*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• Just tried the trap thing -- it disappeared when DD died like a counter. ****?

That is completely nuts in every possible way.
  • The fact that it can get overwritten by strike tiles is just facepalmworthy.
  • Disarms way to easily, disarm needs to happen less often, otherwise I love him
  • I like the initial suggestion, only adding to it, doing a little more damage when the player matches red.

And disarms need to be less often, don't happen when other tiles are on it or disarm allows you to recollect resources used to make the trap +3 ap of that color as others have suggested
  • grifman wrote:
    Give him one direct attack for fall back.
    Have tiles destroyed by foes that clear rows or sections relocate to another tile.

He needs to be more reliable, not based upon hoping something will happen that might not.

I disagree..sorta. The issue is characters like like spidey are just currently too overwhelming as support characters or too offensive like obw for support. Daredevil is what avsupport character should be. Hood too. I'd say the buff that he needs is to make his purple be able to passively make traps upon matching purple..no ap required. The traps would be weaker but you would have more available sooner. So while agree he needs to be a little mire reliable, I think mire weaker traps faster is mite in line with support than giving him direct damage/effect abilities.
  • Stealing 1 purple AP on matching an environmental trap is fine as a baseline. Maybe it can be increased in potency in some other way as you level up since purple isn't a strong color. Maybe something like:

Level 1 on match own trap steal 1 AP of purple
    Level 2 steal 1 AP of purple or black
    Level 3 steal 1 AP of purple or black or yellow
    Level 4 steal 1 AP of purple or black or yellow or green
    Level 5 steal 1 AP of a random color

If the enemy doesn't have an AP of a the chosen color you'd just reroll the randomness, unless they have no AP of any eligible colors.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    The fact that it can get overwritten by strike tiles is just facepalmworthy.

At least it's a color that hardly ever becomes a strike tile icon_lol.gif
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Deadpan wrote:
    I feel like my sense of dignity is being ambushed as well when he flies legs open, genitals first, into the screen.

icon_eek.gif

Plural genital? I must say I hadn't noticed...these costumed superheroes, what are they like.
  • Zhirrzh wrote:
    The fact that it can get overwritten by strike tiles is just facepalmworthy.

Hailstorm.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    DareDevil is a counter card. His purple should be tweaked to not go on enviornmental, but if you play a team that relie's heavily on red and blue for abilities, then Daredevil counters them, that's what he is, he is probably the greatest counter card ever made, I do think the AP costs need to be a little less, but wow does he counter guys, except any wolverine and his strike tiles.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like how strike tiles pop the trap tile, that just seems wrong, to me it should either do nothing or leave it where it is. Also they need to make purple be 9ap, red and blue 6ap, drop the red damage accordingly
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    I don't like how strike tiles pop the trap tile, that just seems wrong, to me it should either do nothing or leave it where it is. Also they need to make purple be 9ap, red and blue 6ap, drop the red damage accordingly
    Not only strikes, CDs too (like Punisher's black, it was really bad when only trap that I put was overwritten by my own Punisher). All in all, he supposed to be "high risk - high reward" type of characters, but while his "rewards" nice (powerful red, best steal and stun ATM), but his "risks" even more higher:
    1) no obvious synergy with his mechanic, thus
    2) many conflicts with other characters (strike, attack, CD, board-crushers)
    3) uncertainity of results - ATM almost, if not all CDs give faster and more stable results than traps.
    So, either
    A) he's (failed) herald of whole bunch of characters that work with trap mechanic (multiplier of traps? color locker?)
    or
    B) he's in for a serious buff/reworking.
  • After the announcement of the character, I thought is has potential to be at least funny, but not powerful (the *** Modern Hawkeye was an accurate description, even if MH is useful vs minions where DD is useless). But I didn't believe that the traps were random (I knew Matt was blind, but not that he was stupid; on the other side, it must be SOOOO much effort to put "of your choice" or "random" in abilities' description...)
    After release, and realizing that the traps were indeed random, and overwritable by... a passive... I thought it was a stupid and useless character.
    After testing him in his tournament, I realized it was UTTERLY stupid and useless. What a waste.
    Of course it needs a rework: put traps were you want; reduce cost of purple at least, to 9; make level 5 blue stun 5-1 instead of stupid 6 (to level at least the randomness of the opponent); and reduce/halve red's damage, of course. Ah, and "disablable" only as much as a countdown (no overwrite with strikes, nor most countdowns except CA Level 5 and the like). More or less along the lines of most players' opinion (if only developers were as smart...). THEN in can be the *** Modern Hawkeye.
    When I see level 100+ DDs in PvP, I get amazed about how much excess ISO some people has...
  • In my opinion... Daredevil still need some more further improvement especially the blue skill...
    Why level 5 blue skill stun opponent for 6 turns? i though the maximum stun given is only 5... so unless blue skill is changed i dun see the reason why we should max blue skill 1st....

In contrast... his red damn painful... plus most character require red to activate their strong skill like thor... patch... wolverine... rag... hulk... and others.
    so for now the optimal build is either 4/4/5 or 5/3/5
    as other suggested stealing 6 ap is quite overkill as i can said... but longer stun duration also good... around 3 or 4 turn should be enough to set up a cascade board...
  • Can anyone verify that when multiple traps in a set of 3 are matched, does it only count one as being activated? I heard this, and it makes even less appealing if true.
  • Skyedyne wrote:
    Can anyone verify that when multiple traps in a set of 3 are matched, does it only count one as being activated? I heard this, and it makes even less appealing if true.
    Nah, it's separate attacks - AI once matched two red buffed traps, lost Thor and Wolverine immediately. Unique feeling, I should say.
  • Hey So I was just playing simulator hard mode with the daredevil match and I had the whole team stun locked and went to match a blue and got hit with his blue trap. I don't think his traps should be able to go off if he's stunned right? Pretty annoying as it cost me the match!
  • I think that works ok. Strike tiles and the ones with the fist (name?) both work if the creator is downed.
  • GEFPenst wrote:
    Skyedyne wrote:
    Can anyone verify that when multiple traps in a set of 3 are matched, does it only count one as being activated? I heard this, and it makes even less appealing if true.
    Nah, it's separate attacks - AI once matched two red buffed traps, lost Thor and Wolverine immediately. Unique feeling, I should say.

Ok. Good to know then. At least it won't seem like wasted AP.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is working as designed, AFAIK.

It's already pretty easy to overwrite his traps. If stun defeated them as well, he'd be even weaker.