**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

17891012

Comments

  • DJSquiggyDJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    fmftint wrote:
    DJSquiggy wrote:

    by the Thor\Hammer logic, someone should really look into why all the captain americas can be on the same team when they all use the same shield.
    I'm the case of Captain Americas the shield doesn't make the man, the source of their powers, plus they can pass it around to each other

    well, i always have a nice chuckle when 3* cap could throw a shield for blue to stun, then for red to damage, then they both return a few turns later. sometimes it doesnt have to make sense i guess.
  • CrowlCrowl Posts: 1,507 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Now I'm curious why Peter Parker and Miles Morales are different but Bruce Banner and Amadeus Cho are the same...

    They exist independently, whereas TA Hulk only exists when proper Hulk doesn't.
  • Koorogi_859Koorogi_859 Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Who would've thought that Cho would be so clutch in Boss Rush? I can't help laughing as he delivers the final punch, remembering that I was NEVER going to level him past 166.

    The only team working for me in this event is Kingpin (5/3/5), Rulk (5/3/5), and Chulk (5/5/3)
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rulk (5/3/5)
    5/3/5??
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Rulk (5/3/5)
    5/3/5??
    Because he's using the board shake from red, not the AOE from green. I swap out Rulk with Blueclops, since Combined Forces provides an additional nuke and Yellow countdown builds Green. Run Kingpin 5/5/3 to maximize AP destruction and Yellow production, then take advantage of Kingpin's "Armature Proctology Exam" for bursting down.
  • hopper1979hopper1979 Posts: 561 Critical Contributor
    Chuk is quickly becoming one of my favorite 4-stars, I used him a ton this anniversary event, still sitting at lvl 250 waiting on one more black or blue to fall. He works great with Flaptan the blue match and countdown reduction works beautifully together and once you get enough green or red the damage output is very high. I have been paring with a 360 OML which tanks everything but blue and green (those go to chulk). No blue use but that has not been a major issue since it optimizes CHulks green. Still trying to decide once championed if 5/5/3 or 5/4/4 will be the way to go. Even though it is not a great heal, with Chulk not tanking everything it more useful. I am leaning towards the 5/5/3 with this group because of the extra damage from his blue but if I used 4-thor (who is another great partner) I think 5/4/4 or even 5/3/5 would be better. If I can get him championed I will let you guys know but he has definitely become a great utility character, probably better for pve but when boosted he is a solid pvp character now.
  • MitchjewitzMitchjewitz Age Unconfirmed Posts: 84 Match Maker
    I do have him champed and have been using him too during the anniversary. I originally champed him because I had 7 extra covers so I thought I would regret it. Turns out I actually love him!

    First he can be a great battery for Iceman, Quake, Rulk, and BSSM when switched to 3/5/5
    Second he can be teamed with Thora, Blackbolt, and SS when switched to 5/3/5
    Third he can be teamed with Falcap, KP, and GG when switched to 5/5/3
    If he is by himself (and when boosted) I like 5/5/3. His Green has great board shake/control
    and can do 18k+ Damage. His blue does almost 4k damage everytime it goes off.

    During the boss battle, I was able to beat round 8 a few times (and finish progression) with Cho 5/3/5, MoStorm 5/5/3, KK 5/5/3. There is no anger to get going (3* hulk) but it is better and faster to keep going. His black keeps plenty of charge tiles on the board for storm to consume. Once you have 23+ green ap, Punch the boss with Cho once and then switch back to Storm green.
  • dokiydokiy Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    As someone who bashed TA Hulk in his previous form, I gotta say, I really like his update. I find I'm using him a lot of the time. His green isn't that hard to get off and it does good damage. Boosted he's a beast. Good job D3
  • SidlonSidlon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Can we update Cho with the new changes please?

    Since IceIX is gone, I think we'll need a new thread for the new, clearly improved Cho.

    Anyone feel up to it?
  • Cousin SimpsonCousin Simpson Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cho's a top 10 4* now, right? Because I'm stockpiling CP to get him to 13 covers to max/champ him with another cover in my queue.
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cho's a top 10 4* now, right? Because I'm stockpiling CP to get him to 13 covers to max/champ him with another cover in my queue.

    No, I don't think he's top 10.

    but he is in the solid second tier. I would say a bit better than Thing/Carnage and not as good as Xpool/X23/Quake/Kate.

    No where near the current top tier (Cyc, IMHB, JG, Rulk, Ice, Peggy, Nova, PunMax)
  • DaveR4470DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:

    but he is in the solid second tier. I would say a bit better than Thing/Carnage and not as good as Xpool/X23/Quake/Kate.

    No where near the current top tier (Cyc, IMHB, JG, Rulk, Ice, Peggy, Nova, PunMax)

    I rate him a little bit higher (although probably still in the 2nd tier) because I've found he's more useful when under-covered than most 4*s. Which is a big plus in a slow-cover-acquisition 4* world with approximately 129 4* characters* for tokens to draw from.

