R131 Release Notes (7/17/17)

Options

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anon said:
    So Mockingbird I guess. What will her powers be?
    I like to think that she'll be a hard counter to Clint. Just because.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Anon said:
    So Mockingbird I guess. What will her powers be?
    I like to think that she'll be a hard counter to Clint. Just because.
    In other words, an anti-countdown character?
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Diamond = M'Kraan crystal
    Cs = Christopher Summers

4* Corsair confirmed.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Anon said:
    The clue is so obvious to Emma Frost that I don't think it's her. 

The capital C is interesting. Crystal maybe?
    I think with the Inhumans dropping (in IMAX even!!) it could very well be Crystal, the Exquisite Elemental. She manipulates matter, excuse me, the four elements. diamond is a crystal etc. BUT...
    -Seems to be spoiled as Mockingbird. thats cool. anti-countdown: yes we need an OBW powerset for the 4*tier 

Colossus nerf is boggling.
    This is what your focusing your efforts on? Why is this a feature prioritization? you could have taken almost any power and improved it for the same amount of work. Make the game BETTER. Why this reversion of quality? what metric reveals that an underused 3* needs to be toned down? More player disdain from Mr. Austin and Co.= store buttons get even more work while bugs flourish and spider characters STILL languish from lack of synergy, players still burning 7/8/9 covers even when they overwhelmingly support a change to cover swapping (even willing to pay to swap), MMR is still total kitty. but now Quake can't pick which color she destroys because....? 

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    Hmm...okay but...where is everyone getting a lullaby from?
    I assume it just means that they already know who it's going to be from data mining and this is how they're letting the rest of us in on it.

Ooh, parallel construction.  I like it.

Wait a minute.  Don't diamonds sparkle?  In the right light aren't they Dazzling?

• Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Updated -
    Is it just me, or does the damage numbers now process faster than before. It seems like the damage is shown on my opponent while the gems are still in motion.
  • darkwatcherDEZ
    darkwatcherDEZ Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hmmm... We initially read the Colossus statement as nerf, but based on the example it sounds more like they are reducing the need for secondary user input. Using the example given and substituting KKhan, she gets tossed airborne and the game randomly selects from her active abilities. If the game randomly selects "Inhuman Stretchiness" then a secondary input to select a tile for effect is required. The change merely randomizes the selection.
    Granted, this could be considered a nerf against strategy, but there was really no initial way of knowing that ability would be picked, and chances are you REALLY wanted "Embiggened Bash" to go off anyway.

As others have said...perhaps there was a bug caused by Vulture
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Updated to Final Release Notes. No Changes.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My question is more basic:

IS THIS UPDATE WORKING ON iOS?

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think if it were Mockingbird, all of the related posts would have been deleted by now. That's how they've always handled things when there has even been a whiff of datamining. When Agent Venom was released I guessed it pretty quickly from the clue (I believe all I posted was "Agent Venom?"), and my post was quickly removed and I got a warning.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options

And scuttlebutt around the internet suggests that Fox is loosening up on their iron grip of the X-Men, so here's hoping that this is Emma Frost. 
    Fox only has film and TV rights for X-Men, not sure how that would have an effect on them adding characters to the game. 
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm gonna say its Rachael Leighton Version of DiamondBack. Brigby did say we're getting several Spider-Man foes 
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

And scuttlebutt around the internet suggests that Fox is loosening up on their iron grip of the X-Men, so here's hoping that this is Emma Frost. 
    Fox only has film and TV rights for X-Men, not sure how that would have an effect on them adding characters to the game. 
    As far as I understand it, the issue isn't Fox not allowing X-Men in these games, it's Marvel not wanting to promote X-Men when they've got the MCU going.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Diamond... "Shine bright like a diamond"... Rhianna... "Riri"... 5* Riri Williams confirmed. /eyeroll

Don't want Mockingbird either, but at least she'd be new.

Can we please just get Emma?

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    My question is more basic:

IS THIS UPDATE WORKING ON iOS?

Sorry, I was rushing and my little smiley and big thank you got clipped off. I didn't mean to be rude!

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sure, get Emma Frost. Game rating goes up to AO.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmmm... We initially read the Colossus statement as nerf, but based on the example it sounds more like they are reducing the need for secondary user input. Using the example given and substituting KKhan, she gets tossed airborne and the game randomly selects from her active abilities. If the game randomly selects "Inhuman Stretchiness" then a secondary input to select a tile for effect is required. The change merely randomizes the selection.
    Granted, this could be considered a nerf against strategy, but there was really no initial way of knowing that ability would be picked, and chances are you REALLY wanted "Embiggened Bash" to go off anyway.

As others have said...perhaps there was a bug caused by Vulture
    I once fastball special with Kamala Khan I think. I wanted to get a better look at the board so I hit cancel, and basically lost the free ability. So in that case, this change is a save against making that dumb mistake
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boo on the nerf for colossus (presumably this is about a conflict with some new power, but it still sucks).

And BOOOOO for the 5* doc oc nerf.  His green is already way too complicated to pull off.  It should be an insta-win even in wave nodes.