This has to stop (poll)

Options

Comments

• Newer events have locked missions will less of a point aadvantage than this one too. As a re-run, Hulk is a little less balanced. I was able to win subs in Brotherhood without psylocke.

Also worth noting, it's never been easier to get a new required character. BP was given out in Brotherhood and a PvP event before Hulk. Probably why not too many people are concerned.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Also worth noting, it's never been easier to get a new required character. BP was given out in Brotherhood and a PvP event before Hulk.

That depends on where you are in the game. I was able to completely cover Frank and Ares while almost covering Hulk but so far I have a 1/1/1 Patch, a 1/1/1 Psy and an 1/0/0 BP, all of which were from PVP because PVE is cruel to mid-levels. Thankfully the tweaks they made to the current run of Hulk are somewhat bettter for me and I was able to get a top 20 but my Canada scaled nastily and Im sitting at 30k in the main.
  • Personally I've always thought of this as stupid.

Lets be honest... when they do this for new characters most of us have usually at most one of each charactershem and they're so low level its not funny so your essentially fighting with only two characters anyay even if you have the character. If youve paid to get more covers and level them more power to you. Youve paid for an advantage and you've got it for those in the aforementioned situation seeing as the characters not much help anyway I dont see the big deal.

"But I'm a long time loyal player!" I hear you cry "I should get that advantage!" ****. If your a long time player you already have an advantage: high level characters with maxed or close to max covers. Why should you be rewarded a second time for doing well in a previous tournament?

Hell in the pve where Invisible Woman was required the only reason I didnt have her was because the screen on my phone got smashed and I couldnt play the last couple of days, so there goes the theory of loyalty and time invested...I've played every day for at least a few hours usually far more hours than I should.

I honestly cant see what people are afraid of.
  • One BP cover is enough to do his locked stages.
  • I'm not a fan of gated content at all, but I've played my share of events where I was locked out of them due to not having a character. I narrowly missed getting Punisher during the original Hunt, and so when Hulk rolled around, I was gated out of those high-point nodes. I finally got a Punisher during the last 2-3 days, but had no problems keeping in the 3-cover reward tier for Hulk even without Frank's missions. I ended up in the top 10 of the overall bracket despite my lack of Punisher for most of the event.

With rubberbanding, getting locked out of one or two missions per sub actually isn't that big of a disadvantage. It just means that the nodes you do have access to will be at a higher point value throughout. It does mean you have to get in a decent amount of refreshes to keep pace, but isn't an insurmountable obstacle, either. It boils down to the difference between getting 3 new 3* covers vs. getting 3 new 3* covers plus a 4* if you play optimally but are missing a key character.

For the subs, you might miss out on a double token reward, but hitting what you can will still net you HP and two tokens a day. Again, not a stiff penalty at all. Not to mention that having all the required characters still doesn't guarantee you high sub-placement, given that those entering the overall tourney late will begin to dominate the subs with their rubberbanded points somewhere around when Hulk gets unlocked.
  • High level characters are not terribly useful in the current pve system. Long time players have two advantages. A stunner (probably), and roster diversity.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    High level characters are not terribly useful in the current pve system. Long time players have two advantages. A stunner (probably), and roster diversity.

You say that, but wait until you try a level 141 character with the +100 level buff
    hot damn
  • Just keep playing, you'll eventually build up a formidable and diverse roster and you'll be laughing about the time you put up a poll thinking people were going to join you in a low-level pity party.
  • 76% think its fine. I guess that settles it. If they weren't pretty easy to get from am event or two before, and you actually did have to pay hp for a pack to be your ONLY option for these, I think opinion would change. It would also change if they became necessary for success....atm they are not. You might have a hard time grabbing an xforce without one but top 1000 is easily doable while locked out of those subs as long as you have a little forethought with your playing due to rubberbanding.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I love how the title is this has to stop, and then 76% of the people think its fine.

Guess it doesnt HAVE to stop
  • Most of the people on forum are veterans/hardcores, so it would make sense that majority of them want to have advantage for their hard work.
  • Puritas
    Options
    Most of the people on forum are veterans/hardcores, so it would make sense that majority of them want to have advantage for their hard work.

