Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Options

Comments

• Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Simply amazing. 

The devs have given up actually trying to improve character distribution. 

Is the game winding down this year?
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Changes like this really make me question why I still play this game. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oh man, I'm usually the guy that finds a way to defend the Dev's in some way. This is not a player-base friendly decision. 
    Offering a way to potentially be able to compete compete in the Crash does Nothing toward building up one's roster as a whole.
    Were too many of us begrudgingly spending the 3600 HP on vaulted characters? 
  • mrPuzzleQuester
    mrPuzzleQuester Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I don't think the devs like the players. Each day they find a new way to insult us. 
    They like the whales, noobs & addicted players who keep spending. Pretty much all the design choices & features are to milk the most money out of these people. All F2P players are useless to them. 

If you enjoy the game keep playing but don't spend a penny as it seems like the game is falling off a cliff & they just want to grab as much $ from people while they still can - who know when they'll pull the plug, but I bet it'll be in a forum post on a Friday night.  ;)
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Personally this change will not affect me. I have never purchased from the HfH store. I have all the 4*'s champed except for the very latest (sandman) and devil Dino, & 3600HP is way too expensive for a champ level. 

However for the health of the game, I see this as a very bad change. It will greatly decrease the ability of newer players to cover older characters. 

Hopefully D3 will address this concern shortly (we have only been waiting since March), & this change will be moot. 
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    How soon before characters just get flat out retired? 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yikes. Shoot, I thought the price increase from 2500 > 3600 was bad, then they go and make it even worse. I'm going to refrain from making an American political party reference/joke...
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm sure everything I'll say has been said, but I wanted to add my voice.

I thought the price was a bit high (I've been at 3600 from the start), but I liked that HfH allowed me to complete some long suffering characters.  This change is garbage and means that instead of spending 3600 every few weeks I'll be spending it once every few months.  I don't understand how this makes sense from any point of view.  Devs, vets, whales, beginners...who does this change benefit???

For me personally, instead of looking forward to completing Kate and Miles in a few weeks I guess I'll be waiting...months?  Bucky, Mr F, etc, who I was looking forward to working on in the next cycle and are more than 1 cover away are basically a lost cause now.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yeah, I have 3 characters I was looking forward to finally finishing next month with the 3rd color cycle of the the HfH. Now? I'm probably just going to uninstall. Again. Because there really isn't any way to realistically move forward without dropping thousands on buy clubs or hoarding the middling CP for over a year.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yet another frankly moronic decision by the devs.
    1) Do they actually think more people will buy the cover if it sits there for 5 days instead of having 5 different covers over that same period of days?
    2) Will a single cover of a single color help in 90-95% of crashes? (other than invisibility as a first cover)
    3) They don't care, because here is another long thread of literally everyone listing all the terrible aspects of their terrible update and we will get nothing other than censors, unpinning the thread, and dropped down the bottomless well.
  • mahman10
    mahman10 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    unbelievable...
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Slap in the face from an absurdly out of touch Dev team.  I wonder if they're disgruntled with their management to the point where they would actively try to convince them to push changes they know would result in a worse experience.  I can't explain it any other way...

Since the store is now changing so infrequently why not jack up the price too, we'll have over a year to save up for the cover we need...   Or just kill it all together, people have gotten a few elusive covers during this run, go back to making CP be the only way to increase specific cover levels, there's more money to be made in buy clubs getting 120CP than just giving them away every 2 years for less than $50 worth of HP...

Seriously consider letting whoever floated this idea go...  and definitely get rid of whoever approved it.
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agree with UNC_samurai, don't.