**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Comments

• Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Just. Plain. Awful.

I like many others used him during the Jugg heroic hearing how bad he is but gave him a shot, especially since my Cho is 525 but even decently covered he is just horrible. Before any new reworks this guy desperately needs some attention.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    really need an explanation on why the self stun on the black. it is so hard to get off and doesn't do much anyway, although it is true healing (gee great). that just takes a really mediocre ability and just makes it garbage in his ddq day. yay, i finally managed to get black off to heal some minimal amount! oops, no turn for you, let beast gather more ap.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    As if creating blue tiles wasn't enough to keep you from spamming it. Something with so many drawbacks and conditions should have a super strong effect.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    So is Cho Hulk the only character that will attempt to join a side in MCW and be told "Umm...we're good. Go see if Team Iron Man needs you."?
  • Xaldyn
    Xaldyn Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Can someone please put up a poll asking whether d3 should remove Totally Awesome Hulk from all tokens (Heroic and Legendary ) until they update him? He's one of the few characters I seem to pull reliably, and despite needing all the 4*'s I can get, I've sold the cover because the 1k iso was far more useful to me than any color of Cho. In the most recent character ranking he beat out Devil Dino to claim the position of worst 4* in the game, and we only see DD in packs once a year! Personally, whenever I open a 4*, even if it's starlord or invisible women, I can live with it because at least in their boosted events, they can sort of pull their weight. But I get infuriated when I see Cho because to me, that's a completely wasted token. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I'm asking if someone can put up the poll because I dont know how (or I don't have permission to do so) and I want to see what everyone thinks and, maybe, get d3 to respond to this.
  • Leugenesmiff
    Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Xaldyn wrote:
    Can someone please put up a poll asking whether d3 should remove Totally Awesome Hulk from all tokens (Heroic and Legendary ) until they update him? He's one of the few characters I seem to pull reliably, and despite needing all the 4*'s I can get, I've sold the cover because the 1k iso was far more useful to me than any color of Cho. In the most recent character ranking he beat out Devil Dino to claim the position of worst 4* in the game, and we only see DD in packs once a year! Personally, whenever I open a 4*, even if it's starlord or invisible women, I can live with it because at least in their boosted events, they can sort of pull their weight. But I get infuriated when I see Cho because to me, that's a completely wasted token. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and I'm asking if someone can put up the poll because I dont know how (or I don't have permission to do so) and I want to see what everyone thinks and, maybe, get d3 to respond to this.

You probably pull many more 4*s than I do, but doesn't almost surely knowing that they'll buff him eventually make you at all hesitant to sell his covers. At least when they make him actually Totally Awesome you'd have a good start. That's why I've kept him and other bad characters. Didn't really pay off with the Invisible Woman buff, but for me and the crawl that I get new 4* covers at, it's worth the risk/slot just in case.
    Just my two cents.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Did they intentionally make this character suck as an indication of how they feel about him? He's so bad I can't imagine it wasn't done purposely.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Kinda funny how even with 30 blue in the bank, his green does less than pretty much everything Kate Bishop or Drax can do
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Maybe renaming this character: The Hulk (Totally Not-So-Awesome)
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Amadeus ****: The Totally Awful Hulk is my $.02.

In the Green Lantern movie, Greg Berlanti (writer) had this great idea for Hal and Carol's relationship; that her death, and tear from her face, hits the ring and reignites Hal's resolve, and re-powers the ring. This was the ooomph he needed to fight Sinestro. Because Sinestro, not giant space spaghetti monster, was his villain.

Nope. Board intervention meant they needed a "shock and awe" sort of baddie instead of truly good writing and proven character development. Ergo, the movie was wrestled from his hands, and his name is tarnished because of it.

What's that got to do with Cho? This character design reeks of Top Brass intervention. You can really feel, when playing a character, when a hand was forced. Casey and Will can design great characters. Example: Iron Fist. This was not one of them.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:

In the Green Lantern movie, Greg Berlanti (writer) had this great idea for Hal and Carol's relationship; that her death, and tear from her face, hits the ring and reignites Hal's resolve, and re-powers the ring. This was the ooomph he needed to fight Sinestro. Because Sinestro, not giant space spaghetti monster, was his villain.

