*** Daredevil (Man Without Fear) ***

Comments

• There's no point to worry about balancing the game against minions. They're not present in PvP and rarely the important part in PvE (except for Heroic Oscorp). Patch completely destroys minions since minions can't take advantage of Berserker Rage, but I doubt you'll see Patch nerfed because he's too effective on minions. He might be nerfed for some other reason but I can guaranteed you it's not because he can slice up level 230 minions too easily. The minor effects on the traps are just that: minor.
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Are abilities such as Daken's passive suppose to remove traps? Usually this sort of abilities don't affect a transformed tile. Trap are hidden however and could be treated specially mmm.
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    GEFPenst wrote:
    New addition:
    829088bd-7b46-43ae-9e12-1d084121b7a5.png
    image thanks to Coolbond

Daredevil (Man without fear) - rare character

11 AP - Radar sense

Creates an Environment Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, steals 2 AP from all colors. If you match the tile, it steals 1 purple AP and changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Level 2: Steals 3 AP on enemy match.
    Level 3: Steals 4 AP on enemy match.
    Level 4: Steals 5 AP on enemy match.

7 AP - Equalizer

Creates a Blue Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, stuns for 2 turns. If you match the tile, it generates 1 blue AP and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Level 2: Stuns for 3 turns.
    Level 3: Stuns for 4 turns.
    Level 4: Stuns for 5 turns.

7 AP - Ambush

Creates a Red Trap tile that, when matched by an enemy, deals 473 damage. If you match the tile, enemy takes 24 damage and it changes locations. Enemies cannot see the tile.
    Level 2: 662 damage on enemy match.
    Level 3: # damage on enemy match.
    Level 4: # damage on enemy match.
    Level 5: # damage on enemy match.

Max Level: Enemy match deals 7712 damage / Player match deals 148 damage to enemy

Power: Purple, Blue, Red.

Sounds like great defensive character for PvE - hard to destroy traps with nasty effects. Also, new mechanic is always good in my book. Your thoughts?

Additional info on traps:
    - match-4 and match-5 activate traps
    - overwrite abilities like Daken's Stroke or Venom's Web overwrite traps, thus disarming them
    - Moonstone' relocation ability doesn't affect traps
    - destruction abilities like Storm' Lightning disarm traps

Not sure if this was stated but for purple at level 5 he steal 6 AP on enemy match
  • Yeah, gonna add L5 in moment - saw team with L100 DD and only 2 colors. And XF Wolv on L100. Skipped him after checking abilities.
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    Thanks a lot!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    I feel like if DD's red trap did slightly less damage, he'd be pretty much perfectly in line with the ** characters =/
    and not even in the top there, either
  • If DD's traps getting overridden is a bug, then we should talk about tuning him after they fix it. For now he is kinda useless to me as there are a lot of ways to disable his traps. I think he would be fine if his traps worked no matter what. Examples, Daken puts a strike tile on the trap, trap activates. Modern Storm Hailstorms on trap, it activates. Trap got caught in a cascade/4-5 match, it activates and so on.
  • Can someone tell me there thoughts on a best build for him please
  • Rarre28 wrote:
    Can someone tell me there thoughts on a best build for him please
    x/x/5. Red is his only ability that really needs levelling.
  • I'd probably put 5r 5p because a stun loses its usefulness when it is reactive. Sure stealing 6 AP of all colors sounds like overkill, but overkill is good.
  • turul wrote:
    I think his abilities are just fine, except for overwrite "bug".

If his trap can't be overwritten, this allows you actually see where they are. You'd quickly notice how come there's one red tile that never turns to strike tile. If you make it such that a tile can be both overwritten and still a trap (so a red strike tile that's still a trap), then how do you actually get rid of the trap? Hit Lightning Storm and just hope it happens to hit the right one? There has to be some way to deal with his traps in a relatively consistent manner instead of 'hope tile destruction ability hits the right tile'.

I think it works out well since the guys who can overwrite his red tends to be relatively weak.
  • There is more than lightning storm that can get rid of trap tiles. If you can see where they are, that is your advantage. Black Widow (Grey Suit), Magneto (Classic), The Hood, Capt. America, and Haweye (classic) can pinpoint tile destruct or conversion. I think if Loki could take control of traps, that would make sense, but it's not current. Or you use other characters that can destroy tiles, of which there are a lot, and strategically avoid that tile in the mean time, kinda like when you notice a land mine and don't touch it.

Note: I don't regularly find landmines. In fact, I never have. However, if I did, I don't think I would touch it.
  • I forgot to add that this would expose another flaw in the AI, but I think that's fine.
  • Yeah, much like a lot of other characters (Hulk black, Spider Man blue, Ares yellow, etc.), as long as you go 5r the differences in the others are pretty minor. I'd probably prefer to go 5/3/5 personally, but I wouldn't mind going 4/4/5 if that's how the covers happened to fall.
  • A big way to improve this character is to let the user choose where to place the traps. Then it becomes more strategic trying to predict where the AI will go next. There's still a large random factor that keeps this from being overpowered (i.e. there's no guarantee that the AI will pick that guaranteed match or if the AI chooses a different match that shifts your trap to no-man's land). This is better than having no placement control and then feeling gipped that it's placed in no-man's land right off the bat.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    A big way to improve this character is to let the user choose where to place the traps. Then it becomes more strategic trying to predict where the AI will go next. There's still a large random factor that keeps this from being overpowered (i.e. there's no guarantee that the AI will pick that guaranteed match or if the AI chooses a different match that shifts your trap to no-man's land). This is better than having no placement control and then feeling gipped that it's placed in no-man's land right off the bat.
    I thought that to but if they did it that way red would have to be seriously nerfed
  • Thanks for the layout suggestions i think i'm gonna do 4/4/5. I already have 5 blues but I've only used 3 so far. Kind of pointless to stun 6 times when I've got spidey
  • Phantron wrote:
    turul wrote:
    I think his abilities are just fine, except for overwrite "bug".

If his trap can't be overwritten, this allows you actually see where they are. You'd quickly notice how come there's one red tile that never turns to strike tile. If you make it such that a tile can be both overwritten and still a trap (so a red strike tile that's still a trap), then how do you actually get rid of the trap? Hit Lightning Storm and just hope it happens to hit the right one? There has to be some way to deal with his traps in a relatively consistent manner instead of 'hope tile destruction ability hits the right tile'.

I think it works out well since the guys who can overwrite his red tends to be relatively weak.
    I didn't play with DD but friends who played with him told me his traps are useless because they are consistently overwritten by something or blown up by 4-5 matches and you end up using your AP for nothing and feel like an idiot.
  • KevinMark wrote:
    or blown up by 4-5 matches

Unless something changed in the last few days that isn't possible.