**** The Hulk (Totally Awesome) ****

Comments

• Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster wrote:
    neubrator wrote:
    So I assume I can run Incredible Hulk with TA Hulk? Not that they team up at all but who doesn't want to play a game of Hulk Hulk Red Hulk
    I'm actually a bit curious about that myself. Just calling him "The Hulk" may prevent him from being played with Bruce, just like Thor Odinson cannot be played with Jane Foster or Phoenix Jean Grey cannot be played with Teen Jean Grey...

Hm!! -- good point, Quebbster.

I was sure his in-character name had already been listed somewhere as "Amadeus Cho (Totally Awesome Hulk)", but maybe this change to "The Hulk" prefix is a purposeful decision to make him ungroupable with Bruce Banner for some still-unknown canonical reason.

If this is the case, I'm sure we'll find out why [regular Hulk and T.A.Hulk can't be in the same place] once the first issue of T.A.Hulk's comic releases in December. Maybe Amadeus Cho absorbed or transferred all of Bruce Banner's gamma into himself, or, something like that.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    neubrator wrote:
    So I assume I can run Incredible Hulk with TA Hulk? Not that they team up at all but who doesn't want to play a game of Hulk Hulk Red Hulk
    I'm actually a bit curious about that myself. Just calling him "The Hulk" may prevent him from being played with Bruce, just like Thor Odinson cannot be played with Jane Foster or Phoenix Jean Grey cannot be played with Teen Jean Grey...

Hm!! -- good point, Quebbster.

I was sure his in-character name had already been listed somewhere as "Amadeus Cho (Totally Awesome Hulk)", but maybe this change to "The Hulk" prefix is a purposeful decision to make him ungroupable with Bruce Banner for some still-unknown canonical reason.

If this is the case, I'm sure we'll find out why [regular Hulk and T.A.Hulk can't be in the same place] once the first issue of T.A.Hulk's comic releases in December. Maybe Amadeus Cho absorbed or transferred all of Bruce Banner's gamma into himself, or, something like that.
    not sure about TAH, but I know you can run rulk, shulk, and hulk. TAH is a different person as well - not sure why they'd lock him out of the hulk grouping fun.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    For the moment (which could easily change), Cho and Banner are mutually exclusive. So you could run Totally Awesome Hulk or Indestructible Hulk on a team, but not both.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Any particular reason? Cho was a character in some stories featuring Banner ... or is this a All-New, All-Different Cho, from the All-New, All-Different, Banner-less universe?
    The latter. Banner's got issues at the moment in the All-New universe. I'm about as clueless as you all are on the exacts of that, but he's been stated as definitely out of the Hulk picture for the moment in recent interviews. Since we run character availability based off specific incarnations, Hulk-Cho wouldn't be available at the same time as Hulk-Banner as they don't exist simultaneously. If we did a pre All-New Amadeus, he would. That all being said (not an announcement) we've been chatting internally about that whole system in general. It makes thematic sense, but as people often bring up, it often doesn't make *fun* sense.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Any particular reason? Cho was a character in some stories featuring Banner ... or is this a All-New, All-Different Cho, from the All-New, All-Different, Banner-less universe?
    The latter. Banner's got issues at the moment in the All-New universe. I'm about as clueless as you all are on the exacts of that, but he's been stated as definitely out of the Hulk picture for the moment in recent interviews. Since we run character availability based off specific incarnations, Hulk-Cho wouldn't be available at the same time as Hulk-Banner as they don't exist simultaneously. If we did a pre All-New Amadeus, he would. That all being said (not an announcement) we've been chatting internally about that whole system in general. It makes thematic sense, but as people often bring up, it often doesn't make *fun* sense.

You know, it might be fun to have an event themed around Time Travel - and unlock multiple incarnations of the same character on the same team. It wouldn't be a permanent removal of the restrictions, but would be a fun way to test the waters. (And a great event for the release of Kang the Conqueror, because time travel). (Or hell, make it a re-release or rework, because he went back in time and added himself to the game years ago).
  • IceIX wrote:
    Hot Dog Stand - 5 AP - Only usable if < 7 Blue on the board. Stuns Cho for a turn, healing him and creating Blue tiles.

Can we add to this power: If Cho consumes 3 hot dogs in 1 turn, he throws up. The smell packs a punch as the stench lingers in the air creating a 1 strength 1000 attack.png tile.
    Firstly you need to manage to unstun him to use for a second time. Then repeat this totally awesome feat that is unstunning someone.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Hot Dog Stand - 5 AP - Only usable if < 7 Blue on the board. Stuns Cho for a turn, healing him and creating Blue tiles.

Can we add to this power: If Cho consumes 3 hot dogs in 1 turn, he throws up. The smell packs a punch as the stench lingers in the air creating a 1 strength 1000 attack.png tile.
    Firstly you need to manage to unstun him to use for a second time. Then repeat this totally awesome feat that is unstunning someone.

It was more of a joke than an actual suggestion.
  • Mine too. Wasnt the "totally awesome" addition clear enough? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think we ought to collectively refer to him as something other than "TAHulk." Because I see that, and I think T*** and A** Hulk.

And that means Shulkie, my friends....delectable, emerald-skinned Shulkie...mmm...
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    we need some full stats pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to be excited for Ghost Rider now. You can be excited about TAHulk later, once Ghost rider is properly released.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Chulk, obviously.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chulk, obviously.

I agree, Chulk is perfect.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    You need to be excited for Ghost Rider now.
    I was, until they posted his stats...
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Polares wrote:
    Chulk, obviously.

I agree, Chulk is perfect.

Chulk seems pretty legit. I was thinking AweHulk. Mainly cause it made me laugh.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Perplexed by the 4thor teammates, how so?

I get the iceman battery, but thoress's blue creates a lot more charged tiles - so why would you use hulk's over hers?
  • Chulk, obviously.

Chucky would be more interesting. icon_twisted.gif

personagens-cinema-tv-chucky-en-bonecos-figuras-acao-539301-MLB20308546611_052015-Y.jpg
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Official announcement is out. Stats please?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Official announcement is out. Stats please?

Yes, soon, please -- tonight?

I am CHO-mping at the bit to see how these abilities scale with covers/levels!
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Now that he's bouncing around the load screen like an idiot, I dislike, Chump + Hulk = Chulk, even more.