**** Sam Wilson (Captain America) ****

Comments

• Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    But it does get confusing since you cannot use 4hor and 3hor together even though they are different people.

Different people but same hammer right ? If so, it makes sense as they can't be both wielding Mjolnir at the same time.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Why Captain Falcon and not Falcon America?
  • snlf25 wrote:

Because Falcon is not a rank and Sam Wilson is in the military.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know it is a different Captian Falcon, but this thread has had this song stuck in my head all day.

My Date With Captain Falcon
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Lerysh wrote:
    snlf25 wrote:

Because Falcon is not a rank and Sam Wilson is in the military.
    The comic Falcon (not the MCU one) isn't in the military though.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    spectator wrote:
    and here i thought we were talking about the Nintendo character

Falcon Punch!
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Breezy wrote:
    Does no one see the potential for strength?

Let's say you launch yellow. 5 protect tiles survive by the time you get red. Max level that's about 11k damage for 23 ap. Fair enough and enough to one-shot some characters.

Yeah... but that's an absurdly high amount of AP for a chance to do so little damage per AP.

Look at FourPool's damage per AP.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, when paired with Prof X, since Prof X's blue is stronger, it'll be double buffing tiles if X is invisible?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    Hmm, when paired with Prof X, since Prof X's blue is stronger, it'll be double buffing tiles if X is invisible?
    Or you just bing LCaps best friend Hood and fire yellow to red to 1 shot everyone since you will be stealing all the AP. bring along LCage and then you will take no match damage as well.
  • notamutant wrote:
    If this is indeed Falcon-Cap, it seems strange to me to make a fusion of two 3* characters without including the core feature that gives them both their primary functionality- eliminating enemy countdown tiles. Buffing special tiles as a passive is nice, but I play Falcon for Redwing. Falcon and Cap together are my go-to for Survival nodes, but I don't see this character in that same role.

Pretty sure he's not meant to be. His yellow move converts *every* basic yellow into a protect tile. Every single one.

And then, after you've fired that off, at max level and 5 covers in red, every one of those protect tiles will boost the damage of his red move by 1109 damage on top of the nearly 8000 he already does. Not to mention you could pair him up with other characters that create a butt load of protect tiles for even more damage. Mystique and 2* Bullseye, perhaps? Blue matches increasing protect tile strength, fire off Mystique's blue to create purple tiles which then Bullseye makes protect tiles from?

Dude is going to be a freaking killer. Overpowered as all hell. I'll be amazed if he's released like this.

Except he can EASILY be countered with Loki. He isn't overpowered against a person. Maybe AI won't play him well, but a person can easily use Loki and render his yellow useless, and just get him killed in a couple of turns.

don't see how Loki stops a chained yellow into red combo. and you're only netting a 139 strike tile for every protect tile out. don't see how this would kill anyone in a couple of turns.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Except he obviously can't be partnered with Falcon any more than 4* Thor can team up with 3* Thor. Other than that, his best teammates would be people who (a) accelerate red; and (b) make protect tiles that aren't on yellow and don't require yellow AP. So, Hulkbuster.

I honestly wonder how effective he will be with Classic Magneto. Yes the Red & Yellow overlap does negate this a bit, but hear me out.

You save up 9 yellow, but you sit on it since you don't have enough Red to cast his killing blow. By the time you finally have the Red you want, you've now got 18, or even 27 yellow! With Mags on your side, you can cast the initial use on this, but then fill in some blanks with Mag's yellow too.

Then you have the problem of what to do when you have the Red & Yellow AP, but <8 yellow on the board. If you cast Mag's Yellow, you do that much more damage for the Red.

I'm never a big fan of running two characters with the exact same colors, but you can always run them with...yeah, this list is too long if I'm including 2 of 3, but no one has actives in Green, Purple, & Black.
  • Hey guys, this sounds like Archangel to me. What do you think?
  • scottee wrote:

This is what I am wondering. Match blue and +1400 damage swing each turn. And it will compound if match blue again. Not too much more than what PX does by himself anyway but still fun to think about. (Could almost pair these two with MBW and be fine).
  • Enslaved wrote:
    Hey guys, this sounds like Archangel to me. What do you think?
    "think" or know? icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • don't see how Loki stops a chained yellow into red combo. and you're only netting a 139 strike tile for every protect tile out. don't see how this would kill anyone in a couple of turns.
    So you think the AI will save all that ap to combo you down? I wouldn't bet on that option.
  • Kyuun wrote:
    Got to be Captain Falcon. Right?

Yep looking at the colour combo it certainly the same as Captain America (Steve R) and two of the power descriptions are pretty much close to identical to the the 3 star falcon! I'd be surprised if it was anyone else!
  • I'm on the fence about this guy. His red - to me looks like Cage's yellow with a higher ceiling, so it carries the same issue - its high cost, making him AP denial bait on offense, a lucky 'chain' won't help you fire that off with ANY level of consistency. On top of that, uiinlike Cage, it's his ONLY attack, so its 'save up 14 red to kill someone', or "just shield myself until then", something prone to Loki (overstated though), SHulk, Jean Grey, or anyone with massive board shake-up abilities.

He'll play well with others, you can match him with a defensivly challenged character with high offense (ironically like Loki or Hood), he should gel with Ironfist...like.everyone.else.does (Captain Falcon Fist? Just Falcon Fist?), I can see him and Fury working well together ironically.

But while I'm excited about the character and can't wait to see the artwork, I'm not anticipating a game changer.
    - Unreall
  • Iron Falcon, Iron Cap, iFalcon, Cap Fist, Falcon Fist?

It does really sound annoying, same way that cage completes IF but it's harder to counter, tho it's also slower and more dangerous on defense (for the AI) when player Loki is around.
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Iron Falcon, Iron Cap, iFalcon, Cap Fist, Falcon Fist?

It does really sound annoying, same way that cage completes IF but it's harder to counter, tho it's also slower and more dangerous on defense (for the AI) when player Loki is around.
    And as I just said in the new deadpool thread, how often is that a legit threat? Without digging into it, the pros far outweigh the negatives. Especially if you add in that Loki no longer changes 'all' the tiles, so depending on the situation, he might even just 'nullify' your yellows with strike yellows, that you then boost to compensate anyways.

The universe revolves around IMHB, PX, 3hor, and IF these days, with SW, KK, Cyc, and a couple others playing the part of moons.

Loki is a puny Gawd...
    - Unreall
  • ShionSinX wrote:
    Iron Falcon, Iron Cap, iFalcon, Cap Fist, Falcon Fist?

Loki no longer changes 'all'
    what?