Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. There have been some corrections to the rewards list, as well as some more answers to your questions:
    1. The last score of Alliance Rewards is correctly acquired at 5,900,000, not at 9,500,000. I have changed the table to reflect this
    2. The 395,500 for Individual Rewards is now correctly listed as Rocket & Groot, not Hawkeye (Modern). Once I find out what the color is, I will update the image accordingly.
    3. 3* and 5* Thanos are playable
    4. Thanos (Infinity Saga) cannot be sent Airborne.
    5. The colors for the Infinity Gems are as follows:
    • Reality Gem (Yellow)
    • Space Gem (Black)
    • Time Gem (Purple)
    • Power Gem (Red)
    • Mind Gem (Blue)
    • Soul Gem (Green)
  • Infinite Power's countdown tile duration is 3-turns at Rounds 1 through 6, and 4-turns at rounds 7 and 8.
  • Yes. Character abilities can increase the countdown timer of Infinite Power tiles.
  • Wait, what? 

OK, I *could* increase the duration of the countdown tile that prevents me from affecting the board. But that would be.. uh... counterproductive to say the least. I want that thing gone ASAP, not sticking around for longer. 

@brigby, can you confirm whether you meant to refer to  the Infinite Power (board locking) tiles, or the Gauntlet (2-turn row destroying) tiles? 
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Last Ultron needed 20,720,000 points in total to finish round 8. Thanos needs only 16,885,000 points. Max personal progression 1,200,000 is the same for both events. It can either mean that it will be easier for alliance to finish round 8 (if points per boss fight are approximately the same) or harder to reach personal progression (if Thanos gives less points then Ultron).

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boss events usually start at noon EST, so about four and a half hours most likely.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Markot said:
    Last Ultron needed 20,720,000 points in total to finish round 8. Thanos needs only 16,885,000 points. Max personal progression 1,200,000 is the same for both events. It can either mean that it will be easier for alliance to finish round 8 (if points per boss fight are approximately the same) or harder to reach personal progression (if Thanos gives less points then Ultron).

Or this is another 'you're supposed to lose' boss and they know it and wanted it to make it possible for some to reach round 8.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:
    Boss events usually start at noon EST, so about four and a half hours most likely.
    Thanks! I waited for the "reward preview" thingy in the PVE tab to pop up but it didn't so I took the question here. 
    Timely fashion, just in time for me to get off work.

Yeah, the start time is pretty good for us CETers. That last sub between 2AM and 4AM though... not so much.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
    • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
    • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
    • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
    • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
    • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

SO we dont know what colors each of these gems are?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    I hate stuff where I need crib notes to play.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Does Thanos have any passive AP generation? Or does his purple depend of the gauntlet going off?
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:
    Thanks! I waited for the "reward preview" thingy in the PVE tab to pop up but it didn't so I took the question here. 
    Timely fashion, just in time for me to get off work.
    Yeah, we're still waiting for the preview and it's supposedly less than two hours from start.

Very uncharacteristic...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Then I guess Gwenpool's Sploits is not for you. I on the other hand look forward to seeing how useful she will be vs Thanos. Good luck!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then I guess Gwenpool's Sploits is not for you. I only the other hand look forward to seeing how useful she will be vs Thanos. Good luck!
    Oooh... good point. Infinity Gem in column 4, you say?... Lemme get my guide. :D
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    slidecage said:
    • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
    • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
    • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
    • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
    • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
    • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

SO we dont know what colors each of these gems are?
    Found this!

"
    1. The colors for the Infinity Gems are as follows:
    • Reality Gem (Yellow)
    • Space Gem (Black)
    • Time Gem (Purple)
    • Power Gem (Red)
    • Mind Gem (Blue)
    • Soul Gem (Green)"
    Depends on if they use comic colors or movie colors (they are different), however the fact that they call them gems and not stones would seem to indicate comic colors.
  • Rick_OShay
    I hate stuff ...
    Oooh... good point. Infinity Gem in column 4, you say?... Lemme get my guide. :D
    'Sploits chart:
    http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/655551/#Comment_655551

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sploits won't do anything if Thanos purple is out
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Preview is up and Individual rewards require less points than listed here.
  • Rick_OShay
    Preview is finally up in-game.

Sploits is intended to avoid him getting his purple out.
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Gauntlet is single target damage, at least for early rounds. His purple prevents effects from already-laid CDs  (e.g. 2* Mags blue does nothing if Thanos CD gets put down before they expire).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated the Reward tables
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Rodolfo78 said:
    Gauntlet is single target damage, at least for early rounds. His purple prevents effects from already-laid CDs  (e.g. 2* Mags blue does nothing if Thanos CD gets put down before they expire).

I think Invisibility will be key for this boss. I used IWs yellow prior to Thanos purple, her insible tile stays on the board. Thanos cannot match tiles so as long as you prevent matching it or it getting destroyed by the Gauntlet tile then it seems winnable at later rounds. Possibly add Prof X for his Invisibility, or even Howard with his million invisible tiles. Elektra or Spiderwoman black could work great too.

Does anyone have a useable C&D? I wonder how Cloaks black would handle boss Thanos.. would he reduce Thanos' power levels to Round 1? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MarkersMake

I would speculate that if the Infinite Power tile can be increased, then so can the Gauntlet one.