Crash: X23 vs Elektra

Options
fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Last week Red Hulk fought a 222 Hulk, this week a equally new X23 fights a 270 Elektra... Thanks for consistency

Comments

• Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 0/2/2 x23 hasn't gotten her below half health yet. Elektra's red and black are pretty much game over moves when used, and too cheap to deny with the paltry damage I'm doing.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At least X23 can hold her own if decently covered.

Beat her 2nd try with a 2/4/5 spec. Her first purple helps feed X23 purple and the healing is great since X23 is tanking everything.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Back to 270 eh?

Here, take one of our newest characters that you'll have the least covers of. Nope, no gate-way match for you to try to -improve- that character...against a 270 so -if you paid a bunch for lots of covers of this character- you can get a chance to get....another IW!

Merry Christmas!

Not even trying with my one-cover X23.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 1/1/4 soft-capped at 135 won on the seventh try. Brutal fight if you don't have enough red covers to blunt the impact of Ballet of Death and Shadow Step -- if she gets 8 red or 10 black, the fight is over 90% of the time. I won thanks to the other 10% - a lucky-as-hell cascade that got rid of the trap tiles from both powers after only a few SS hits, and left the board starved for black and red so I could focus on gathering green for Berserker Fury. That and one Tracking Prey match did her in.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 0/2/2 can't do it. Burnt through a load of health packs and boosts. Got close once but she dropped a ballet of death on the one red tile I could get to (and I matched the other nine) - how convenient
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My X-23 is 1/2/2 and softcapped at level 111, can't even dent Elektra.
    Going to try to reach the season tenpack today, I'll need at least one more cover to pull it off.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Screw this. Logic and reasonable thinking clearly evade everyone at d3.

Keep your sale. This wallet will not opening to support such cheap and awful devs
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 2/3/5 x-23 won at the 7th try. At first I thought, "Elektra at 270, who cares it is Elektra it is going to be easy...", JA! I was a fool. If I had green at 5 it would have been different but with my covers It wasn't easy at all until I leveled my x-23 to 161 (which I didn't want to do at first).

As someone said, the problem is that ballet and shadow are quite cheap and AI always has these fantastic cascades that lets it reach those levels of AP without problems. Then of course, when I cast purple my tile is overwritten easily but Elektra's red trap is unmatchable! I couldn't match her trap any of the seven times she casted the power, incredible. Luck is not strong in my family icon_razz.gif

PS: I have been defeated just once, with FalCap, next week my 0/2/0 GR (probably 0/2/1 at the time) will probably lose against another 270 enemy like IMHB or Carnage icon_razz.gif
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0/1/3 level 111 5.2k health ish.

Tried twice, wont try again.

Tried once with extra damage and extra purple

Tried once with extra damage and extra, extra purple

Basically if she gets her red down its game over. Too little health. I would need the luck of the gods to cascade enough purple to lay down the traps which will actually hit ok but there are way too many ifs.

Slightly deflated after my genuine surprise of completing red hulk last week. But im now about 1/6 or 7 of the recent ledge nodes. Looking at the Gamependium website looks like ive only got a few more fails to go before it swings back around and ive got a chance again.

Good luck everyone else and merry Christmas.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I was very very lucky to beat Elektra with my level 94 1/1/2 X23.

It took me 11 health packs (got 10 from taco) and 500 hp (tried using all dmg boosts but I gave up using those towards the end).

Managed to deny red and black. And I got 6 match 5 in the match.

Edit: forgot to add that I managed to fire X23 purple ability twice, and match it TWICE. The dmg (2k dmg) and the strike tile was the key to my win.

Very proud to have win it with my lowest levelled 4*'
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    Options
    3rd try, with my 0/2/3, lvl 127. Boost purple, black damage, +2 P/U AP

First two I had no prayer, she kept finding black.

The third got an absolutely insanely lucky starting board, little red/black, and when it fell later, I was able to get it. She finished with 6 red and 8 black.

She got her purple out (by design to lower cost of the trap), she matched for 3.5k. Cleared the garbage strike tiles so when she got the purple again it didn't hurt. Able to get another trap out later that I matched for the strike tile to finish it.

Proud to have beaten it. Elektra might be a joke overall, but making her a 270 opponent against a new character 1v1 is high hilarity.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tried one time with my 1 purple covered x23. Horrible joke. Once Elektra got Shadow step off, i had less health than I would lose from matching. It is somehow more demeaning to cause your own loss than if you get hit by a big move. Not trying again, but at least I never expected to win.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    2/3/3 soft capped at 140 took me less than 5 tries.

I saved up 24 green and 18 purple, let Elektra give me some strike tiles with her purple, then fired all my green and 3 trap tiles.

I think you have to deny black, but I'm not convinced that red is as bad as it would seem. If the board is full of red matches her trap tile can be matched away. I had more success when I focused more on denying only black, and generating green/purple AP for myself than trying to deny both red and black. YMMV
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3rd try, with my 0/2/3, lvl 127. Boost purple, black damage, +2 P/U AP

First two I had no prayer, she kept finding black.

The third got an absolutely insanely lucky starting board, little red/black, and when it fell later, I was able to get it. She finished with 6 red and 8 black.

She got her purple out (by design to lower cost of the trap), she matched for 3.5k. Cleared the garbage strike tiles so when she got the purple again it didn't hurt. Able to get another trap out later that I matched for the strike tile to finish it.

Proud to have beaten it. Elektra might be a joke overall, but making her a 270 opponent against a new character 1v1 is high hilarity.
    I got her down to 200 health with this Same X-23 covers. You really have to deny rd and black to have a prayer with the low level X-23
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    4 tries, 0/3/2, lvl 127, +2b/p +100% match, +50% b/p match

Pretty lucky board, survived 2 ballets, landed 1 purple. Otherwise mostly match damage. Healing only thing that kept me in it.

Deny black and red, in that order. Try to keep the double cross tiles until she has enough to cast again then clear if possible.

4Clops reward.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    I'm not sure I understand elektra's powers. I was doing well and hit a monster cascade, which seemed to wipe out her trap tiles as she started taking damage from me again. 2 turns later, I use a Beserker fury and it hits her but also me for all of my 3300 remaining health...what???
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I won on the 6th attempt with a soft capped 1/2/3 X23. Needs some luck along with the color denial but it was doable obviously. Easy compared to Reed Richards icon_e_wink.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:
    I'm not sure I understand elektra's powers. I was doing well and hit a monster cascade, which seemed to wipe out her trap tiles as she started taking damage from me again. 2 turns later, I use a Beserker fury and it hits her but also me for all of my 3300 remaining health...what???
    Her black creates trap tiles that negate damage to her and in turn deal damage to you
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Her black creates trap tiles that negate damage to her and in turn deal damage to you

Sounds like the traps were gone if you were dealing damage again, perhaps her (hidden, red) ballet was out, which deals damage every turn, boosted by the BR strikes?
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    Xenoberyll wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:

Sounds like the traps were gone if you were dealing damage again, perhaps her (hidden, red) ballet was out, which deals damage every turn, boosted by the BR strikes?

Yeah maybe. I swear it happened instantly when I used Beserker rage but maybe it was a ballet on the next turn. Who knows, all I know is I'm out of health packs! 1/1/3 was always going to be a stretch