PvP is beyond broken thanks to powered heroes

Options
1235»

Comments

• keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pla5yer99 said:
    Yes. Apparently I got beaten by a 550 thanos with a loaner opponents. There's no way to beat a 550 thanos with a 3 star roster. His hp is way more than 100k
    And how many points did you lose from that fight? 1? 2? Just skip it and move on, it doesn't cost you anything to skip a retal.
    I don't think the point-loss is dependent on the enemy team's level. I got hit by 550's and 300's, and I seem to lose similar amounts. I figured it depended on their ranking vs yours when they hit you.

Also, if Thanos is the only thing they have going and are worth 70+ points, grab Ice-man and use your blue boosts; keep him chilled
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pla5yer99 said:
    Yes. Apparently I got beaten by a 550 thanos with a loaner opponents. There's no way to beat a 550 thanos with a 3 star roster. His hp is way more than 100k
    And how many points did you lose from that fight? 1? 2? Just skip it and move on, it doesn't cost you anything to skip a retal.
    I don't think the point-loss is dependent on the enemy team's level. I got hit by 550's and 300's, and I seem to lose similar amounts. I figured it depended on their ranking vs yours when they hit you.

Also, if Thanos is the only thing they have going and are worth 70+ points, grab Ice-man and use your blue boosts; keep him chilled
    The point is that if you are being queued by 550 teams while you are firmly in the 3* tier, those teams have broken through the upper threshold, and likely have a significantly higher score than you. You will lose a negligible amount of points from that attack that you can ignore.

I get to the point in my climb where I stop queuing the same six people at my level and suddenly start seeing targets worth single digit points who are running lower power teams. I'm a late climber, so that usually means I'm the tallest head in the Whack-A-Mole, and those targets are not worth my time. For forerunners, though, those teams are just meat for the grinder. There is no malice involved, any more than the baleen considers each individual krill.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    Pla5yer99 said:
    For strange reasons I keep seeing 550 level thanos champ teams during pvp. Is it suppose to be that easy to farm so many thanos cover to reached that champion level? I am only a 3 star player. I can't see that is fair to get such high level teams hitting me 
    Are you seeing them in your queue, or just as retaliations?

Once you hit certain point thresholds, your team becomes visible to a wider array of players.  I don't ever see max champ 5* in my queue until they hit me.  When they appear as retaliations, it's usually somewhere around 800 points.  That appears to be when your roster is effectively unlocked for everyone to see.

From what I've read on the forums, it works the same way for the attacker, but it has the opposite effect for the most powerful rosters.  Once they pass a threshold, the game allows them to see everyone else, rather than just the other rosters on their power tier.

I don't think you become visible to them until you've surpassed that arbitrary threshold.   If you're seeing them while you're at low points, there's something else going on.  
    I've noticed that when I start an event early enough to get seed teams, I often get hit by x-men and others with rosters WAY beyond mine.  I don't know this for certain, but it appears that the MMR opens a lot more earlier in events before enough players entered in the bracket to stabilize things.    I don't say this to complain about higher rosters targeting me here (I get it, I'm little more than a slightly-harder seed for those guys and it's so early in the event that I'm probably comparable in points to the other 550 rosters they are seeing); I'm just speculating how Pla5yer99 might be experiencing what he describes...
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I experience this as well. If I start early and climb up to 400-600 and sit at a top 10 rank, I get smashed by the 5* tier as well as others. At this point I put the game down for a bit, let my queue fill up with 5* team after 5* team. So, I just skip until I find winnable matches. 

There is nothing wrong with floating. I often find times in my slice that allows me to progress to 900 fairly quick when I start again. I will say this though. Slice 1 (which isn't my regular slice), I can usually get to 900 with 30 plus hours left. The only drawbacks are hp and the fact that I can't hit 1200 due to the stronger rosters in that slice seem to play later. 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    FokaiHI said:
    I experience this as well. If I start early and climb up to 400-600 and sit at a top 10 rank, I get smashed by the 5* tier as well as others. At this point I put the game down for a bit, let my queue fill up with 5* team after 5* team. So, I just skip until I find winnable matches. 

There is nothing wrong with floating. I often find times in my slice that allows me to progress to 900 fairly quick when I start again. I will say this though. Slice 1 (which isn't my regular slice), I can usually get to 900 with 30 plus hours left. The only drawbacks are hp and the fact that I can't hit 1200 due to the stronger rosters in that slice seem to play later. 
    I usually start a few hrs into the event so other people are at the top then climb, pretty easily, to 600. I float or shield there depending on how much HP I have. Then at about 20-22 hrs left I finished to 900 and shield out. Usually good for t25 in s1