Low life after playing a game

Options
AngelForge
AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
Hi everyone,

I notice low life (sometimes even zero life points) after I won a game. For example, I play with Saheeli and win without taking damage. After I tap the screen to get my rewards points, my life drops down to 29 points.

is someone else experiencing that?

Comments

• wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I am too. Especially in Training Grounds.

@Brigby Can you move this to the Bugs forum?
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is certainly happening.  Random tho.  I noticed it too late to take a screen shot of final score and then after result. So thought next game I would do just that.  Only next game if behaved itself so the screen shots were irrelevant.  
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Happens to me constantly. I sent an email to support and they apparently doing something about it. However, still a problem.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Good idea, Wink. :-)
    I should have done that right away... Weird that you sometimes think that you are the only one who could be concerned! ^^
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Were you using lifelink creatures? I wonder if it's the opposite of that bug.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I reported it but my thread disappeared. I had on two occasions noticed a drop to exactly 1 life after a win when my life was over 50+. Just finished a match and noticed my life dropped 30 points after the win.  Weird 
  • Froggy
    Options
    madwren said:
    No. Was not using lifelink. It is the opposite effect of using lifelink creatures. The amounts vary randomly. I've had 2hp taken at times and I've had well over 60hp taken - with he same PW. I was not able to isolate anything that might explain it.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Froggy said:
    madwren said:
    No. Was not using lifelink. It is the opposite effect of using lifelink creatures. The amounts vary randomly. I've had 2hp taken at times and I've had well over 60hp taken - with he same PW. I was not able to isolate anything that might explain it.

The reason I asked is that there was/is a bug with the "Finish with 20 or fewer life" objectives that seemed related to this.

The bug is that even if you end the game with your life displaying at, say, 15 life, that it will ADD any life you've gained from lifelink to your life total once the objective screen appears, causing you to fail the objective.

My theory was that perhaps in fixing it, they created ANOTHER bug, where the lifelink is now SUBTRACTED from your life total.

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The good news is that I finished a Dovin battle with about 26 life left and it dropped me down to zero after the battle..but I still got the ribbons for the win! 
  • Scifibot
    Scifibot Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah I get that alot today I keep getting 0 life after the game ends.  It just kind of vanished in front of my eyes.  

Hope they get it fixed soon I often have enough life to keep on going but this is a pain!
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes I gain life after an event as well. Must be yet another bug.  
  • Froggy
    Options
    madwren said:
    Froggy said:
    madwren said:

The reason I asked is that there was/is a bug with the "Finish with 20 or fewer life" objectives that seemed related to this.

The bug is that even if you end the game with your life displaying at, say, 15 life, that it will ADD any life you've gained from lifelink to your life total once the objective screen appears, causing you to fail the objective.

My theory was that perhaps in fixing it, they created ANOTHER bug, where the lifelink is now SUBTRACTED from your life total.

Didn't know that's HOW it worked. Mind you, worked. I just played a game with my Nissa2 and ended with 10 damage taken. Have no lifelink creatures. While claiming rewards, I jumped back to full life. I have Nissa's Renewal in the deck, but I didn't even play it in the game. So maybe this bug has mutated into something new?...
  • Muche
    Muche Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    There are currently two bugs related to life total after the match - the old one madwren is talking about with lifelinking creatures/lifegain spells, and the new one. This new one seems to set PW's total life to the value it had after some previous match(es), not the most recently finished.
    So for example if you lose a match (zero life), use a potion, win the next match with no life lost, life total could get set to zero again.
  • Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rather annoying bug when trying to do multiple battles in a row... It does indeed seem related to lifelink. My guess is that they thought the original life-bump was related to this and they incompetently added some half-assed compensatory patch that backfired.

I believe the original (and apparently still active) bug is caused by a regeneration tick occurring due to the bump of a second on the timer when the "ending match" is resolved. Usually the server takes a few seconds to respond, so it doesn't matter, but when it somehow happens too quickly, the extra second resets the counter to 5:00 and the planeswalker regenerates.
  • Froggy
    Options
    And now I played a match with my Koth. No lifelink, no regen spells or supports. Gained life at the end of the game. Doubt there's a logical reasoning other than a patch gone wrong. This is entirely up to the dev team. @Brigby
  • ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I had turn two kill in BP today so I took a few screens.  The opponent didn't even get to play a card never mind damage me and it put me on low life after the battle.

Imgur album link: https://imgur.com/a/t7dEw
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've had it a few times now.  Dropped from 80ish life to 24 (bounce and disable cards only in BP).  Then no lifegain triggers in Arena dropped from 68 to 16 in the results screen.  It was Saheeli each time for me.  I did have Dynavolt in both decks that had triggers during the match to hit the opponents but that was about the only simalarity.

Edit: Nevermind.  Lili2 just finished at 76 health and went to 0 on results.  Just Zombies and Underhanded Designs.

Screenshots:

Edit2:  Had three in a row there with Dovin the latest victim.  Force closed the app.  Last match was ok.  Could just be coincidence, though.

//Removed Screenshots Displaying In-Game Player Names -Brigby
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I've won games and notice I've been on 0 life on the reward screen.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    does anyone remember that bug that refused to heal
    your planeswalker after a battle? so you would end up
    with something like 44/50 and it would never go up
    to full hp. maybe this is related?

HH
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Why not just get rid of this concept of carrying health over?  With QB gone, the concept of cooling off is now mostly replaced with charge counters anyways...  Why have both health regen and countdown counters?