This has to stop (poll)

Options
Currently I have 3 available missions in the hulk canada sub-event that I have yet to touch:

A fight with lvl230 Hulk - worth 1442 points
A fight with lvl166 Hulk - worth 1442 points - Punisher required
A fight with lvl79 Daken, Yelena and Moonstone - worth 2000+ points - Black Panther required

It's bad enough that there are missions that require specific characters, but this is just insulting. The Punisher mission is worth the same amount of points despite being easier, and the black panther mission is worth massive points in a much easier fight. I understand that they want to sell more packs, but there has only been one opportunity to get black panther, and players are effectively rewarded just for having him. The message here seems to be "buy our black panther pack and get a massive points bonus in this event!" There's just no reason for this exclusive fight to be both easier and worth more than the other fights in this sub-event. I've set up a poll because I would like to know what the general consensus is on this matter, or how you think it should be fixed.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is how they make their money, getting people to buy the overexpensive 10 packs just for 1 guaranteed char. They won't change this unfortunately. I agree it sucks, but it's unrealistic anything will change.
  • I've always believed they should have a loan cover if you don't have the required hero on your roster. If you have them and they're leveled up, you're obviously at an advantage, but if you don't you can at least still attempt the match with a basic character.
  • The Punisher mission is worth the same amount of points despite being easier, and the black panther mission is worth massive points in a much easier fight.
    The fights started out at about the same base level. What's happened is that they've scaled up based on the number of people who entered and won the fight -- the fight anyone can enter went up the most, the one with the character who's been around a long time and is therefore relatively common went up somewhat less, the one with the new and uncommon character went up the least. This isn't about the required-character mechanic alone, whether you support that or not.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The single hulk is far easier than the other fights. One target to stun, only two colours to deny, though to be honest red isn't that punchy if you just deny green. OBW or MBW will trivialise the fight.

Also there have been two opportunities to get black panther.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dayraven wrote:
    The Punisher mission is worth the same amount of points despite being easier, and the black panther mission is worth massive points in a much easier fight.
    The fights started out at about the same base level. What's happened is that they've scaled up based on the number of people who entered and won the fight -- the fight anyone can enter went up the most, the one with the character who's been around a long time and is therefore relatively common went up somewhat less, the one with the new and uncommon character went up the least. This isn't about the required-character mechanic alone, whether you support that or not.

No the solo hulks in hulk have always been a high level because it is just one target with two active abilities. It was like this in the original hulk too.
  • No the solo hulks in hulk have always been a high level because it is just one target with two active abilities.
    True, but before the levelling kicked in he was at about level 22 (and boosted) vs. about level 17 for the three-char fights, which seems closer than level 230 (and boosted) vs. level 79.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There were 2 opportunities to get Black Panther - one from the PVE event and the other from Psylocke PVP event.

I can't complain here as they rewarded me for screwed up sleep and unproductive office hours (PVE event).
  • I play for 79 days I got my first IW in the last tournament. Until now I was unable to play missions that needed her and I was fine with it. 5-6 weeks ago I was unable to play missions that needed the Punisher. It was a little frustrating and some times I even though it was lame not being able to play them. And I'm talking about a 4* hero; BP and Punisher are accessible to any player with a decent 2* roster. If someone has only 1* heroes or he is still building up his 2* team he needs more ISO and 2* covers than new 3* covers, so take your time as we all did before you. This is a game that takes a long time to make progress and rewards regular players more than casual. It is what you should expect from a f2p game. Those who put more time in the game will have better results (although there is an exception with new players having a walk in the park in events while mid players struggle). There are many things that I find annoying in this game, but this is not one of them.
  • There are events that require IW?
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pre-Scaling days she was required for quite a few missions yeah (original Hulk run for example).
  • Kappei wrote:
    There are events that require IW?
    I meant missions in events that needed IW.
  • IW was needed for some missions in HUNT: Ares.
  • Absolutely stunned by the poll results - most people are ok with locked missions being worth the most points? Extra points therefore higher ranking for people who buy the cover pack? It's just so wrong...
  • SunCrusher
    SunCrusher Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The people who put in good time and/or money into acquiring the required characters aren't going to be terribly happy about a lack of advantage in having said characters.

Personally, I'm not surprised with the results.

I would love to be able to borrow covers and I would happily take a lowered reward for it, but that's me.
  • After all the scaling hoozifuzz, this is one of the only ways to reward people who put in extra time and effort. I am an established and dedicated player who has done well in the past few events, and I have consistently earned new characters as they've been made available. I appreciate that the developers are giving me a small (and with the effect of rubberbanding, it is small) advantage at the start of each PVE event. As the event wears on, more people will obtain at least 1 cover for the featured 3*s, so by the end there will be no effectively locked missions. And since you're going to be earning plenty of points toward the end (especially but not exclusively because of your early disadvantage), the few missions you miss toward the beginning won't amount to much.
  • Absolutely stunned by the poll results - most people are ok with locked missions being worth the most points? Extra points therefore higher ranking for people who buy the cover pack? It's just so wrong...

You don't have to buy anything, though. All of those characters are available for free. It sucks if you're just starting out and you don't have the character yet, but that's called progression.

Given how new players are dominating the PVE leaderboards, this is the only way mid-level players have an advantage over the newbies. It's an equalizer. I didn't have the Punisher the first time I did the Hulk, but I got a ton of ISO, a bunch of new covers, and got a lot out of it.
  • Currently I have 3 available missions in the hulk canada sub-event that I have yet to touch:

A fight with lvl230 Hulk - worth 1442 points
    A fight with lvl166 Hulk - worth 1442 points - Punisher required
    A fight with lvl79 Daken, Yelena and Moonstone - worth 2000+ points - Black Panther required

That is a reward to those taking all the inconvenience to fight the events a little before.
    As we had this system for ages it should not surprise anyone, after the intro of a new character very shortly he will be needed in such missions.

Say I dropped out of TAT -> no DD for me -> was locked out from good deal of next thing. But expected that when made the decision.

It's not really a big deal, I recall first hulk event, I had no Punisher. (Maybe got one cover by the very end). Still made the top tear in mains. AAMOF on the rerun when I had Punisher from start I made only the second tear. icon_e_smile.gif

Every event gets rerun eventually, so just be parient, you'll see it all, until then have more motivation to get whatever new.

I see 75% of poll has similar opinion.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So long as Yelena is never required for an event, I'm fine with the current system. She's the one character I have marked as never useful.

In the next event, you will hit a hulk required mission and look at the hulk that you will get from this event and say 'awesome. I am going to use the hulk I earned last event' and then you will totally understand where the 75% of the poll results come from. Stick with it - every event and tourney is an opportunity to expand your roster, level up your characters and unlock future missions.