R131 Release Notes (7/17/17)

Options

Comments

• Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Mr. Sinister has a diamond on his head, could maybe be him.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Diamond:C
    Rock-Cee
    Roxy
    Bling! (Roxy Washington)
    Josuke Higashikata confirmed!
  • Rykard
    Rykard Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    • Powers that require input from the player are now randomly chosen when they are being activated by Colossus (Classic)'s power Fastball Special. 
      • For example, if Quake (Daisy Johnson)'s power Resonate Frequency is activated by colossus, the tile that is chosen is randomly selected.

Buh-but, why? Was there some Fastball Special combination that was broken that I wasn't aware of?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the Colossus change is to prevent someone from accidentally cancelling the activated power and losing it, not an interaction with an upcoming character.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Agreed with @ZeiramMR. When I used him here and there and I'd accidentally cancel the power he was about to fire it would be wasted which was a shame. This certainly narrows the ceiling for the power on powers with selectable tiles but I don't think it has anything to do with paving the way for a new character's kit. 
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is it just me noticing that after the update damage is appearing before the matched tiles disappear? A little thing I know, but it's still bugging me
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Platty616 said:
    Is it just me noticing that after the update damage is appearing before the matched tiles disappear? A little thing I know, but it's still bugging me
    It's not just you. And it bugs me too.
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Diamond:C
    Rock-Cee
    Roxy
    Bling! (Roxy Washington)
    Josuke Higashikata confirmed!
    Yes! Crazy D. please!
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Platty616 said:
    Yes, it's messing with my head.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos said:
    Platty616 said:
    Yes, it's messing with my head.
    Thanks. I hadn't noticed, and now I won't be able not to. Bah.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It speeds up the matches a bit, so I'm not complaining.  It is obviously a bug though, so things will probably change back next release.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It bugged me at first too, but with the amazing adaptive ability of the human spirit, by last night it was already less of an issue
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Sooo.....about that Daken fix.....

It was already annoying, but to be promised a fix patch after patch, and now be stuck with the guy for a 7 day event. I'm a lot more annoyed at this than the Colossus nerf, Colossus basically collects dust anyway. But Daken, I say hi to him on the battlefield every day. 
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

It was already annoying, but to be promised a fix patch after patch, and now be stuck with the guy for a 7 day event. I'm a lot more annoyed at this than the Colossus nerf, Colossus basically collects dust anyway. But Daken, I say hi to him on the battlefield every day. 
    This. Very surprised this hasn't been properly addressed yet. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options

This. Very surprised this hasn't been properly addressed yet. 
    Apologies for the inconvenience. It seems that bug is proving to be trickier to resolve than expected, however it's something the developers are continuing to work hard on fixing.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "Diamond: C(s, diamond)" = Mockingbird
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 603 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I know I'm likely in the minority her, but I would love to see Mockingbird in the game.

I know there's a mutant bandwagon, and they seem underrepresented in the game, but Mockingbird would present a chance for something new in the game.

I was a West coast Avengers fan when I was young, and Mockingbird had a huge depth of character.  She is absolutely deserving to be in the game.

• Pathmaster
    Pathmaster Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Alias: Jewel ... It's Jessica Jones.  The Defenders show comes out in just a few weeks.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alias: Jewel ... It's Jessica Jones.  The Defenders show comes out in just a few weeks.
    Because another name (an alias) for a diamond is a jewel. I'm concerned that this one may make too much sense for it to be true.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Because another name (an alias) for a diamond is a jewel. I'm concerned that this one may make too much sense for it to be true.
    Dang, well done. Like I said, if it were Mockingbird they'd have deleted the first insinuations ASAP as they always do when someone guesses it right too quickly, as they always assume it's datamining.