** Storm (Classic) **

145791014

Comments

  • hetchel wrote:
    ...her black is very good as a beginner, but almost meaningless when you progress into the game and the enemies have thousands of life points.

    I may have to disagree with you there - her black is pretty nifty even with higher level health enemies - if you've got her paired with some strike-tile creating heroes. Sure, 100-150 damage isn't much, but when it increases to 400-500 per turn for doing nothing, it can be pretty awesome.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    hetchel wrote:
    ...her black is very good as a beginner, but almost meaningless when you progress into the game and the enemies have thousands of life points.

    I may have to disagree with you there - her black is pretty nifty even with higher level health enemies - if you've got her paired with some strike-tile creating heroes. Sure, 100-150 damage isn't much, but when it increases to 400-500 per turn for doing nothing, it can be pretty awesome.
    Good squatting skill, too, if you're up against someone who makes a nuisance of themselves with special tiles, like Daken. A couple in succession over a short span locks most of the board against (some) special tile conversion.
  • KolenceKolence Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    hetchel wrote:
    Because at 20 (10+10) green AP, Modern Storm shatters 32 tiles (you KNOW you can use a power more than once in a turn, don't you icon_e_wink.gif ?), a number that Classic can't reach not even at 30 green AP.

    I am sorry, but this is simply not true. Classic Storm needs only 24 (12+12) to shatter 36+ tiles guaranteed.

    Otherwise I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I'd just add that M.Storm's black can help together with strike tiles (twice the extra damage) and against the opponent's special tiles by covering the board with hers.
  • Kolence wrote:
    hetchel wrote:
    Because at 20 (10+10) green AP, Modern Storm shatters 32 tiles (you KNOW you can use a power more than once in a turn, don't you icon_e_wink.gif ?), a number that Classic can't reach not even at 30 green AP.

    I am sorry, but this is simply not true. Classic Storm needs only 24 (12+12) to shatter 36+ tiles guaranteed.

    Otherwise I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I'd just add that M.Storm's black can help together with strike tiles (twice the extra damage) and against the opponent's special tiles by covering the board with hers.

    I'm afraid you have misread Classic Storm's green (it happened to me at first). At level 5, it shatters ONLY as much tiles as your green AP (yes, you can go read it icon_e_wink.gif ). At level 4, it shatters 6+1 for every 2 green AP. But at level 5 there is no "6+". At 12 AP, level 4 and 5 are even, and at more AP, 5 level progress twice as fast.
    I might agree than you can use the black to combo with strikes and to flood the board with special tiles (which can be good to fight some characters, but also bad for some of your characters). Nonetheless, at cost 9 is an average to weak (but not useless, and at least uses black) ability when you progress further into the game.
  • hetchel wrote:
    Kolence wrote:
    hetchel wrote:
    Because at 20 (10+10) green AP, Modern Storm shatters 32 tiles (you KNOW you can use a power more than once in a turn, don't you icon_e_wink.gif ?), a number that Classic can't reach not even at 30 green AP.

    I am sorry, but this is simply not true. Classic Storm needs only 24 (12+12) to shatter 36+ tiles guaranteed.

    Otherwise I pretty much agree with everything you've said. I'd just add that M.Storm's black can help together with strike tiles (twice the extra damage) and against the opponent's special tiles by covering the board with hers.

    I'm afraid you have misread Classic Storm's green (it happened to me at first). At level 5, it shatters ONLY as much tiles as your green AP (yes, you can go read it icon_e_wink.gif ). At level 4, it shatters 6+1 for every 2 green AP. But at level 5 there is no "6+". At 12 AP, level 4 and 5 are even, and at more AP, 5 level progress twice as fast.

    So if C.Storm has 24 green, she uses it for 24 AP. Now she has 12 AP (assuming she didn't get any more green AP) and she uses it again (remember, you can use an ability twice in one round icon_e_wink.gif ) to destroy another 12 tiles. That 24 + 12, which equal 36. And more likely, it will be higher because she'll probably gain more green AP after the first use. It doesn't seem like it, but in practice, C.Storm is better as long as you can generate the green AP. Rag was great for that. He would load up on Green AP, then she would get a bunch of Red AP. Rinse and repeat.
  • You (both of you) are right and I'm wrong, to put it simple. icon_e_wink.gif
    I was wrongly thinking in "Ares terms" (depleting the green when using the ability), but it is not.
    As you say, with 24 green AP is at least 36 shattered tiles. But nonetheless, till about those 24 AP Modern Storm's green is better that Classic Storm's one, which is quite a high threshold.
    Thanks for making me get out of my mind slip on this icon_e_smile.gif
  • well, u hav to remember, when u r saving ur ap to 24, u hav to take some time to stock them up, so when u r stocking them up, will ur storm die during the collection of green??? and when i play modern storm i just need 10 ap to collect extra 6 ap from the cost then i can use the ap collected to trigger my other characters' skills n down the enemy on sight instead of collecting 16 ap to down them?! rite??? icon_e_biggrin.gif as a support character when u fight against countdown tiles, storm is the best as she can break environmental tiles n oso colour tiles at the same time!!!
    Also!! She's counter against DAREDEVIL, 3 of her skills can kill daredevil easily!!!
  • How about a 3* storm
  • Bugpop wrote:
    How about a 3* storm
    Yes, please. Unfortunately the Overseers have said alts are mostly not happening for the time being because they've concluded lotsa characters is the way to go, but I don't think more have been ruled out entirely.
  • If so!! PLS BUFF C.STORM!!! HER GREEN IS TOOO COSTLY.. might as well gv her tiles destruction of 6tiles + every green ap in her team :> to make it better compared to m.storm
  • Just got a yellow cover for Storm from Heroic Oscorp, should I build mine as 4-5-4? Considering I have her now at 3-5-3. I see that lvl 5 Green doesn't differ too much from lvl 4 Green (I cast abilities as soon as I can usually and c.Storm's Green gets used rarely since it's costly somewhat). I don't see myself getting more than 12 green ap on a regular basis, no high GSBW or Hulk yet. Probably months before I have leveled green generators. But in the long run, anything less than 5 in Green is bad?

