MPQ PVE has become a clicker game..

2»

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    revskip said:
    I think the whole 5* rosters running things narrative is overstated.  4* rosters have the equally dominant 4R&G with any GoG character and are finishing in the top 5 and 10 in the brackets I'm in since the new system went into place.  Plus clears for everyone are much faster.  Not sure why there is a pushback.  

How are clears for 4* rosters much faster than before?

I topped out at 325 before, now it's 300 / 330. First few clears are a bit harder, last few clears are a bit easier. Easy nodes are still 3* Thanos fodder (but slightly faster), while the 2* essential is significantly harder.

Overall, it's a wash, certainly no noticable decrease in time required.

Because those 4star rosters moved to scl 7 for the lower scaling and near identical rewards..
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    If you consider 10-20% less "near-identical"
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I don't get the big deal. Thanos3 is fine for me. I don't think it would be that hard for most people to champion a 3* character. Sure Thanos5 may make it even easier, but I don't have him at more than a few covers (currently lv 270), and I do just fine in PVE.
    3* Thanos can get through the easy nodes in 1 click if you've got a 5* with match damage to down one of the goons.  He can't do that to the hard nodes, because the power only fires twice and takes about a third of the health of the remaining characters.  5* Thanos packs a lot more punch and I believe can down the whole opposing team in SCL8 by dropping the first character.

The difference is that 3* players get zero points for grinding easy nodes.  5* players get 3 pt per win for hard nodes.  If top placement comes down to that 3 point grind, the player with 5* Thanos will outpace anyone who doesn't also have 5* Thanos.  Everyone else has to chew through 30-40k more health.

More generally to those saying 5* dominance is overblown - I've seen a pretty clear divide with the new PvE.  8 of the top 10 have at least two champed 5*.  If you're not a champ 5* player, manage your expectations.  Perfect optimal play might get you T10.  Forget about T5.  It's completely out of reach.  You are simply incapable of completing matches as fast as they can.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    I'm new player and probably what I will say may not be right.
    I have a 3* Thanos, not fully covered and playing on SCL4 right now is like @ejmus said. You just put it in your team, rush the first and last hour of the event and it's top 10 placement garanteed.

To be honest I like to do it, beucase I don't like to play forever and spend a lot of time of my day clearing nodes. However if there is a point later in the game, for the high level players, where "who has the best thanos wins" then the game gets boring. If you must play a certain character to do well, the game becomes bad.

From my point of view, his black ability needs a rework. I think he could be trimmed down a bit. Something like 3*Deadpool red, wich has a limit to his damage. Something like:

"When you down an enemy deal X% of their current health in damage to the enemy team (Maximum of Y damage), and Z damage to your allies."
    or
    "When you down an enemy deal X damage to the enemy team (Maximum of Y% of ther current health in damage) and Z damage to your allies."

I think balancing those X, Y and Z  somehow could work. He wouldn't be able to KO, but could still be useful depending on the balancing.

But again, I'm new to the game and I might be wrong.
    But are you new to Marvel? Maybe that's how 3* Thanos should work (I don't think so, see: Civil War II) but 5* Thanos has the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand. He should absolutely be wiping people out, if nothing but to make him feel as close to that character as possible.

But, like yours, mine is just an opinion, and we're all going to have different ones.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    irwando said:
    You know you don't have to use Thanos right?  You presumably have a large roster of characters that you can use if you find running Thanos not fun?

These "My Roster is Too Good" threads always amuse me.  There are a lot of things the Devs should fix, but if you want to make the game more challenging, why not simply play with other players?

Everyone has a choice:

1) I want to go for placement - I will use the fastest team I can because time = placement
    2) I want a challenge - I will use a variety of non-optimal teams to challenge myself in different ways

The best part - with SCL based scaling - you can pick and choose per event!  Scaling is the same, so you can choose to go with easier enemies to experiment with different teams, or go with your dominant team for the best rewards!

Is it so much to ask to be able to play optimally and play to have fun at the same time?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

Is it so much to ask to be able to play optimally and play to have fun at the same time?
    LOL yes.  I assume by optimal you mean optimal points.

In that case, most points generally means same generic strategy which is the anti definition of fun LOL.

In all honestly,  optimally usually means 1 specific way and people have many different ways to have fun.  And its not realistic to expect that two different play styles lead to equal results.  

It might be reasonable idealism to ask for that,  but I don't think its realistically achievable.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 965 Critical Contributor
    Starfury said:
    revskip said:
    I think the whole 5* rosters running things narrative is overstated.  4* rosters have the equally dominant 4R&G with any GoG character and are finishing in the top 5 and 10 in the brackets I'm in since the new system went into place.  Plus clears for everyone are much faster.  Not sure why there is a pushback.  

How are clears for 4* rosters much faster than before?

I topped out at 325 before, now it's 300 / 330. First few clears are a bit harder, last few clears are a bit easier. Easy nodes are still 3* Thanos fodder (but slightly faster), while the 2* essential is significantly harder.

Overall, it's a wash, certainly no noticable decrease in time required.

I moved down to SCL 7.  My clears are 30-45 minutes max.  Built into that is also the fact that many 5* teams stayed in SCL 8 so I'm still getting top ten finishes.