions, but it doesnt mean I cant compete - I generally do very well and am already starting to build up my 3* roster.

Patience people - it is a virtue icon_e_smile.gif
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did anyone else run out of health packs and had their Punisher/BP get killed and those missions become unavailable. My mistake for allowing them to go down, but potentially a sign that having the character is not a guaranteed advantage.
  • Fluffy wrote:
    What justification is there for it though? I've been playing F2P since day one and I think it's completely ****. Parts of This tourney are locked for people who did Youl in the last one, what kind of reward structure is that?

How is playing well in the last tourney lock you out? Both required characters were awards. The justification is that it's their game. Most players aren't concerned about it, so it doesn't seem to require a lot of justifying.

Now, as to why it's that way, it's to encourage players to collect as many characters as possible. You never know who will unlock next event. This of course encourages people to expand roster space, buy tokens, and perhaps buy HP. This is an RPG themed game, I don't think bonuses for a large party to call on are unreasonable. If anything, the advantage of having developed characters is much less than most games with a leveling mechanic.

You certainly aren't obligated to continue playing if the game doesn't do it for you, but to say it's a particularlly oppressive F2P is absurd. It's no DOTA, but it's better than most. There's always a way to progress, premium currency is obtainable just by playing, and you don't need to put in a lot of time to get some prize.
  • I really think we are being trolled by the OP. This is just silly.

The whole concept of having to meet specific criteria to access advanced content is fundamental to role playing video games. You might as well call for the removal of the hero leveling mechanic.
  • Jachdo wrote:
    I really think we are being trolled by the OP. This is just silly.

The whole concept of having to meet specific criteria to access advanced content is fundamental to role playing video games. You might as well call for the removal of the hero leveling mechanic.

I hate class-specific quests in other video games too icon_evil.gif
  • Jachdo wrote:
    I really think we are being trolled by the OP. This is just silly.

I think you have no clue how annoying it was to see Psylocke EVERYWHEREEEEE during the previous event.

I mean, I get that she was the newest cover and they wanted people to crack tokens to get her.

What I don't get is how the hell I was supposed to get her with a level 50 3x** team...?
  • you werent supposed to get her necessarily yet - you have to wait and put in more time, get a better team than 3 level 50**, etc.

This is coming from someone who still doesnt have one, I dont have the levels needed to compete for the top end *** rewards, but can get some from progression sometimes (yay punisher at 70k prog reward!).

Not EVERYONE should be able to get everything all the time. But work hard, put in time, and you will get there yet. Just think about how great it will feel when you DO have both of the required characters for a PVE sub event. That feeling of accomplishment and growth - thats why many people play games with an RPG element to begin with!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    What justification is there for it though? I've been playing F2P since day one and I think it's completely ****. Parts of this tourney are locked for people who did well in the last one, what kind of reward structure is that?

Ummmm, if you did well in the last PvE and/or the concurrent PvP's, then you got Black Panther (PvE/PvP placement) and Punisher (PvE progression) covers. Thus, all nodes will be unlocked to you. I have no idea what you're whining about, and I'm saying this as a F2P player who just maxed his first 2*.