Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• AHHHHHHHH another mode....my brains still hurts from this one

This. Man would I appreciate a break. I swore to myself (and my wife) that I would stop playing so much for a while. Figures that this would be the event they remove rubber banding... I was hoping for some PvP that I could skip. Sigh...
  • If boosts are now available as rewards, does this mean that they will no longer drop randomly after missions?
  • If boosts are now available as rewards, does this mean that they will no longer drop randomly after missions?

Most likely it will work as usual, but we will have more rewards like the +20% bonus to hammer along with tokens and ISO (hopefully "along" and not "instead" icon_rolleyes.gif )

All the HP rewards were probably replaced with +3's.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    If boosts are now available as rewards, does this mean that they will no longer drop randomly after missions?

Most likely it will work as usual, but we will have more rewards like the +20% bonus to hammer along with tokens and ISO (hopefully "along" and not "instead" icon_rolleyes.gif )

Lol..possibly. my nice guy guess is that they swap the useless maggia type boost to a more useful boost in some missions and give a +3 here and then for progress rewards.

If psykopathic is right, color me pissed.
  • Il Palazzo wrote:
    If boosts are now available as rewards, does this mean that they will no longer drop randomly after missions?

Lol..possibly. my nice guy guess is that they swap the useless maggia type boost to a more useful boost in some missions and give a +3 here and then for progress rewards.

Omg ikr!! I totally hope I'm wrong!! Haha
  • It unlocked the additional missions in the main event.

It didn't for me, I checked the main screen several times thinking there had to be some other reason for that main screen being so large. Hope that they make this new event a persistent one, since I didn't get a single daredevil cover out of Thick as Thieves.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Sounds like a fun event, and lots of ISO-8 suits me. icon_cool.gif

I've not seen an heroic Mode before though - does it have a leaderboard?
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    It unlocked the additional missions in the main event.

It didn't for me, I checked the main screen several times thinking there had to be some other reason for that main screen being so large. Hope that they make this new event a persistent one, since I didn't get a single daredevil cover out of Thick as Thieves.

It won't be..but they sounded to hint was more self progress based rather than competetive.
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    It unlocked the additional missions in the main event.

It won't be..but they sounded to hint was more self progress based rather than competetive.
    This could be a good solution to everyone's issues with some of the recent PVE.
    Even one of these events per month where you're not in direct competition with others could prove a nice break.
    Finish times wouldn't matter so much and you could play events when you're free rather than having to figure out the optimal strategy to rubber band for maximum points.
  • Oversoul wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    I'm hoping we see an interesting mix of recently added characters and lesser-used ones for this event, so it's not just another Wolverine festival.

Yeah I been looking for other apps. Looking for a good non-Asian made app. I started 1 and just can't get past the lack of words in sentences. If Thor and wolvie are available characters in tomorrow's events I'll settle for Asian garbage over this.

racist1.gif

It's not racist. I'm American and I wanna play an American game. It can be made by an Asian-American for all I give a fk. As long as it has decent English and supports our economy rather than China's or Japan's.

I believe term is Nationalist or something like that.
  • I'm excited for any new event although not exactly sure what the details are yet. I like the competition but I definitely would like to play more Prologue type missions without always having to fight for a rank spot as BrenH suggested. Thick as Thieves basically killed all of my free time due to trying to gain points and then intentionally losing fights to lower the enemy hit points in order to be able to fight the harder matches. Surprisingly I finished in a great position since I didn't figure that strategy out until 2 days in and without using my newly sold Thor and Wolverine. I also would like to see something other than Hammer target lock, man give it a rest already. I would much rather get 50 Iso than that "bonus". Regardless, whatever it is I'm probably going to play it.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Il Palazzo wrote:

maggia boosters? Useless?

44421984.jpg

dem level level 100+ hitmen say otherwise. Keep em coming. but knowing d3 they'll cash shop that soon enough. :\
  • I actually quite like the sound of this. Less rubberbanding, more focus on progression rewards - these are things we've been asking for and we have them, for one event at least. If the missions are also more replayable that could easily mean we earn quite a lot of ISO during the event (assuming we don't spend it all on boosts). I managed to snag Daredevil during TaT so it'll be good to see him get used straight away (hopefully boosted), and I hope there will be a few additional covers available as rewards too.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to take a guess at what the "featured" heroes list is going to be. The previous Heroic featured 7 heroes, with 3 powered up. Break down was:

1x 4* Heroes
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    1x 3* Heroes
    Spider-Man (Classic)
    3x 2* Heroes
    Black Widow (Original)
    Captain America (Modern)
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    2x 1* Heroes
    Iron Man (Model 35)
    Juggernaut (Classic)

Powered up heroes were: OBW, Spidey, AXM Wolvie.

So here's my guess at what we might have in this one:
    2x 3* Heroes
    Daredevil (Man Without Fear)
    Punisher (Dark Reign)
    3x 2* Heroes
    Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    Thor (Marvel NOW)
    Storm (Classic)
    2x 1* Heroes
    Storm (Modern)
    Black Widow (Modern)

Powered up heroes: Black Widow, Storm (Classic), Thor.

Daredevil has been confirmed, and Punisher was given out recently in the lead up to Army of One so there should be a few covers around.
    I expect Thorverine to help "re-introduce" these covers to people. Thor covers have been awards in recent tourneys, Wolverine is a progression reward in Best There Is, and Wolverine features in the Normal Oscorp chapter.
    Storm's appearance at the end of Thick As Thieves foreshadows the arrival of a new mutant hero being added to the game. If it's not a reward for the Heroic Mode I'd imagine that Storm Classic might be a reward/progress award during the Heroic in order to prep us for the next event (which will consequently feature mutants).
    Black Widow features in the Normal Oscorp chapter. She also got overlooked in Thick as Thieves, so it's time for a bit of spotlight.

Some additional thoughts:
    Currently the only active Purple Skill in that list is on Daredevil - so perhaps 1* Classic will make the list.
    I would have liked to see Daredevil, Punisher and Spider-Man teaming up, but since Spidey was in the last one and just recently included in Thick as Thieves I think he might be due for a break. That said there are Spidey covers in the wolvie tournament rewards, so by my earlier logic we could be being primed to use him in the next event. The line up does also need to be at least a little accessible to different levels of player, so stacking it with only 3* heroes isn't going to happen.

Edit: formatting.
  • I really hope Thorverine isn't required or boosted for the Heroic, given I sold both of mine while the value was high icon_e_confused.gif
  • So I reckon with rubberbanding disabled in this event you have to hit every refresh cycle perfectly to be competetive. Depending on the bracket size, it might be advantegous to play late if you want to rank high. If you want most of the progression rewards, you have to play as early as you can though.

Quite curious about this event to be honest... I just hope it doesn't end at 5 am again. I got up especially early for the TaT event today and still only placed on rank 11+
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    I really hope Thorverine isn't required or boosted for the Heroic, given I sold both of mine while the value was high icon_e_confused.gif

I've sold them both too, the ISO and HP were just too attractive...
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Could be good, we'll have to wait and see how it's actually implemented.

I never got the commotion about boosts. I guess if you want to get top3 in a PvP tourney they are required, but I haven't needed them to get Top10 placements before. Which is enough for me, so I honestly don't give a **** about boosts. If they become PvE rewards instead, that's probably just one 100 ISO or Recruitment Token reward less to get. I hope not. Cause I'll take those over boosts any day of the week.
  • Yeah really like the sound of this, can't wait to see it in action!