**** Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) **** - Preview

Comments

• Hayek
    Hayek Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Place holder for the new character

Green 7 AP - Deals damage to enemy team and creates Attack tiles. If 6+ Attack tiles on the board, deals bonus damage
    Red 8 AP - Creates a CD tile that deals damage every 2 turns and makes an Attack tile. If enemy team has more villains than heroes, the CD deals bonus damage
    Black 12 AP - Deals damage to target equal to a ratio of damage they have dealt this battle

Interesting synergy between him and Carnage. His green doesn't specify friendly attack tiles, so when facing goons or enemies with cheap abilities, Carnage will supply the attack tiles very quickly and for free. Carnage paired with this guy will give you 7ap AoEs on red and green, though they do overlap in all colors. I suppose you can throw in an Ant-man to give you actives in the 3 remaining colors, create more attack tiles, and steal the enemy attack tiles Carnage makes.
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Reide wrote:
    The new daredevil arc is called "Devil and the Details."
    I was thinking that it might be Black Cat (Felicia Hardy) for that exact reason but another Daredevil or Spider-Man would fit that reasoning as well. icon_cool.gif

Ghost Rider would be an awesome addition to the game. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Too bad attack tiles are now ownerless, so the damage dealt by those does not count when fireing off the Black ability.

Well, the ability by its nature feels very ****, and overpriced too.

Probably it wont do relevant damage until your teammates are down.

Question 4 devs:
    Will it count damage shielded?
    Will it count damage evaded? (Elektra, Colossus)
    Will it count friendly damage?
    Will it count overkill damage?
    Will you put him/her in Survival Node waves so the damage we dealt will be punished?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    turul wrote:
    Will you put him/her in Survival Node waves so the damage we dealt will be punished?
    They will now....
  • Dev93L
    Dev93L Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    The devil tagline could just as easily be GR. Hes' nothing if not associated with the devil(s).
  • it wouldn't surprise me if this was Jessica Jones and the 'devil in the details' is a quote from the pilot episode next week or something
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    That's ... that's Ghost Rider. If that black isn't Penance Stare, I'll eat my iPhone. My money's on Robbie Reyes, considering the current emphasis on ANAD Marvel characters. I'm good with that, but the only thing is that with 3*s done for the future, we're not gonna see a Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch for a long time, if ever.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Furthermore, I'd place some bets:
    G: Chains of Zarathos, Fury of Zarathos or something like that
    R: Spirit of vengeance
    B: True retribution (watch and learn, Frank Castle!)

I'm going to say Black is Penance Stare.

I was actually thinkinf red was. The more villainous the opponent, the more damage you do?

Edit: Also hoping one move is called Scraping at the Door.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrXKN9OB5Lo
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really want this to be Ghost Rider and for the character to be the human, non-transformed flame skull version and for him to be drawn to look just like Nic Cage. Watching the tears shed on the forum would be well worth it.
  • Of note... this hero does share the same colors as 3* Punisher. Similar abilities as well.

Molotov Cocktail gradually spreads special tiles like this 4*'s Red

Retribution has target-dependent damage like this 4*'s Black, but instead of your damage it's based on their damage.

And while Judgement opens up cascades instead of team damage. It still focuses on strike tiles like this 4*'s green.
    Green 7 AP - Deals damage to enemy team and creates Attack tiles. If 6+ Attack tiles on the board, deals bonus damage
    Red 8 AP - Creates a CD tile that deals damage every 2 turns and makes an Attack tile. If enemy team has more villains than heroes, the CD deals bonus damage
    Black 12 AP - Deals damage to target equal to a ratio of damage they have dealt this battle
    I think another Punisher would be random as all hell and it's probably not him. But it's interesting that they're introducing another character who works a lot like him to 4* land.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Well they announced a month or 3 ago that the punisher is the bad guy in the upcoming season of DareDEVIL. I don't know how that ties into "details" though.

They did add kingpin at the beginning of that's shows first season..
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    This is gotta be Ghost Rider. The only other Marvel character who might fit this bill is Man-Thing ("That which knows fear, burns at the the Man thing's touch...") but that's a long shot.

