Crash: X23 vs Elektra

Options

Comments

• SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:

Yeah maybe. I swear it happened instantly when I used Beserker rage but maybe it was a ballet on the next turn. Who knows, all I know is I'm out of health packs! 1/1/3 was always going to be a stretch
    Ballet 1247 dmg, you are sure there no strike tiles etc? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • BigBZ32
    BigBZ32 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Completed after only 3 tries with my lvl 94 1/1/2 X23. I used +2 purpletile.png AP, +2 greentile.png AP, and 100% all dmg boosts.Like always when winning with someone this low on covers and levels I got a lucky board. Was able to deny black and red most of fight. She matched my trap once. She did get off a Ballet of Death and a Double-Double Cross off, but I only needed two more moves to down her.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you see how many minimally-covered X23s are beating a 5/5/5 maxed 4* that has an appropriate counter-move, you realize just how incredibly awful Elektra is.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally beat her with 0,2,3 X-23 and got a shiny Star Lord Purple to throw away.
    "This is not the droid I was looking for"
  • wymtime
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    When you see how many minimally-covered X23s are beating a 5/5/5 maxed 4* that has an appropriate counter-move, you realize just how incredibly awful Elektra is.
    I think you are underestimating the help true healing has in this battle. With 2 red covers at level 127 X-23 can heal 372 health with a match. This really takes away a lot of match damage.
    Also with Electra she does have a great counter move but the AI plays her purple poorly and is willing to give the player strike tiles. If Electra gets her red out it is game over. If you don't match R,G,P when shadow step is out it is game over. You deny red and black and you can basically match damage Electra out.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had a wonky loss. Shadow Step only manifests on Black tiles, right? I had over 2000 health and triggered a 5 match when there were only 3 black tiles on the board, 2 of which had my strike tiles. Somehow that killed me?
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,506 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got it fourth try with a 1/1/3 X-23, soft capped. You need luck and to be able to hit her with your best skill (purple in my case) at least once or twice.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Points to remember.

Your regeneration makes this a war of attrition that you can win.

Your strike tiles will overwrite her trap tiles, so even though you lose the front loaded damage, you can significantly reduce your incoming damage. I'm assuming you don't have 4 or more green so the damage loss is minimal. As a bonus you also get any cascade potential of blowing up the tile.

Her purple makes your purple much cheaper. Try to encourage her in that direction once you have purple banked.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yep, pretty doable. 1/2/2 level 111, got it on the third or fourth try. Decent luck, but also just making sure to sequence moves correctly and really leaning on the healing. Good luck everyone who still has it left!
  • simonsez
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I think you are underestimating the help true healing has in this battle.
    I'm not underestimating. I'm just saying that if a lv100 character with 2 covers worth of heal can beat a 5/5/5 maxed 4*, that 4* is awful. Unless you're implying that because of her healing, she could've beaten most any 5/5/5 4*. But I'd be pretty skeptical of that, since most would have a move that could one-shot her.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Had her down to about 3000 and was one move away from matching my tile before she then double crosses to wipe my tile and then me in about 3 turns. So annoying, but definitely doable
  • wymtime
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    I think you are underestimating the help true healing has in this battle.
    I'm not underestimating. I'm just saying that if a lv100 character with 2 covers worth of heal can beat a 5/5/5 maxed 4*, that 4* is awful. Unless you're implying that because of her healing, she could've beaten most any 5/5/5 4*. But I'd be pretty skeptical of that, since most would have a move that could one-shot her.
    I think the difference is the AI plays Electra awful. X-23 at lower levels can survive match damage and that makes a huge difference. Look at IW and Profesor X with invisabilty tiles out players were able to win off of match damage. Without the true heal capabilities low level X-23 would get killed by match damage alone. With her heal she can match G,R,P and survive shadow step. Electra is not great, but she is not horrible. Her red can do some serious damage, and her purple is situational, but situationally good, and her black can save a for you. Is she for PVP play, no. Is she strong in PVE? Potential depending on the match up. I will take her over StarLord or IW, or DD, or Mr F.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    2/1/2 lvl 111, got it on my 7th try. It's definitely a match that can be won with a lower lvl X23, but the board has to comply somewhat.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All you guys with low covered x-23s are making me feel like the worst player in the world.
    I have no idea how you all did it, but in 17+ tries I came close ONCE with my 1/2/2 level 111.
    Denying red and black only gets you so far when it's an 8 and 10 ap move that kills you.

You must all have had one HELL of a board.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You're not the only one, Bow. I feel your pain.

It sounds like a lucky board can give you a chance with this one, but unfortunately, my board luck on this node has been nothing short of abysmal. The worst example was probably when I removed a red match-4 on my first turn... which was replaced with a setup for a red match-5 for the AI. Likewise, the best shot I had so far was quickly ruined by a black match-5 cascade out of nowhere. Frustrating.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/1/5 lvl 140, got it on 3rd try, had 2 trap tiles out before she decided to match one.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0/1/3 and still no dice.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got very close with my 2/0/1 X-23, but it just takes waaay too long and in the end a single small cascade may end it all, if only because her HP is so low. I reckon that with enough tries it would be possible, but God, it would easily take an hour or more.

If any it shows how **** Elektra is.
  • simonsez
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Denying red and black only gets you so far when it's an 8 and 10 ap move that kills you.
    I had better luck letting her chase black, and healing after she hit it.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I got very close with my 2/0/1 X-23, but it just takes waaay too long and in the end a single small cascade may end it all, if only because her HP is so low. I reckon that with enough tries it would be possible, but God, it would easily take an hour or more.

If any it shows how **** Elektra is.

Wow, Im impressed. 0 in red is a serious handicap.