Low life after playing a game

Options
2»

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why not just get rid of this concept of carrying health over?  With QB gone, the concept of cooling off is now mostly replaced with charge counters anyways...  Why have both health regen and countdown counters?  
    Health potions are just something that goes into every mobile game as an extra microtransaction. When you only own 1 planeswalker, then they can pause your game every so often. When you have 20 to choose from they're pretty pointless.

Retooling health potions is probably on Hibernum's to-do list, right above 'fix bugs' and 'create more content'.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ridfrenzy said:
    I had turn two kill in BP today so I took a few screens.  The opponent didn't even get to play a card never mind damage me and it put me on low life after the battle.

Imgur album link: https://imgur.com/a/t7dEw

Didn't you know? Screenshots cause you to take 46 damage.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just had it happen here too, ended a match at 104 health, then during the end battle screen I watched it change from 104 to 24 health. Earlier this morning it did the same dropping it to 1 health.
  • Beutimus
    Beutimus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've been seeing this 'oddness' too. I've had games where I won, got ribbons, but my PW was set to 0 hp.
  • Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've noticed my health change after a game, but it's more often adjusted up than down. And not with any life gain or lifelink creatures appearing during the match. And it's as wereotter described; I can literally see my health change on the objectives screen afterward. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    Why not just get rid of this concept of carrying health over?  With QB gone, the concept of cooling off is now mostly replaced with charge counters anyways...  Why have both health regen and countdown counters?  
    Health potions are just something that goes into every mobile game as an extra microtransaction. When you only own 1 planeswalker, then they can pause your game every so often. When you have 20 to choose from they're pretty pointless.

Retooling health potions is probably on Hibernum's to-do list, right above 'fix bugs' and 'create more content'.
    Yeah, I know, but the reality is they probably just hinder getting people to stay in game.

They would probably need to retool planeswalker leveling too as "faster health regen" is one of their consolation prize gains for leveling.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the inconvenience. I have passed this along to the development team, and they'll be investigating this issue.

I'll be sure to keep everyone updated.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I know, but the reality is they probably just hinder getting people to stay in game.

They would probably need to retool planeswalker leveling too as "faster health regen" is one of their consolation prize gains for leveling.
    Isn't that what the health regeneration improvement boost on some level ups is?
  • SeditiousCanary
    SeditiousCanary Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    madwren said:
    Were you using lifelink creatures? I wonder if it's the opposite of that bug.
    Wait... People play decks without lifelink?
  • timthes
    timthes Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    But very annoying if it happens in Terror in the Shadows top node, third objective states 80+ HP remaining, and you achieve that, and then on reward screen it says 0, and ribbon is not awarded....  
  • Spiritwalker
    Spiritwalker Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Very frustrating, and potentially costing  me a rare in terrors in the shadows.

I did observe this a bit and it seems that your planeswalker will carry over the health it had after a previous battle (maybe even the previous battle). 

I finished one fight in the black Terrors in the Shadows node with 78 health, and then my health was again 78 after the next fight (many hours later, after my PW healed up completely). This could potentially be abused in order to manipulate objectives by 'setting' your health in the story mode, then healing up your planeswalker and ending up at the desired life total no matter how high your life is after the following event fight.

@Brigby thanks for the communication, if the devs aren't aware of these obversations it would be nice if you could pass it over to them!
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I feel like a low life after playing my firf games (sorry someone had to make that joke). But yea, do they make the opponent attack us one last time even after killing them or something?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Spiritwalker

Edit: Last I spoke with them, they are still investigating that issue. I'll keep everyone updated if anything changes.