HEARTHSTONE

Options
124»

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I got one of the worst possible pick 1 of 3 in arena:
    Angry chicken, ancient watcher, or alarm o bot lol. Went with alarm o bot hah
  • I played Hearthstone, and tbh, I wasn't all that impressed by it. It's failing ended up being it simplicity and too much streamlining. When I played I saw no strategy being able to be employed, and it really just came down to who could get their summons out faster.

I have played my fair share of CCG's, ranging from the early days of MtG, Pokemon, and Wyvern, to online CCG'S like Cabal and am a semi - current player of Shadow Era. With Hearthstone, I didnt really find anything intuitive about it, that matched any of my experiences. So that was a big turnoff. Hex looks to be more promising, though it does come off as a re-skinned MtG from what I saw of the Kick starter video. Nonetheless, I am more inclined to give Hex a try than return to Hearthstone... probably ever.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    I have played my fair share of CCG's, ranging from the early days of MtG, Pokemon, and Wyvern, to online CCG'S like Cabal and am a semi - current player of Shadow Era. With Hearthstone, I didnt really find anything intuitive about it, that matched any of my experiences. So that was a big turnoff. Hex looks to be more promising, though it does come off as a re-skinned MtG from what I saw of the Kick starter video. Nonetheless, I am more inclined to give Hex a try than return to Hearthstone... probably ever.
    The company behind Hex is the same that produced the now shuttered WoW TCG, and the similarities to that are pretty obvious. I'm still hoping that they take more advantage of the all-digital format (much like Solforge has done). Being all digital, you can do things with the cards that would be prohibitively complex in a physical realm. While the gameplay gets a tad repetitive, I do love Solforge's evolutionary card idea (you play it and that version goes into play but an evolved version goes into your discard to be recycled when you re-shuffle).

Also, props for mentioning Wyvern. I remember having a few Wyvern-backed Magic misprints - those were hilarious. Surprised no one has mentioned Netrunner as one of the old favorites. That was Richard Garfield's masterpiece (though completely overshadowed by Magic).
  • I've been playing this game for a week now. I play two or three matches and then log off. It doesn't have that " just one more game.." pull on me that a great game often does.

It's very well done and polished, but there is just something missing with it.
  • What it's missing tbh is the tablet version.

And this has just had its first pre-release wave for New Zealand, Canada, and another country that escapes me for the moment
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So the mobile versions have finally expanded from tablets to phones, which means I finally have a chance to play. Having not played any card games, I'm pretty intrigued so far. Can't say I'm having fun yet, as I'm still trying to wrap my head around the mechanics, but I can see myself sticking around for a while.
  • I was so excited by the mobile version until I realised it's the desktop version with responsive UI! 2GB mobile game... err...
  • MasterBaty
    Options
    Free to Play for all Diablo 3 owners until tomorrow, and you get to keep Diablo as a perm teammate. - First time posting , sorry to dig up old bones. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    MasterBaty wrote:
    Free to Play for all Diablo 3 owners until tomorrow, and you get to keep Diablo as a perm teammate. - First time posting , sorry to dig up old bones. icon_rolleyes.gif

What does this have to do with Hearthstone? lol
  • co-op
    co-op Posts: 2
    Options
    Anyone else excited about the upcoming expansion? The few cards they've shown off so far seem cool, but I think I'm most excited about the standard format.
  • johncostas
    johncostas Posts: 1
    Options
    Yeah!! I would agree that hearthstone is quite awesome game.
  • clownstyle
    Options
    I really want to love hearthstone, but I just can't..

Feels like I'm so far behind everyone else. And yes, I get matched with people who have newer sets for some reason icon_e_sad.gif
  • co-op
    co-op Posts: 2
    Options
    clownstyle wrote:
    I really want to love hearthstone, but I just can't..

Feels like I'm so far behind everyone else. And yes, I get matched with people who have newer sets for some reason icon_e_sad.gif

I definitely felt the same way at first. I recommend watching some pro players using their F2P accounts. You'll notice that most of them play a bunch of Arena to build up their collection. It's actually easier than it seems.