Options
124»

Comments

• HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Feyda wrote:
    "Gameplay Speed Improvements

As some of you have noticed, in the previous update we improved the summoning speed for tokens - they are now greatly faster."

I thought they were gonna speed up token summoning even more. I use Saheeli for my main and its still annoying slow using ability 1 and watching the animation. No need to pop up the tokens card twice per summon. Same deal with "Devils Playground" card.
    It speeds up after the second consecutive summon for now (meaning you need 3 or more at once). Although all of the other speed ups are MUCH appreciated.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Is the Emrakul event supposed to be 24 hours long? That's what the in-game timer is showing for me.

Would be a tight squeeze to hit progression for a lot of players.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    Is the Emrakul even supposed to be 24 hours long? That's what the in-game timer is showing for me.

Would be a tight squeeze to hit hit progression for a lot of players.

Most likely it should be an extra day, but they didn't account for the day taken away yesterday during the implementation of 1.7.1
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,229 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I appreciate the speed up efforts, now it's a chaotic mess. Earlier I had my Saheeli vs Tezz, and every turn was like watching a fireworks show. It was impossible to track what was going on.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    While I appreciate the speed up efforts, now it's a chaotic mess. Earlier I had my Saheeli vs Tezz, and every turn was like watching a fireworks show. It was impossible to track what was going on.

You could record your matches and then watch them back in slow motion? icon_razz.gif
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    This. I just played a match where I got completely taken apart. Which is fine--the whole reason I did the grind to go up a tier is so that I could face more challenges. The problem is, while I suspect I could've learned a lot from the deck that crushed me, I actually learned nothing because I couldn't tell what was going on. One moment, the AI has a hand full of cards, the next moment there is a flurry of fireworks, the Ai's hand is empty, there are suddenly giant monsters on the other side of the board, my creatures are all gone, I've lost half of my HP, the the AI has gained ~30 HP.

It would be really cool if I could figure out what combo of cards did all of that and/or figure out how to defend myself from it, but I had no way of figuring out what cards were being played, much less how they comboed together to such good effect.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    wink wrote:
    This. I just played a match where I got completely taken apart. Which is fine--the whole reason I did the grind to go up a tier is so that I could face more challenges. The problem is, while I suspect I could've learned a lot from the deck that crushed me, I actually learned nothing because I couldn't tell what was going on. One moment, the AI has a hand full of cards, the next moment there is a flurry of fireworks, the Ai's hand is empty, there are suddenly giant monsters on the other side of the board, my creatures are all gone, I've lost half of my HP, the the AI has gained ~30 HP.

It would be really cool if I could figure out what combo of cards did all of that and/or figure out how to defend myself from it, but I had no way of figuring out what cards were being played, much less how they comboed together to such good effect.

If you were playing my Sorin deck, that's pretty much all you would see.

I'm winning!

Wait, what? How did...
  • ShadyGrady
    Options
    Still getting clues in hand. Between this and Ulvenwald Hydra it is clear the release notes get checked as carefully as the code.
    Seriously, please take a month to focus on bug fixes instead of new content.
  • ShadyGrady
    Options
    You aren't accounting for the ubiquitous sword of the animist, brawlers plate, strider harness, sigil of valor, etc buff that turns the scion into something in the 3/3-8/8 range. I averaged to 6/6. Admittedly you can achieve similar with a murder investigation and always watching. But that won't generate a ridiculous amount of extra mana. (nor complete the secondary objectives for the new event)
    Stormcrow wrote:
    ShadyGrady wrote:
    Anyone worried that Emerge is going to make from beyond the most powerful card in the game?

It already basically says "each turn: prevent 12 damage, deal 6 damage to opponent's first creature, and gain 18 mana". Now add triggering emerge to the list.

Uhh...no? Because From Beyond doesn't work the way you seem to think it does? You get 1 1/1 Scion a turn. That's prevent (1 non-trampling, non-flying attacker) worth of damage, deal 1 damage to opponent's first creature, and gain 3 mana.

Considering the mana costs of the Emerge cards I've looked at (with a couple exceptions they all seem to be overcosted by roughly 1x their Emerge value), I'd say From Beyond or something like it is going to be practically mandatory to get any significant advantage out of Emerge at all.