Nope. Board intervention meant they needed a "shock and awe" sort of baddie instead of truly good writing and proven character development. Ergo, the movie was wrestled from his hands, and his name is tarnished because of it.

What's that got to do with Cho? This character design reeks of Top Brass intervention. You can really feel, when playing a character, when a hand was forced. Casey and Will can design great characters. Example: Iron Fist. This was not one of them.

You're suggesting that marvel forced demiurge to design a bad character because . . . reasons? Is chi a big enough character that marvel really wants to push him?

Also, just because demiurge can design good characters doesn't mean that they CAN'T design bad ones. There are about 100 characters in the game in total and not all of them are great, or even good. Is marvel responsible for all of the bad ones?!
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Vhailorx wrote:
    ronin-san wrote:

You're suggesting that marvel forced demiurge to design a bad character because . . . reasons? Is chi a big enough character that marvel really wants to push him?

Also, just because demiurge can design good characters doesn't mean that they CAN'T design bad ones. There are about 100 characters in the game in total and not all of them are great, or even good. Is marvel responsible for all of the bad ones?!

He's saying they were forced into implementing him into the game and the end result is he sucks. I feel the same way he does. He sucks on purpose because they didn't want him at all but had to anyway, so this is their way of rebelling.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    The only thing that bothers me is I want to like him.

Every ounce of my being wants to max him out 5/5/3 and use him as a blue and green battery for some big hitter.

But I just can't.
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Cho, in this game, is so bad on so many levels, that it bleeds over to other games. The art, the abilities, the feeling of being robbed when you open that token pack, the mental image of Cho bouncing around the starting screen for 2 months....has so negatively influenced me against this character, that I dislike him in other, non-MPQ setting as well. Which is sort of irrational I know. a "sucks by association" deal I suppose.

And I am sure that Marvel hopes that introducing characters in this game will broaden their appeal, reach a wider audience for their books. In this case, it "Totally" shut me down to the point that I will now actively avoid the character in general, if at all possible. Well done.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    This is just an update that I'm sitting at a 12/13 Cho (5/2/5) at level 74. Because he sucks that bad!! Seriously, someone needs to fix him.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    At max level he does roughly 10k damage with his green when having 30 blue ap... Geez, when you gonna even save 30 blue ap?? And his hot dog stand unless you eliminate blues, is totally useless. Only way I see this character have some value is destroying troublesome tiles with mastermind excello but even for that he needs 12 green! Well there could be some synergy with Hood collecting green and his black reducing timer on his blue, but still pretty much useless...
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    mckauhu wrote:
    At max level he does roughly 10k damage with his green when having 30 blue ap... Geez, when you gonna even save 30 blue ap?? And his hot dog stand unless you eliminate blues, is totally useless. Only way I see this character have some value is destroying troublesome tiles with mastermind excello but even for that he needs 12 green! Well there could be some synergy with Hood collecting green and his black reducing timer on his blue, but still pretty much useless...

Only way this character would have value is if they deleted him from the game so he doesn't corrupt our precious LT openings with his vile presence.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    For the first time in a looong time I pulled 4* from Heroics token...

And what I got?
    Garbage Hulk's Hot Dog Stand icon_evil.gif

Now at 3/0/3
    Six, SIX! 4* WASTED on this TinYkiTTy
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    an1979 wrote:
    For the first time in a looong time I pulled 4* from Heroics token...
    And what I got?
    Garbage Hulk's Hot Dog Stand icon_evil.gif
    Now at 3/0/3
    Six, SIX! 4* WASTED on this TinYkiTTy

I feel ya.
    Day: 1,014
    Cho: 1/4/2
    4-star Cyclops: 1/1/0

That would be mildly amusing if this turned into a remorse/support-group thread only to lament when a Cho was pulled. Sadly, that might make the devs see how popular the thread was, and assume we liked the character.
  • Changing his blueflag.png power to a passive one (where the countdown tile would place it self like Switch's) would make this character more tolerable.