    edit: forgot that I have Thor already. I guess for a passive skill that requires you to take a huge blow it's not worth it.
  • Thor and cstorm is good combo. cStorm green does serious damage and generate APs. My cStorm is at lvl55 and the green does 1k damage on average and if there are plenty of green on board it will refill itself. The best cascade I had was using the green 3 times in a row in the heroic PVE. (GSBW lvl30 's purple helped generate green for her) I don't like the slow grind in the Heroic event, cStorm made it slightly faster. However, if you have high level GSBW, you probably won't use cStorm at all. They act similarly, clear board, big aoe damage.
  • locked wrote:
    Just got a yellow cover for Storm from Heroic Oscorp, should I build mine as 4-5-4? Considering I have her now at 3-5-3. I see that lvl 5 Green doesn't differ too much from lvl 4 Green (I cast abilities as soon as I can usually and c.Storm's Green gets used rarely since it's costly somewhat). I don't see myself getting more than 12 green ap on a regular basis, no high GSBW or Hulk yet. Probably months before I have leveled green generators. But in the long run, anything less than 5 in Green is bad?

    edit: forgot that I have Thor already. I guess for a passive skill that requires you to take a huge blow it's not worth it.

    5/5/3 is the only way to go in my opinion.

    Marginal increase in tempest damage for 4 and 5 yellow covers... most people are smart enought to 1 shot storm or stun her, and very rarerly find myself in a situation where all three of my characters are below 50%.

    A fully charged Lightning storm is awesome.

    Pair her up with BWGS and you can cycle through Lightning Storms and Deceptive Tactics as each power feeds the other.
  • Hello guys icon_e_smile.gif

    I would like to start using Classic Storm, i just feel like it. I have her at 5/5/3

    Any good teams with Classic Storm nowdays? My only three star is a Punisher, so i'm interested in two star parteners for this goddess
  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Hello guys icon_e_smile.gif

    I would like to start using Classic Storm, i just feel like it. I have her at 5/5/3

    Any good teams with Classic Storm nowdays? My only three star is a Punisher, so i'm interested in two star parteners for this goddess

    C. Storm can be plugged into a lot of teams, you can pair her with thor for team wide slamming goodness with her blue and thor's green or use thor's yellow to gather green for her lightning storm and so on. ** magneto's polarity shift can quickly gather blue AP for wind storm as well, you can't really go wrong with her in teams.
  • I've been using M.Storm for the last little while (Lvl 27, 5/5/3) but through many lucky cover pulls I've managed to get my C. Storm to 5/1/3 and because of her being buffed in the event I decide to level her up to 23. Should I phase out M.Storm at this point and not waste putting any more ISO into her? As well, what's the optimal build for C.Storm?
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using M.Storm for the last little while (Lvl 27, 5/5/3) but through many lucky cover pulls I've managed to get my C. Storm to 5/1/3 and because of her being buffed in the event I decide to level her up to 23. Should I phase out M.Storm at this point and not waste putting any more ISO into her? As well, what's the optimal build for C.Storm?

    Depends on the rest of your roster. I personally don't like C. Storm: green is a common color for most of the good 2* characters (Thor/Ares/Wolvie), which means that she only has one useful color in blue. However, if C. Storm is the only 2* that you have a lot of covers in, then leveling her up is fine (although you shouldn't expect her to be better than M. Storm until far later. Her abilities aren't as good as C. Storm, so its mainly the increased hp/damage).5/5/3 is optimal for C. Storm since you shouldn't be relying on her yellow. I personally don't like C. Storm because
  • I'm currently running IM30 (Lvl 29 5/5/3), M.BW (Lvl 27 5/5) and my third is M. Storm. My Thor is at 3/0/3 (Lvl 10) and Wolverine is at 1/1/0 (Lvl 8) and I have no Ares. There's nothing else noteworthy in my roster other than one Punisher cover and one Dr. Doom cover I managed to pick up.
  • NorthernPolarityNorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm currently running IM30 (Lvl 29 5/5/3), M.BW (Lvl 27 5/5) and my third is M. Storm. My Thor is at 3/0/3 (Lvl 10) and Wolverine is at 1/1/0 (Lvl 8) and I have no Ares. There's nothing else noteworthy in my roster other than one Punisher cover and one Dr. Doom cover I managed to pick up.

    In that case, it's probably worthwhile to start investing in C. Storm, since you can get her up to ~60ish with your current amount of covers, right? She seems like a good transition character for people that are trying to get into 2*s. I would begin the phase out process, since C. Storm is pretty good at 5/1/3 (the levels in blue don't matter as much as the ones in green in terms of scaling).
  • over_clockedover_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited February 2014
    Classic Storm just owned Inivisible Woman's butt in Simulator Basics, she was INVISIBLE for pasta's sake and still got hit by Wind Storm. Classic Storm is insanely great against mid level mooks as well, just whip up 11 blue and all of them are dead. Or get an AoE punch in the face (from spies, grenadiers, pyros, maggia muscle, etc.) and she kills everyone with her yellow (level 3 will suffice). I wish mine had 5 levels in green, too!
Sign In or Register to comment.