** Storm (Classic) **

Comments

• It's worth noting that Classic Storm is often featured in events as well. Divine Tourney, No Man's Land, TaT, Simulator, i'm sure there will be an X-Men tourney in the future as well.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    locked wrote:
    Classic Storm just owned Inivisible Woman's butt in Basics Simulator, she was INVISIBLE for pasta's sake and still got hit by Wind Storm. Classic Storm is insanely great against mid level mooks as well, just whip up 11 blue and all of them are dead. Or get an AoE punch in the face (from spies, grenadiers, pyros, maggia muscle, etc.) and she kills everyone with her yellow (level 3 will suffice). I wish mine had 5 levels in green, too!

+1 on this!

Im lazy and only have her on lvl 46, but she still rocks whenever I use her :3
    .. its so amazing how she can kill the entire enemy team after 2 AoE hits xDDD
  • Can Ares combo his yellow ability (damage to himself) with Storms yellow passive? Basically does Ares damage himself enough to be able to trigger Storms Tempest strike???
  • Does anybody already know how fun Raging Tempest against Raging Tempest is?)
    In Predator And Prey, battle against Storm & Thor, I already have 12 blue AP, but Storm still has about 2k HP. I want to stun Thor, but I already know that it wouldn't be good currently. So I continue to attack Storm and miss Thor getting enough of yellow AP.
    And, Thunder Strike - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - opposing Storm down. I already was afraid to lose)
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Would love to see that on a video; laughing just thinking about it. Like those cartoons of trading slaps.
  • Does anybody already know how fun Raging Tempest against Raging Tempest is?)
    In Predator And Prey, battle against Storm & Thor, I already have 12 blue AP, but Storm still has about 2k HP. I want to stun Thor, but I already know that it wouldn't be good currently. So I continue to attack Storm and miss Thor getting enough of yellow AP.
    And, Thunder Strike - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - Raging Tempest - opposing Storm down. I already was afraid to lose)

I was on the loosing side of one of those, because her storm was stronger than mine, it was fun though
  • Looks like sometimes it doesn't work. I have thought that for some time, but just now, Storm was attacked with Lightning Strike & a chain, from almost full HP to about 600, and there wasn't even 1 trigger of Raging Tempest. Though, as I understand, it should trigger 5 times for each character & 4 times for Storm, if damage wasn't from 1 attack, and each attack in a chain is separate.
    Also, I think Raging Tempest isn't triggered by damage to healed HP.
    I'm not sure about it, so I don't post it in Bugs And Technical Issues.
  • Looks like sometimes it doesn't work. I have thought that for some time, but just now, Storm was attacked with Lightning Strike & a chain, from almost full HP to about 600, and there wasn't even 1 trigger of Raging Tempest. Though, as I understand, it should trigger 5 times for each character & 4 times for Storm, if damage wasn't from 1 attack, and each attack in a chain is separate.
    Also, I think Raging Tempest isn't triggered by damage to healed HP.
    I'm not sure about it, so I don't post it in Bugs And Technical Issues.

Each chain counts as a different attack. It's quite possible none of those attacks did more than 20% of her health.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Each chain counts as a different attack. It's quite possible none of those attacks did more than 20% of her health.
    I thought that it may trigger only if 20% damage was from 1 attack, but then it almost doesn't have use. Also it triggers 3 times from Call The Storm, which also doesn't deal 20% damage.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Phantron wrote:
    I thought that it may trigger only if 20% damage was from 1 attack, but then it almost doesn't have use. Also it triggers 3 times from Call The Storm, which also doesn't deal 20% damage.

Three characters.
  • Also it triggers 3 times from Call The Storm, which also doesn't deal 20% damage.

What numbers are you basing this on? A maxed out Thor will trigger it from a maxed Storm with Call the Storm even if she isn't the one being targeted.
  • Also it triggers 3 times from Call The Storm, which also doesn't deal 20% damage.

