PvE 4-star Essentials Tracking/Theory

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    It's pretty much a 50/50 shot between whether it's Riri or R&G as the alliance progression reward. In talking about it on Discord, we figure it may be asking a lot for R&G to be an essential (meaning, they'd be the placement in Hulk as predicted) in an alliance event so soon after their release when so few people seemed to have C&D champed for the previous S6.

My prediction is the top, but here's the most likely situations after Vulture is the reward for Venom Bomb:

• The Hulk: Vulture essential/progression reward, R&G placement reward
    • S6: R&G essential (not provided as progression unless reward structure changes), Riri alliance reward
    or

• The Hulk: Vulture essential/progression reward, Riri placement reward
    • S6: Riri essential, R&G alliance progression

We'll certainly know soon, but I can't see a vaulted character being a reward so soon after Thoress. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    what about color?
  • DesertTortoise
    If they're alliance progression rewards, it'll be all 3 colors. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really hoping that if they don't do a vaulted character for alliance rewards for the rerun of S6 that it's G4ocket over Riri. I believe she's been placement rewards at least twice already. If we're gonna have to get a Current 12, I'd rather have a newer one. I don't think G4ocket has been a placement reward outside their release event yet. And, I already have Riri champed and one of each color would allow me to champ G4ocket and get the LT.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    If I had to guess it looks like we'll get a vaulted character next, then yellow C&D then purple Medusa. Medusa/C&D's covers may switch up since T12A is catching up to the release schedule.This is all barring another 4-star release that would break it up a bit. 

Just wanted to let you guys know what we found. Hope this is helpful. 
    Purple Medusa you say?  Interesting.  I'm going to hope you're correct because if it is I'll be only one cover away from champing her!

EDIT:
    I really should read better, or look at the dates of posts like this.  I had totally forgotten about how recently Medusa was the required... I'm just going to go in the corner now and cry.  I was so excited till stupid reality got in the way!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    I´m almost certain that 4* R&G will be the placement reward in "The Hulk" since the 2nd run of a new character is overdue. Progression rewards should be blue and green covers for Vulture.

Update: The Hulk has Miles Morales as placement reward. That's odd since he was already the placement reward in "Enemy of the state" a few months ago.
  • DesertTortoise
    Miles being the placement reward ends up being great news since if we're going to miss out on a 4-star progression reward that's not a bad one for us to miss. This exact same thing happened very early into vaulting where Miles was the placement reward for Enemy of the State right before we did an alliance event in Age of Ultron. 

My guess is it's still up in the air between Riri and R&G for the alliance progression reward in the next Sinister Six event but who knows at this point. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Come on, R&G for alliance rewards in the rerun of Sinister Six. That would let me champ them...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Mine are 2/2/5, but every little helps. I want R&G champed already, but their covers stubbornly evade me.

I pulled a Sandman from a Blue Shift token earlier, and still haven't decided how I feel about it.
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    It won't be long until they give us the info regarding the rerun of S6 with its progression rewards.

I think (really hope) that it's going to be R&G. Riri was already featured twice as essential character with progression covers, R&G just once in the event that followed their release. For a moment it came to me that Bl4de could also be another option, some sort of encore before he leaves the tokens, but that would probably mess with the timeframe of him leaving the tokens on Thursday. Plus, skipping R&G, Gamora and Sandman would bring the A list far too close to the B list.

C'mon Brigby, let the cat out of the bag.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love it to be Blade, so I could finally get his green, but I could use a full set of covers for either R&G or Riri, so I'm fine with any of those options.
  • DesertTortoise
    It resetting back to Blade is something that's a possibility as well. If that happens we'd probably get Riri and Mordo pretty quickly back to back afterwards to keep the 6 release gap between T12A and T12B. 
  • DesertTortoise
    It's Riri, which seemed like a certainty the second they posted her as getting a rework. I'm looking forward to getting through this since alliance events seem to make things unpredictable. My guess is that since we're expecting Riri's third cover as her progression reward after this event, just like we were with Carol, it'll be her second cover (like it was with Carol). 
  • DarthDeVo
    Bah. Champ levels for Riri, which is fine, was just really hoping to get three guaranteed covers for R&G instead. They haven't been featured since their release event and I think this is the third time Riri has been a reward.

I really hope they don't skip to G4mora, although I do need G4mora covers as well. 
  • Königsmacher
    Yeah, I'm also disappointed that it's Riri. Never mind.

Some thing I noticed regarding the colour of the B list. I don't think the change to the second colour was a mistake or a one time thing. The alliance event and the double progression in "Hulk" hid it a bit, but Brigby's anouncement of the progression in Hulk had Vulture's green as the power in the middle, that's the usual spot of the progression cover in the event after. So, once again the second power. I firmly believe we will get Riri's red as progression and the B list has got changed to the second colour.
  • DesertTortoise
    That's certainly a possibility. I think there's also a pretty good chance we may not see R&G and could reset back to Blade in the event after Riri's essential. 
  • DarthDeVo
    That's certainly a possibility. I think there's also a pretty good chance we may not see R&G and could reset back to Blade in the event after Riri's essential. 
    God, I hope not. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but neither G4ocket nor G4mora have been featured since their release events, right? I think they've been included in the 4* boost list at least once, but never as placement/progression rewards. It's been, what, 2.5 months since G4ocket was released? Two months for G4mora. Guess I'm just impatient. 
  • DesertTortoise
    Right, R&G should be next on the T12A but we don't have enough data to know when it switches back to the beginning. T12A and T12B are typically 6 characters apart, if we get Riri then Blade, T12A will be 5 heroes behind T12B (which would then be on Mordo). That's not unrpecedented but that means we'd be a long ways away from R&G's second run as an essential. It'd probably take around 9 or 10 events before they're caught up to if that happens. 

Chances are that R&G won't get skipped but I'm leaving the possibility open for it since T12A is so tightly on the heels of the release schedule. Sandman's turn being the reset point would make a lot more sense. 
  • Königsmacher
    Blade staying in the tokens has to be a mistake. I think Brigby will update the season anouncement with the info of Blade leaving and Vulture entering the tokens today.

Thinking about the pattern and the recent reworks of Riri and Mordo, my progression predictions for the future events look like this:
    -Riri progression (red)
    -Mockingbird??? - The patch preview thread is full of people claiming that she's the new character released this Thursday
    -Mordo (blue) - to show off his rebalancing
  • DesertTortoise
    My guess is Riri > Release > Mordo > R&G as well. Blade's definitely leaving tokens, there was a crossing of wires and that will get corrected today.