    *Number may not be accurate.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I hear there's poll results coming out soon, so I expect we'll find out icon_e_smile.gif
  • dokiydokiy Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    As someone who got a lot of Cho covers early (go back and look at my hate), he now fills a very nice role on my roster. I don't have PunMax at a good level yet, so green/black/blue falls to Cho. I wish his blue created more green tiles, but the free damage is ok. Boosted he's a beast. His green hits for nearly 18k, blue (when it goes off) hits for 3k, and black is eh whatever. Pairs well with Thoress for charged tiles.

    All and all, I like him. Good character
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    dokiy wrote:
    As someone who got a lot of Cho covers early (go back and look at my hate), he now fills a very nice role on my roster. I don't have PunMax at a good level yet, so green/black/blue falls to Cho. I wish his blue created more green tiles, but the free damage is ok. Boosted he's a beast. His green hits for nearly 18k, blue (when it goes off) hits for 3k, and black is eh whatever. Pairs well with Thoress for charged tiles.

    All and all, I like him. Good character

    So you run him 5/5/3? With what teammates? Seems like most go 5/3/5 and run him with thor to leverage the cheap charged tiles.

    Not at all suggesting that you are wrong, just trying to gather mire information about his capabilities.
  • dokiydokiy Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx wrote:
    dokiy wrote:
    As someone who got a lot of Cho covers early (go back and look at my hate), he now fills a very nice role on my roster. I don't have PunMax at a good level yet, so green/black/blue falls to Cho. I wish his blue created more green tiles, but the free damage is ok. Boosted he's a beast. His green hits for nearly 18k, blue (when it goes off) hits for 3k, and black is eh whatever. Pairs well with Thoress for charged tiles.

    All and all, I like him. Good character

    So you run him 5/5/3? With what teammates? Seems like most go 5/3/5 and run him with thor to leverage the cheap charged tiles.

    Not at all suggesting that you are wrong, just trying to gather mire information about his capabilities.

    Yeah typically 5/5/3. Any 4 star red/blue/yellow user (I've got Cyclops and Thoress champed) and IM40. Very easy to get going and with Recharge his green always hits because of extra blue. I leave him 5/5/3 when I use him with Thoress because I'm not going to bother collecting black if I don't need to. I might be wrong on that, but it works for me.

    I've also tried him with Miles and Pro X. Not as good but does work alright. All that blue goes to waste though.

    My Nova is undercovered, but he works well too. Cheap strike tiles and all of a sudden Chos blue hits for more damage when it goes off.

    All in all, im happy I had 13 covers shortly after his rework.
  • MitchjewitzMitchjewitz Age Unconfirmed Posts: 84 Match Maker
    5 in blue helps against characters that benefit from the enemy using powers. I like using 5 blue to whittle down Peggy's health while I collect other ap. I also use it for Strange and Starlord for similar reasons. It just depends.

    One of my favorite SIM teams right now is Rulk 3/5/5, Chulk 3/5/5, and Peggy 5/3/5. I use Chulk and Rulk as meat shields for Peggy (who only tanks yellow which I don't need.) Chulk feeds green to Rulk and blue to Peggy.
  • SidlonSidlon Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    I really like Cho paired with xDP/xfW for most PVE nodes - 3 self-healing damage dealers. None actively use blue, so Cho's green gets armed quickly.

    For that I tend to go 5/3/5, though against goons the 5-blue can be nice for that automatic 1874 targeted damage every few turns.

    FYI - since this thread's OP can't easily be updated, the real ability info can be found at the wiki
  • sambrookjmsambrookjm Posts: 1,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write before the buffs: I was using Invisible Woman in a PvP vs Totally Awesome Hulk. icon_e_smile.gif

    I was able to lock up Hulk's countdown tile with Invisible Woman's blue ability, fully expecting one to reappear, but none did. Is this a bug, or do passive countdown tiles not reappear if they're locked up? I've had passive protect and attack tiles reappear, but this was the first passive countdown I've locked up.
  • sinnerjflsinnerjfl Posts: 1,134 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Here's a sentence I never thought I'd write before the buffs: I was using Invisible Woman in a PvP vs Totally Awesome Hulk. icon_e_smile.gif

    I was able to lock up Hulk's countdown tile with Invisible Woman's blue ability, fully expecting one to reappear, but none did. Is this a bug, or do passive countdown tiles not reappear if they're locked up? I've had passive protect and attack tiles reappear, but this was the first passive countdown I've locked up.

    This is probably a bug, locking a special tile renders it "inactive".

    His blue states if there's not a blue CD tile, create one. Game is propably considering there his one of his CD's on the board still.


    Wonder what happens if you lock Scarlet's Witch CD tile.
Sign In or Register to comment.