**** Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) **** - Preview

phoenixrising2791
phoenixrising2791 Posts: 130
edited November 2015 in MPQ Character Discussion
Place holder for the new character
"David wrote:
Moore"]

The devil is in the details...

Green 7 AP - Deals damage to enemy team and creates Attack tiles. If 6+ Attack tiles on the board, deals bonus damage
Red 8 AP - Creates a CD tile that deals damage every 2 turns and makes an Attack tile. If enemy team has more villains than heroes, the CD deals bonus damage
Black 12 AP - Deals damage to target equal to a ratio of damage they have dealt this battle

Comments

• I guess this is Daredevil. Can't be a villain though because the Red Power contradicts. Or is it the other way around? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This definetly screams ghost rider out of the two guesses I've seen people make. Mainly because the second ability. The more evil there is on the team the more damage.

I just don't see how that ties into dd at all. And strike tiles? This set of abilities doesn't look like daredevil. It looks a lot more like ghost rider. But that's my guess
  • I also would have guessed that. Ghost Rider!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Overscaled pve node monster.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Overscaled pve node monster.

Will wait to see more details to make a call on power.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Wording is quite bad...
    But I'll speculate anyway. The optimal build will greatly depend on how the black ability works. Is it
    A. The more damage this character has done is the ratio for damage dealt
    OR
    B. The damage is dependent on the amount of damage the targeted enemy has dealt

If A then I'd consider 5/3/5
    If B then definitely 5/5/3

For red knowing how many attack tiles are created per turn is necessary to determine its worth. Since it runs on CD I assume it will do damage every turn and create only 1 attack tile per turn. If this assumption is correct then 5/3/5 is best build
    But if at higher covers red creates multiple attack tiles per turn then it would be great for getting the extra damage on Green. Which would then make 5/5/3 an option. Having to rely on CD is never good but if it creates attack tiles fast enough it'd be worth the risk
    Green seems like it will definitely have to be at 5. As for the other colors I can't decide until we get the full stats. It maybe one of the cases where having 4 covers in the two remaining colors is better than having one at 5 and one at 3.
    Overall seems like decent abilities but will have to wait to see full stats to know for sure
  • Black Outfit Daredevil? Jessica Jones? Just thinking that the show is out next week on Netflix...

Otherwise, could be one of these 'highly requested' characters mentioned, not that I know who these are. Green Goblin?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclopes wrote:
    This definetly screams ghost rider out of the two guesses I've seen people make. Mainly because the second ability. The more evil there is on the team the more damage.

I just don't see how that ties into dd at all. And strike tiles? This set of abilities doesn't look like daredevil. It looks a lot more like ghost rider. But that's my guess

This one IS Ghost Rider. Both red and black are very Ghost riderish.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    A Red/Green carácter!! Exactly what my roster was lacking, woot!!!

Chuckling apart, I hope it is Ghost rider icon_e_smile.gif Where can I check "villain" list? I find Rulk and Elektra borderline, and haven't read a single ballon of X23. (Magneto has always been officially considered villain, right?).
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Furthermore, I'd place some bets:
    G: Chains of Zarathos, Fury of Zarathos or something like that
    R: Spirit of vengeance
    B: True retribution (watch and learn, Frank Castle!)
  • icon_twisted.gif GHOST RIDAH!!! icon_evil.gif
  • If it is Ghost Rider, is it Robbie Reyes (All New Ghost Rider) or Johnny Blaze (Classic Ghost Rider)?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it is Ghost Rider, is it Robbie Reyes (All New Ghost Rider) or Johnny Blaze (Classic Ghost Rider)?
    Danny Ketch!
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Wolarsen wrote:
    Furthermore, I'd place some bets:
    G: Chains of Zarathos, Fury of Zarathos or something like that
    R: Spirit of vengeance
    B: True retribution (watch and learn, Frank Castle!)

I'm going to say Black is Penance Stare.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Black 12 AP - Deals damage to target equal to a ratio of damage they have dealt this battle

I really hope the black ability keeps a running total of how much damage it should deal.

Trying to calculate how much damage you've done all round and then performing a ratio of it will be a huge PITA.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    moogles85 wrote:

I really hope the black ability keeps a running total of how much damage it should deal.

Trying to calculate how much damage you've done all round and then performing a ratio of it will be a huge PITA.

With 5*s, especially ones that heal. this could be the big bada boom we need to be able to 1 shot skill kill them..

Also, if against phoenix, would the damage done start over after her rise from the ashes or be added to the prior
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I am desperately hoping this is Ghost Rider - the black ability screams of Penance Stare, the sins of the enemy turned onto their own soul, and relating it to damage in that fight seems the best way. Could be a total monster of an ability, depending how exactly it works (health at start of match, or usual max health?). Red seems like a 'hellfire'-like ability. Not that I wouldn't like a really good 4* Daredevil, but would much prefer this to be Ghost.
  • geno685
    geno685 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Hey guys remember that new story mode events are coming with some new characters. What if this is Ghost rider and he comes in his own event and we see new goons in demons, or we are hunting down villains, and possibly could see a NPC is Satan or his son, Blackheart.
  • Daredevil.

The new daredevil arc is called "Devil and the Details."
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    677586-ghost_rider.jpg

How can it NOT be this guy?
This discussion has been closed.