HEARTHSTONE

Options
Unknown
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
Can anyone tell me if this game is any good? Looking for a new game to play and if its coming to iphone icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• Hearthstone is quite awesome, still in beta though. It will come to iPad first sometime this year I guess, and later (who knows when) to the iPhone.

It has a F2P model that actually works and if you spend money, you feel like you are getting proper value from it, go figure!
  • This should really go in the Other Games category.
  • I got directed to this day before yesterday and have been playing it religiously ever since. Great game. Blizzard also has another game coming up Heroes of something or other looks really good as well.
  • Hearthstone isn't the worst ccg I've ever played. It gets very repetitive after a while, and they don't really do much to take advantage of the pure digital format (as something like Hex or Solforge has done, which Solforge is available on ipad and is free and is quite fun). If you played the WoW physical tcg, it plays very similarly.

It was fun. I dropped about $20 on the beta, made it to a platinum arena rating in about 2 weeks and got bored and haven't looked back.
  • Did you post this here just so IceIX would have to move it and say something?
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Did you post this here just so IceIX would have to move it and say something?

EXACTLY icon_e_smile.gif
  • If you are already really good at competitive card games like Magic the Gathering you will find it too simple and the game play very limited. My opinion is of a highly experienced Magic player so it will be negative.

The game seems to suffer from the same issue that all games do when they simplify or remove the mana system, there is 1 best card at 3 mana, and everything is ****. If you print a new best 3 drop it invalidates all previous 3 drops.
    There are no instants so interaction is limited to only your turn. That is good for quick easy games, but gets repetitive fast. Just play optimally and you will get there.
    All you really need to do is use all of your mana every turn and you will win, curve out 1-6.

Now if you have never played a competitive card game before or have only moderate interest in them you should have a great time. The interface is polished, looks pretty. The collecting is pretty intuitive. You can grind your unneeded cards into dust and use that dust to purchase cards you want. It is not overly complicated.
  • -Xios- wrote:
    This should really go in the Other Games category.

Yes it should, but i posted it here instead
  • can you actually play for free and not get stuck without money like certain other games?
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Did you post this here just so IceIX would have to move it and say something?

EXACTLY icon_e_smile.gif

Nice
  • You can play for free, but card acquisition slows down b/c you're stuck earning gold via daily quests. And unless you're really good, you'll also be limited in how many tourneys you can do.
  • can you actually play for free and not get stuck without money like certain other games?

Yes you can, you can get everything the game offers just by playing, it will just take more time.

Yes you can, you can get everything the game offers just by playing, it will just take more time.

cool thanks, must give it a go

They give you quests to win stuff you can play all day without paying if you want to. I would imagine how far you can climb the pvp ladder will be have something to do with how much you invest. You can win stiff for free but I will be surprised if it will allow you to compete at the upper tier of play. You get matched to an even opponent though so that is nice. Also they have the arena which allows you to build a deck from their cards and compete until u lose 3 times. You can win prizes there. I like the system. Gameplay is easy and may get repetitive long-term but maybe not depends on you. Can't be any more repetitive than this game.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    **** is this an IPad only game?
  • Kiamodo wrote:

Currently is PC/Mac. They announced iPad version coming first, then after that other tablets (Android thingies I suppose) and phones.
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Alright devs. You got till that comes out.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kiamodo wrote:

It's been available for PC as a beta for months now, I got in the closed beta last year, I found it entertaining for a while, Valeera was overpowered back then and certain characters like Anduin and even Garrosh were underpowered
  • AdamMagus wrote:
    Kiamodo wrote:

It's been available for PC as a beta for months now, I got in the closed beta last year, I found it entertaining for a while, Valeera was overpowered back then and certain characters like Anduin and even Garrosh were underpowered

Seems pretty balanced to me so far. I have nearly unlocked all the basic decks and have some expert cards already. Been playing 2 1/2 days and have played PVP and Arena
  • Kiamodo
    Options
    Don't really play PC like I used to. Work and baby and all. I need my phone mobile gaming.