**** Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we really thinking about using Venom (EB) in PvE? I mean, Bullseye is annoying but when he's paired with Gargan, good luck with that idea. If you're going to use Venom (EB), odds are you are going to be using him in PvP. New PvEs down the line, Eddie will most likely be replacing Gargan.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those people are very, very wrong. Much better suggestions have been made in this thread.
    Believe me, I'm skeptical too, but I don't recall the other suggestions...
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Those people are very, very wrong. Much better suggestions have been made in this thread.
    Believe me, I'm skeptical too, but I don't recall the other suggestions...

They are good. Although they are not meant for climbing, but the do have synergy.

They are a PvP shield hopping team pure and plain.

If you boost all. You need 1 red match, 2 yellow and 1 green to go off.

assuming 5/3/5 Venom you will take 18 extra damage per Carnage attack tile.

Scythes---4903 / 1808 damage.

followed by lethal Protector that drops 6569. You now have 6 enemy special tiles out to go off with Symbiotic Fury and do another 3316 and blow up 6 tiles. So essentially on your 5th turn you have done

14788 single target damage and 1808 AoE. All for the cost of 23 AP. Now IMHB can do that with 23 red AP assuming an Overdrive boost. That requires 3 black and 3 red matches assuming you fully boosted. Venom/Carnage do that in 2/3rd of the time and it's not 2 colors which can be harder to get. They are quick and you can reload very quickly to take out another target. That is the biggest advantage they have. As for just a few matches you are ripping them for more damage. Then you are done.

That's how they are good. The whole key is how Scythes into Lethal which genereates 4 special tiles (2 attack and 2 protect) gets the green to go off at 7AP on turn 5 if done right.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This guy benefits a lot from the champion system. Now you can go 5/3/5 when attack tiles are not an issue, and 3/5/5 when they are.
  • So as I'm working on my 4* transition, i have two green venom covers. Are they worth keeping? I'm getting very mixed opinions on him. Keeping in mind, I'm more pvp oriented, I just don't know if i should roster him or not.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nomadhero wrote:
    So as I'm working on my 4* transition, i have two green venom covers. Are they worth keeping? I'm getting very mixed opinions on him. Keeping in mind, I'm more pvp oriented, I just don't know if i should roster him or not.
    If you have the HP for a roster spot, there's no harm in hanging on to him. You never know when he'll be a PvE essential.
    Personally, I like him quite a bit as yellow attacks are rare (Thor... Cage... And then pretty much no one...), but you don't need to put any ISO into him if you don't like him...
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Venom (Eddie Brock) icon_venom.png
    **Updates have been made, see underlined stats below for what has changed.**
    When were the updates made, and what were the numbers before the update?
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    Melevorn wrote:
    When were the updates made, and what were the numbers before the update?
    Around a week after Venom was released. Before the update, there was more self damage from Give or Take ( blackflag.png ). Even at 5 covers, the enemy attack tiles would be strengthened.

Here's a link to the wiki page (from earlier in this thread)
    Thanks for the quick answer! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Is there a poll on this character in the forums here? It'd be helpful to have given how divided opinions are.
  • simonsez
    Is there a poll on this character in the forums here? It'd be helpful to have given how divided opinions are.
    Divided in terms of build or usefulness? As far as build, I don't think there's a strong argument for anything other than 5/3/5 as the primary build.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Divided in terms of build or usefulness? As far as build, I don't think there's a strong argument for anything other than 5/3/5 as the primary build.

I made the mistake of champing him. Save your Iso. But if you already did then 5/3/5 is the way to go.
  • simonsez
    Thanos wrote:
    I made the mistake of champing him. Save your Iso.
    There are worse ways to spend ISO. He's not bad in PvE, when Daken and Bullseye make his green really cheap. I used him a lot during his buff week because the other buffed 4*s all had redundant colors.
  • naps8906
    naps8906 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    He's a 4*?? Worse than the 1* Venom
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Pairing Eddie with Kingpin and 4*Cyclops is quite powerful. Rainbow colour coverage. Eddie's yellow accelerated by Kingpin's purple makes him more playable in PVP.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    maximumboo wrote:
    Pairing Eddie with Kingpin and 4*Cyclops is quite powerful. Rainbow colour coverage. Eddie's yellow accelerated by Kingpin's purple makes him more playable in PVP.
    That's a bizarre team.
    Using Venom's yellow over Cyke's OR KP's makes sure you never have a CD tile to pop with KP's black - which is the whole point of bringing Kingpin in the first place.
  • maximumboo
    maximumboo Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    On paper kingpin's black and yellow combo damage outrights Eddie's yellow, but kingpin's combo is slow and always ineffective. Who can guarantee kingpin combo can be fully fired off after 3 rounds?

Firing Kingpin or Eddie's yellow depends on situation. If one happens to collect many yellow and black on hand, kingpin might be better. If resources are scare and enemy are soon to fire off power, then Eddie's yellow is a good choice.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Venom KP combo is really good especially while venom is boosted. As for KP's black, I use it more as a finishing move for chars with a little bit of health left. Kinda like gamora's red. Fair damage on the cheap. So killshot with venom yellow, devastating damage with green and finish them off with black.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Now that they are doing buffs to characters I really hope they look at venom namely his black. I mean you can argue all day that lowering defense tiles is good but in the end I'd rather just use 3* bullseye or captain marvel to just take them out.

Green feels a little weak (maybe x base tiles + y opposing tiles idk) and yellow is fine.

Also that being said he pairs okay with bullseye to use yellow followed by purple.

Also I might be I'm the minority but I really hope they change his passive to be like web tiles are considered to be enemy tiles activate add some web tiles. That way it has synergy with his green and also with miles and gwen (so we get more coverage on a web team without adding another spider person to the game)
  • simonsez
    Tromb2ch2 wrote:
    Now that they are doing buffs to characters I really hope they look at venom namely his black. I mean you can argue all day that lowering defense tiles is good but in the end I'd rather just use 3* bullseye or captain marvel to just take them out.
    Actually, with a character like the new Cage, Venom's black actually makes a little more sense now...
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    Actually, with a character like the new Cage, Venom's black actually makes a little more sense now...
    I mean sure but I'd rather use like loki and steal all those tiles or save up red for captain marvel to get rid of all of them then follow it up. Or stun him or wait to one shot him.

I think optimally I would go for 5/5/3 vs him but having the protect -60% doesnt really help to much. And my lvl 273 venom will only do 3380 with his green (plus tile destruction) which is just meh.

Venom is my only champed 4* and he was great when he is boosted, I just feel he is easy to pass over when he isn't.