Oscorp Heroic Mode

Unknown
Unknown GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS
Hey All,

Just linking to the announcement about the new Oscorp Heroic Mode, set to start up tomorrow!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2925

Thanks

Further info from Jozier:

Oscorp chapter: Featured heroes:
Daredevil POWERED UP
BWM and GS
IM35
**Wolvie
C Storm
M Hawkeye
Spider-Man
IW

Placement:
1 Red DD 5000 ISO 100 HP
2-3 Red DD 2000 ISO 100 HP
4-10 Red DD 1000 ISO 50 HP
11-25 Red DD 500 ISO 50 HP
26-50 Red DD 250 ISO
51-100 Heroic token 250 ISO

Progression (interesting ones only)
Featured heroes at 100
Featured heroes at 750
C Storm at 1500
Purple DD at 10000
Blue DD at 30000
8000 ISO at 40000
Yellow X Force at 50000
Red X Force at 52000
Green X Force at 54000

Comments

• Will that be limited time event? Or permanent thing ? If it is another timed event i'm not so sure if it will be good for our health to give it so soon icon_razz.gif
  • Sounds reasonable.... I'll go in optimistic yet expecting very little.
  • Great news! Heroic modes are fun and restocking my boosts (other than hammer) is exactly what I need... Along with iso! Thanks for listening tours and setting up the rewards to make us happy.
  • Sounds good at first glance. I do hope that it's turned well since this last event was rather discouraging. I also hope that Daredevil isn't a requirement to actually proceed to far into the event. Anyways, will reserve judgement until the event drops, but I do want to say that I'm optimistic about it.
  • My one concern is that unlike health packs, boosts are capped at 10.

So for the boost rewards, unless we use our stockpiled boosts, we don't gain the benefit of now winning them.

But that's a minor complaint given that we'll probably need our boosts and won't be near 10 of them for the most part.
  • Will any characters be buffed for this event? Any roster restrictions?
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    Will any characters be buffed for this event? Any roster restrictions?

I'm just waiting for Thor and Wolvie to be like 2/8 available covers or something like that. Lol
  • Looking forward to it!
  • StoneWolf wrote:
    Will any characters be buffed for this event? Any roster restrictions?

I'm just waiting for Thor and Wolvie to be like 2/8 available covers or something like that. Lol
    Right after a ton of ppl sold them yesterday
  • This is probably the best topic i have read all day. But what are guys doing to stop the cheaters? Im kind of skeptical about playing since the event is filled with them.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    We'll have some required Daredevil missions to rub salt in the wound.
  • If they had heard our feedback, they would have gotten rid of the ridiculous 100hp cost for the multi boost!!!!
  • Davometer wrote:
    If they had heard our feedback, they would have gotten rid of the ridiculous 100hp cost for the multi boost!!!!

I am still hopeful they will have a change of heart I am barely playing at this point the ISO tax will kill it for me.
  • As long as the enemy scaling isn't wack and they bumped up the ISO payouts, I will be a happy camper.

I'm sure DD will be required for a few of the missions and people will piss and moan, but whatevs.
  • D3PCS wrote:
    Hey All,

Just linking to the announcement about the new Oscorp Heroic Mode, set to start up tomorrow!

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2925

Thanks

So basically a small fraction of the player base will be able to do these, because they will have Daredevil?
  • dearbluey wrote:

So basically a small fraction of the player base will be able to do these, because they will have Daredevil?

I'm assuming it will be the same as it was for other events, where there will be one or two missions that will require DD. it's the carrot they dangle to get people to spend money on the guaranteed DD cover packs.
  • Hey All,

With Thick as Thieves coming to an end soon, we know that many of you are currently pushing to grab that Daredevil cover. We wish you all luck because, starting Friday, you will get your first chance to put him to work! Our third "Heroic Mode" (centered around the Oscorp chapter) will be ready to start!

For those new to the game, Heroic Modes are challenging versions of the Prologue that call on players to win using a limited set of characters, including Daredevil!

The rewards in this Heroic Mode are geared heavily towards progression so we've disabled some of the balancing that helps players catch up with the pack and greatly turned up the number of replays you get per missions.

We've also heard your feedback that the more expensive boosts are making the extra-tough missions impossible so we've taken care to make them available as mission and progression rewards in the event. There's a lot of Iso-8 up for grabs too. We've had a lot of fun building this event, we hope you enjoy it as well!

Thanks!
    so I'm curious what this means...it sounds like rubber banding is off? More points per mission? Increased ISO rewards?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:

I'm assuming it will be the same as it was for other events, where there will be one or two missions that will require DD. it's the carrot they dangle to get people to spend money on the guaranteed DD cover packs.

Ahh, okay. That's cool then. For some reason, I had it in my head that we needed him for the whole thing. My bad.
  • Hahaha then i dont need to care about my rankings to get daredevil on Thick As Thieves ...
    I got enough HP to spin the DareDevil under the Recruit session for this event icon_e_smile.gif

Hahahah
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll probably buy a guaranteed DD, because I'm a sucker. I bought Punisher to increase my chances at Hulk covers (wanted the Hulk, don't really like Punisher at all). At least if I buy DD to compete more I'd be buying a character I actually like.