If it is GR though, why didn't they just swap him with X-23 for a Halloween release? That the only thing that might mean it's Jessica Jones related, but that power set doesn't match anyone used in the show.

Unless they're using the Patsy Walker connection to squeeze in Hellstrom, Son of Satan. (again, another long shot.)

Whoever they are, they're going to be good friends with Daken because of that green power, villian or not.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    So using Nefarious Foes as guideline, these are "villains"-
    Kingpin
    Carnage
    Bullseye (any)
    Daken (any)
    Doctor Doom
    Doc Ock
    Hood
    Loki
    Magneto (Classic only)
    Mystique
    Ragnarok
    Sentry
    Ares
    Moonstone
    Juggernaut
    Venom
    Yelena

Only recent addition since last run would be Red Hulk?
    Tatercat wrote:
    Whoever they are, they're going to be good friends with Daken because of that green power, villian or not.

Bonus is for attack tiles not strike tiles. So unless Unknown churns out those tiles with each Green or Red, optimal partners would be Antman or Mohawk (there is Black overlap, but you would wait to use Unknown's Black until much later anyways)
  • Tatercat
    Wait a minute.... could this truly be.... FRANKEN-CASTLE!?!?
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 622 Critical Contributor
    Isay_Isay wrote:
    Only recent addition since last run would be Red Hulk?

I would absolutely NOT consider Red Hulk a villain, and hope the game feels the same way. After the Intelligencia storyline (his very drawn out origin], he served on the Avengers for a year or two at Steve Rogers' request, and was last seen leading a team of his own including Punisher, Elektra, Ghost Rider, Agent Venom, and Deadpool. I wouldn't place him as any more of a villain than those characters on the Marvel alignment-o-meter.

I'd also LOVE to see Franken-castle in this game as a 4* Punisher variant someday!
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re-posting from General, since it got no response there.

Not sure if it has been asked, but what happens if you KO one enemy and the remaining characters are 1 hero and 1 villain.

Also, are you going to add hero/villain status to the character sheet somewhere, out just going to expect that everyone knows 3* Magneto is a villain but 2* Magneto is a hero? Or Cyclops? Or even Sentry, who flips allegiance in the Dark Reign story? What about if I have Captain America on my team and my opponent has Iron Man, alluding to Civil War; does Iron Man count as a villain in that scenario? What about the mission in Thick as Thieves where there are two "skrulls" - who have passed as both heroes and villains. Or in Meet Rocket & Groot when Mystique is "shapeshifted" as Iron Man - hero or villain? Or basically all of Enemy of the State? If I'm fighting brainwashed Wolverine and two Shield Agents who are actually supposed to be Hand Ninjas who infiltrated Shield, am I fighting 3 heroes or 3 villains?

I really, really, really hope you thought this through and actually designed something around bringing character allegiance into play as a new level of strategy.
  • Place holder for the new character
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

The devil is in the details...

damnation chain, hellfire, penance stare.
    but, ugh another 4*
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Place holder for the new character
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

The devil is in the details...

damnation chain, hellfire, penance stare.
    but, ugh another 4*

Chain whip / chain flechette.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it's Ghost Rider, it better be this version or I will riot
    e9yixx.jpg
  • Tatercat
    If it's Ghost Rider, it better be this version or I will riot
    e9yixx.jpg

Power Names for this version of Ghost Rider:

"OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH! OH, THEY'RE IN MY EYES! MY EYES! AAAAHHHHH! AAAAAGGHHH!" Green 7 AP - Deals damage to enemy team and creates Attack tiles. If 6+ Attack tiles on the board, deals bonus damage
    "Tool up, honey bunny. It's time to get bad guys." Red 8 AP - Creates a CD tile that deals damage every 2 turns and makes an Attack tile. If enemy team has more villains than heroes, the CD deals bonus damage
    "I'll be taking these Huggies and whatever cash ya got." Black 12 AP - Deals damage to target equal to a ratio of damage they have dealt this battle
This discussion has been closed.