**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Do we know yet if you can have more than one cd tile out at the same time?

He can -- I put two out with the loaner.
    Thanks for confirming.

I'm not getting all the hate then... if you can charge tiles, collect green and create cascades on every turn, this guy sounds like the most annoying AP generator they've ever built.

This completely solidifies 553 for me.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Thanks for confirming.

I'm not getting all the hate then... if you can charge tiles, collect green and create cascades on every turn, this guy sounds like the most annoying AP generator they've ever built.

Agreed. Fiddling around with the loaner, I got in the habit of using his green to purposely clear away matchable clumps of blue, in order to guarantee that casting his blue right after would place it somewhere safe.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Do we know yet if you can have more than one cd tile out at the same time?

He can -- I put two out with the loaner.
    Thanks for confirming.

Using my alt account with the loaner, where OBW is tanking blue and thus accelerating blue even more, my first impression is its still not very fast as a green generator. There's also not much cascading with only 3 tile destruction.

With 5/5/3 it should be marginally better than the 5/4/4 loaner, but not overly impressed thus far.
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2015
    Possible good teams..

Cho/SW/4clops (Jean dead in two green punches from cho or 1 from 4clopes)
    Cho/Doom/4clops
    Cho/px/sw (this will be fun to try,and a good stunner in the group(bad! against Jean though))
    Cho/Doom/Px
    Cho/4thor
    Cho/Kingpin/4clops (kingpin in here just to be annoying and provide a little rainbow)..and on
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bishop wrote:
    I'm looking at a hulk that has a potential of doing up to 9514 damage if you have 30 blue ap.

You do realise that Hulkbuster deals that much damage for 13 Red? Kind of beats 12 Green + 30 Blue, especially taking in account that HB's incorporated red battery is more efficient and effective than TAH's green battery.
    simonsez wrote:

Blue is definitely annoying and definitely his better power (though it doesn't happen any nearly "every" turn"). The hate comes from his Green. It is seriously worse that IW's Green.
  • Bishop
    ^Its not his green that is impressive,it's what he can do for blue users. Combined with another ap generator like 4clops,a red tile remover/gainer,his yellow ap gain he'll get thier way before HB will (4clopes). It's the combined team that makes him good to me. It's kind of like IF/HB. His green however is enough to take out soft support like Jean,IF,hood,Loki however. Seeing how often 4clops will use his blue lol Jean Grey is a dead duck, or soften up HB for the enviable big nuke. If you bring low health support like IF he won't outlast this support hulk in health.

On the plus side this guy heals himself instead of wounds himself like HB does.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Producing 3 or 4 ap with either 2cd or conditional number of tiles just suck. Even rags is better because he deals dmg.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    totally underwhelming hulk for me, during the cho event he was the first to die every single time despite having more covers than the rest of my team, 3* Steve and OBW breezed through it while Cho was led down eating hotdogs the whole time. I liked the event (and was a good degree of difficulty) but the prize was a tad sucky. I've not rostered him yet and am not sure if I will at all.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Blue is definitely annoying and definitely his better power (though it doesn't happen any nearly "every" turn").
    I was referring to when you have 2 tiles out, which shouldn't be hard, given the cost and charging of tiles.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Does his CD convert existing basic blues to charged blues or does it create new charged blues from any color?

My issue with this ability is that you're going to want to wait until blue tiles are spread out to use this ability. Once it resolves, if only basic blues get converted, then that means the charged tiles will be spread out as well. Maybe the green tile destruction will bring all the charged tiles closer together?
  • Bishop
    I agree he doesn't seem totally awesome,but he does seem totally useful.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    The reason why Cho is underwhelming because he overthinks everything instead of just getting angry and clapping faces like 3* Hulk
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    I genuinely prefer 3* hulk to Amadeus Chore. Good for tanking and damage and his green is good. For Cho I really can't see a use for him in my team...
  • Another character hit by D3's bad sense of secondary effect balance. He's a 4*, and he's a hulk, and his punch doesnt hurts as bad as it should because it causes board shake.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Another character hit by D3's bad sense of secondary effect balance. He's a 4*, and he's a hulk, and his punch doesnt hurts as bad as it should because it causes board shake.

Agree, devs consider board shake and charged tiles too important. If green was 10 AP ...
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Played with him a little, last night. Noticed that the green tiles his blue takes out can be specials, but can be your specials. Very mixed bag there. Still looking at him as Totally Lame Hulk.
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I used his blue power today, the one that says it will "create" 3 charged blue tiles, and he didn't create anything. Does that mean he will turn blue tiles already on the board into charged tiles? I don't think there were any blue on the board at the time, and if so, this is a misleading power description.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    It works like Ragnaroks. It creates blue charged tiles, not blue tiles, so yes it only charges blue tiles already on the board.
  • jjfyahpowah
    jjfyahpowah Posts: 81 Match Maker
    Sm0keyJ0e wrote:
    Am I the only who thinks this might be the worst 4* out there? He's absolutely terrible and beyond a couple of niche uses or being an essential character I cannot fathom using him at all.

There, I said it.

If we ignore Mr. F possibly.

He's also more flexible than Flaptain, who only has very situational uses.

Then there's Elektra, StarLord, and IW. Perhaps they can form the Questionable Quartet with Cho...

But I think Cho will beat them all to become the 5th Worst 4*! icon_lol.gif

Will be interesting to see Colognoisseur's take.

Nope, Elektra, SL, IW, all better.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, when I looked at this guy originally, I thought he seemed pretty decent as his powers all sorta feed each other. The more I look at him, though, and with the revelation that he can smash your own green special tiles, the more "blehhhhh" he looks.