Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited July 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R131 update

MPQ 131!

"Diamond: C(s, diamond)"

What's Changed:

• Take another swing at the Spider-Man vs The Sinister Six Boss Event on July 24!
  • Initial loading times have been reduced.
  • Removed the short delay when switching between different store offerings.
  • 1-Stars will no longer display the amount of Iso-8 would be required to take that character past their Maximum level.
  • Pressing the Back button on Android devices while viewing a secondary power will now reveal the original powers.
  • Powers that require input from the player are now randomly chosen when they are being activated by Colossus (Classic)'s power Fastball Special. 
    • For example, if Quake (Daisy Johnson)'s power Resonate Frequency is activated by colossus, the tile that is chosen is randomly selected.
  • In Wave missions, Doctor Octopus (Classic)'s power Cunning Scheme will now end the current wave instead of completing the entire mission.
  • Black Bolt (Inhuman King) will now be downed correctly when he takes damage as a passive reaction to activating The Silent King.
*Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.

Comments

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,177 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    "Diamond: C(s, diamond)"

I mean, the obvious answer is Emma Frost ... right? Could the mutant drought be coming to an end? 

Although that seems to be written in a very specific manner, and I'm not sure I'm understanding what the hint is supposed to mean written the way it is. 

"
    In Wave missions, Doctor Octopus (Classic)'s power Cunning Scheme will now end the current wave instead of completing the entire mission."

I don't have this power, but isn't this already what was happening, that Cunning Scheme was only ending the current wave rather than completing the entire mission? 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emma was a knee jerk reaction, but Diamondback or Jewel/Jessica Jones.
  • Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The blues are music, music is played in the key of 'C'

Blue Diamond confirmed.

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Still hoping for
    Diamond (Christian Walker)
    (Diamond = C(hristian) + Heat and Pressure (Season 2 finale) = Diamond

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Diamond: C(s, diamond)
    The formulaic appearance makes me think of something very scientific. Apparently not computer code from what other people said, but still, the first thing that came mes to mind is Vivion to complete the Champions line up (with the exception of Teen Scott).
    I'm not sure why the nerf to Fastball Special was deemed necessary. Has Fastbal Special team up become meta defining or something? Pretty sure the community has been asking for a rework to buff Colossus (when they even remember that he exists).
  • rc35
    rc35 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited July 2017
    Options

I think the hint "Diamond: C(s, diamond)" refers to the chemical notation for diamond, rather than standard enthalpy of formation specifically.  The 'C' is the chemical symbol for carbon, the 's' stands for solid, and 'diamond' specifies which form (allotrope) of carbon is being referred to (diamond rather than graphite in this case).

Although I could well be wrong of course: perhaps someone searched for something like "notation for formation of diamond", saw the Wikipedia article with that notation in it, and got the clue that way.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just out of curiosity, why does Colossus' TU need a nerf ???
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now if that hint *is* for Emma Frost, is that the first mutant since November 2015 when Pheonix came out?

I'm curious, I looked through my roster and couldn't see a mutant character that came out more recently than her. Has it really been that long?
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am all for another run of the Spiderman boss event! 

And scuttlebutt around the internet suggests that Fox is loosening up on their iron grip of the X-Men, so here's hoping that this is Emma Frost. 
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Wonder which 4 star progression reward we will be missing out on during the next boss event. Hopefully not one of the ones I've been waiting for.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now if that hint *is* for Emma Frost, is that the first mutant since November 2015 when Pheonix came out?

I'm curious, I looked through my roster and couldn't see a mutant character that came out more recently than her. Has it really been that long?
    These days MPQ seems to be a vehicle for releasing Cinematic Universe tie-in characters, and very occasionally new comic characters that Marvel really want to push. Since mutants aren't part of the MCU and no new mutant characters are being created, I don't think we'll see any more mutants being released anytime soon.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I cannot think about anybody else than Emma Frost. And even though I'm not a great fan of the character, I'm happy if it's her, because that means more X-Men to come in the future.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    If this is Emma Frost I hope they pick the right costume and not some one off she wore in some movie.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The clue is so obvious to Emma Frost that I don't think it's her. 

The capital C is interesting. Crystal maybe?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe fox is seeing how much the MCU tie in is helping Sony with Spiderman...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    halirin said:
    Maybe fox is seeing how much the MCU tie in is helping Sony with Spiderman...
    Difference is, Marvel Studios and Sony actually get along.

Anon said:
    The clue is so obvious to Emma Frost that I don't think it's her. 

The capital C is interesting. Crystal maybe?
    Only other diamond based super hero a friend suggested was Jack Winters, The Living Diamond.

Alternately it could be Gambit. Diamond is a card suit, right?

Or maybe we're FINALLY getting Diamondback.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not Emma.... Just follow the lullaby and there's your answer.
  • Gra-Gra
    Gra-Gra Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jubilee ??? As in diamond jubilee