Well the thing is
    To be enough of a "veteran" to have the character for locked fights
    you have to have been playing for at most two weeks
    since locked characters are always given out in the week immediately preceeding
    so yeah I guess if after two weeks people become veterans then they're gonna be the vast vast majority

unless your argument is that people who can earn it the week prior are too hardcore and casuals deserve to compete too
    in which case I ask why they can call themselves casual then
  • Most of the people on forum are veterans/hardcores, so it would make sense that majority of them want to have advantage for their hard work.

Alright, this kinda statement is actually untrue every which way you look at it. First, there are plenty of lowbies that get the event rewards. As proof, there is a ton of recent threads (past weeks) asking how a person with highest level 50 characters placing in top tens in PvE. So that's already a strike against the veteran/hardcore statement. Another is that those locked nodes mean absolutely nothing in the long run with rubberbanding in effect. The best those can be used for now is the extra first time completion bonus and MAYBE a 500 iso reward. As well, that being said, because of rubberbanding, grinding/"hard work" is also out the door as a reason. I got Psylocke without trying. No analyzing, no doing the same mission multiple times. It doesn't take as hard work as you seem to be implying.

Normally I'm not as defensive as this, and I do apologize ahead of time if it comes off rather brash. However, upon reading this comment, what it's saying to me is that you are assuming that only the long time players are agreeing that this should stay. At the time of this writing, I see "It's fine" has 70 votes. This thread alone doesn't even have that many responses, so making a statement such as that has no merit without any factual evidence to back it up.
  • I've been playing ~80 days and have yet to pull a Punisher cover icon_e_sad.gif I would be happy if I could just enter the fight with an empty slot.
  • It's not all that hard to have a 1 cover version of the essential heroes being as they tend to be given out the event before and it's not like you have to place first to get a single cover.

Also, surely there has to be SOME reward for actually getting covers and levelling heroes. In fact the idea of a minimum level version for the nodes is probably the absolute worst option because it primarily helps ppl with low lvl rosters where a minimum lvl hero is quite useful for them with the **** scaling.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    It's not all that hard to have a 1 cover version of the essential heroes being as they tend to be given out the event before and it's not like you have to place first to get a single cover.

Also, surely there has to be SOME reward for actually getting covers and levelling heroes. In fact the idea of a minimum level version for the nodes is probably the absolute worst option because it primarily helps ppl with low lvl rosters where a minimum lvl hero is quite useful for them with the **** scaling.

That's an issue with the scaling, which needs to be fixed. If that does happen, allowing people to have a blank spot or the lvl 15 cover seems fair.
  • Puritas
    Options
    SteveS wrote:
    I've been playing ~80 days and have yet to pull a Punisher cover icon_e_sad.gif I would be happy if I could just enter the fight with an empty slot.

he was given out as progression rewards last event and this one also
  • Puritas wrote:
    Impulse wrote:
    High level characters are not terribly useful in the current pve system. Long time players have two advantages. A stunner (probably), and roster diversity.

You say that, but wait until you try a level 141 character with the +100 level buff
    hot damn

Well sure, but the buffed part is important.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Most of the people on forum are veterans/hardcores, so it would make sense that majority of them want to have advantage for their hard work.

Alright, this kinda statement is actually untrue every which way you look at it. First, there are plenty of lowbies that get the event rewards. As proof, there is a ton of recent threads (past weeks) asking how a person with highest level 50 characters placing in top tens in PvE. So that's already a strike against the veteran/hardcore statement. Another is that those locked nodes mean absolutely nothing in the long run with rubberbanding in effect. The best those can be used for now is the extra first time completion bonus and MAYBE a 500 iso reward. As well, that being said, because of rubberbanding, grinding/"hard work" is also out the door as a reason. I got Psylocke without trying. No analyzing, no doing the same mission multiple times. It doesn't take as hard work as you seem to be implying.

Normally I'm not as defensive as this, and I do apologize ahead of time if it comes off rather brash. However, upon reading this comment, what it's saying to me is that you are assuming that only the long time players are agreeing that this should stay. At the time of this writing, I see "It's fine" has 70 votes. This thread alone doesn't even have that many responses, so making a statement such as that has no merit without any factual evidence to back it up.

Agree that my statement doesn't make sense. That's what I get for trying to sneak in a quick comment during work icon_e_smile.gif
  • The Punisher is a pretty common reward cover. As long as you take part in the long events, you will get him.