Crash: X23 vs Elektra

Options
13»

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    When you see how many minimally-covered X23s are beating a 5/5/5 maxed 4* that has an appropriate counter-move, you realize just how incredibly awful Elektra is.

Well the AI is dumb. If I were playing Elektra I would hang onto my purple tile there was a chance of overwriting your traps or stealing a real powerful tile. Her purple counters both of X23s key damage generation methods. On the other hand it empowers X23s purple ability if fired randomly.

Same with shadow step, use it when your opponent gets a trap on the board, not just when charged.

The AI plays Thor well because most of the abilities are unsophisticated. Whereas Elektra is designed to require timing, and the AI has the timing of a fart in a crowded elevator.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 131 1/3/2 managed it 6th try. I think the X-23 red I got out of the taco vault just before trying definitely helped.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Managed with a 1/2/3 X-23, but it probably took almost 20 tries, never had a very good board and Elektra kept getting lucky cascades when she's almost down

And of course Elektra had one last trick up her sleeve, pulled my 8th Carnage green with the token. Well, at least I can say I defeated her icon_lol.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kitty. You. D3.

That is all.
  • motownjunkie
    motownjunkie Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Tried many times with my 0/1/3 X23 - finally managed it this morning after getting a board relatively clear of black and red. Got my fourth purpleflag.pngicon_antman.png from the legendary icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Cortez
    Cortez Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    CPU got 20 red and black before i had the chance to fire off my purple. Nice to see when Elektra makes a simple match and 5 red fall in a perfect spot. No, but thanks. Keep your LT to yourself....
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IlDuderino wrote:
    My 0/2/2 can't do it. Burnt through a load of health packs and boosts. Got close once but she dropped a ballet of death on the one red tile I could get to (and I matched the other nine) - how convenient

Mine's 0/1/3 and I did really well on the second try, but she slapped her black down and that was pretty much it. Never really got close again and after 7 tries I gave up.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got close a few times with my 0/1/3 but almost every board was horrible.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took me 4 tries at 0/1/4, the last 2 had max boost. It needs a lot of luck, because you're doomed if she gets black or red off. I got a couple lucky cascades in the beginning to get a purple off, then played slow denial to the end.

I hope the GR, Chulk, and Miles DDQ aren't like this, though I at least have some covers on Chulk...