What numbers are you basing this on? A maxed out Thor will trigger it from a maxed Storm with Call the Storm even if she isn't the one being targeted.
    Call The Storm is usually 300-400 damage and Daken has almost 3k HP (20% would be 500-600).
  • Call The Storm is usually 300-400 damage and Daken has almost 3k HP (20% would be 500-600).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'usually', maxed out Call the Storm deals 2003 to the targeted enemy and 1001 to any other enemies. It all depends on the specific levels of the characters in question but assuming Storm, Daken and Thor were all maxed out the math is fine.
  • Call The Storm is usually 300-400 damage and Daken has almost 3k HP (20% would be 500-600).

I'm not sure what you mean by 'usually', maxed out Call the Storm deals 2003 to the targeted enemy and 1001 to any other enemies. It all depends on the specific levels of the characters in question but assuming Storm, Daken and Thor were all maxed out the math is fine.
    Usually for me. 1k is if not only Thor is 85, but Call The Storm is 5. What's the damage on 3?

Usually for me. 1k is if not only Thor is 85, but Call The Storm is 5. What's the damage on 3?

I'm not positive but if the numbers scale as you'd think they would at max: 1558/780
  • Has anyone found a good use/team for this character?? I find her to be way less useful than 1* Storm. Her 2 abilities cost 11/12 and her passive does literally nothing, while Modern Storm's red is probably the best red ability for all 1/2* characters and her green is cheaper and does more. Also, she takes work to make use with OBW, since you have to position her correctly to make the blue matches. Sometimes I'll pair her with Modern Magneto and The Hood, but it is really a for-fun team , not actually competitive.
  • Has anyone found a good use/team for this character?? I find her to be way less useful than 1* Storm. Her 2 abilities cost 11/12 and her passive does literally nothing
    I believe you mean figuratively? I have pulled out games I had no business winning due to her passive.
    , while Modern Storm's red is probably the best red ability for all 1/2* characters and her green is cheaper and does more. Also, she takes work to make use with OBW, since you have to position her correctly to make the blue matches. Sometimes I'll pair her with Modern Magneto and The Hood, but it is really a for-fun team , not actually competitive.
    "competitive" is a pretty relative premise here because of the MMR and scaling that everyone experiences. I have no idea if my team would be usuable in your matches or no.

But anyways, I've been running Thor/C. Storm/MN Magneto in the last couple pvp events, and have placed pretty high in them (top 5 last time, aiming for top 10 in this current one). For about 75% of my matches, everyone finishes with above 90% health and it is over pretty quickly. Usually getting to 9 purple will almost always finish the deal. Polarity shift usually causes a small cascade, which will (besides the blue for c. storm) get close to enough yellow for Thor. And certainly by then, only one enemy is left, and I can keep stunning with wind storm, and taking down health with Thor or Magneto's red.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Has anyone found a good use/team for this character?? I find her to be way less useful than 1* Storm. Her 2 abilities cost 11/12 and her passive does literally nothing, while Modern Storm's red is probably the best red ability for all 1/2* characters and her green is cheaper and does more. Also, she takes work to make use with OBW, since you have to position her correctly to make the blue matches. Sometimes I'll pair her with Modern Magneto and The Hood, but it is really a for-fun team , not actually competitive.

I'm running Thor/C.Storm/OBW in Divine Champions right now. Thor for trecolori smackdown chains, C.Storm for blue and passive counterattacks, OBW for stealing/healing.

Also, heavy hitter + C.Storm + MN Mags is good on offense, but terrible on defense as long as you don't trigger Raging Tempest.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Haha, I was playing in the Hood tourney just now. My cStorm and Daken against another cStorm and Juggs. Both our Hoods were at 15. She hit my Hood and triggered Tempest, which triggered my Tempest which triggered hers, etc. For a total of 6 before my Hood ate it. It was fun to watch, but I cringed at the damage my cStorm was taking.
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    In the last Divine Champions tournament, I got to experience the C. Storm cascade. I really think this ability needs some modification. As it is, it will either accidentally win you the match (such as from an AoE that doesn't quite kill your team) or dish out a small amount of damage after one of your allies gets burst down.

With these simple changes it could be made much more consistent:
    - It can only trigger at the end of an opponent's turn
    - it only triggers once per character
    - it takes the total damage received to determine if it triggers, rather than checking each attack.