Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh crud, here we go again - will be "fixed" by a patch in the next 24 hours
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    It has always destroyed 25 tiles, grabbed AP, employed a 1 turn CD, and done very nice damage at 5 covers.

What needs a buff is his blue. Even at five covers when it wipes the whole board, it still doesn't do half the damage that the AP grab tile does.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think his blue needs a shorter cd and/or the ability to place the cd. I could take the low damage from blue if I knew where it was going
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I think the blue needs to be weak, so he's not a self sufficient character. Even nerfed his purple makes a strong blue power insane.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Had a Magnetic Flux go off on the edge; only destroyed a 3x5 area, so not sure what OP's seeing.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shurak wrote:
    you got 5th red cover

I've had 5th red forever.

The thing is, it does 5x5 in the middle, as the description says, but when it gets buried on the edge or in the corner, it does far fewer. I griped about that a while ago, that the text said "destroys 5x5" but the reality was that lol no it doesn't happen that way with anything like frequency.

That was WHY I griped, because it felt like I was getting a deceptively low ROI when I used the skill. It'd advertise I'd blow up 25 tiles and then it'd blow up 4 if it was buried in the corner.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Had a Magnetic Flux go off on the edge; only destroyed a 3x5 area, so not sure what OP's seeing.

OP (hi!) actually did say that on the edges, it was destroying 3x5 now, where it used to destroy (for me) a smaller area, maybe 2x3.

So what you saw is exactly what I reported seeing. :p
  • DFiPL
    Options
    I think Phaserhawk has somehow gotten out of his ban by taking over DFiPL's account....

I'll be expecting HiFi to let us know a patch is incoming to "fix" this in 3....2....1....

If he was operating one way forever, he wouldn't change unless the devs changed him, surely? Unless they tinkered with icon_magneto.png 2*'s code, I can't see how they'd introduce a bug that needed fixing.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    I think Phaserhawk has somehow gotten out of his ban by taking over DFiPL's account....

I'll be expecting HiFi to let us know a patch is incoming to "fix" this in 3....2....1....

Actually, i think Shurak nailed it. Not a stealth buff, nothing to be nerfed, just cover scaling at work.

I've been 3/5/5 since Pol Shift got changed, though. Once they changed that skill I respec'ed from 5/5/3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    when I used the skill. It'd advertise I'd blow up 25 tiles and then it'd blow up 4 if it was buried in the corner.
  • DFiPL
    Options
    when I used the skill. It'd advertise I'd blow up 25 tiles and then it'd blow up 4 if it was buried in the corner.

yeah, that's exactly what my experience was. Buried in the corner, 2x2. Banished to the edges, 2x3.

The last couple of days, it's been 3x3 in the corner and either 3x4 or 3x5 on the edges (the former if it's one tile from a corner, the latter anywhere else on the edge). Much less frustrating now when the CD gloms onto the edges or corner. I mean, I'd prefer the 5x5, sure, but it's at least reasonably useful beyond the flat 2131 damage now if (when) it gets relegated to corners/edges.