*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

Comments

• daibar wrote:
    edit - this power might work differently than I thought, didn't realize the countdown was destroyed

5 purple tiles in 8 - there are 56 possible combinations (8C3) = 8*7*6/(3*2*1)
    Of these, only 4 of them will give you a crit outright (>7.14%) without help of any other tiles:
    :purple: tutile.pnggreentile.png X2
    purpletile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.png

purpletile.pngtutile.pnggreentile.png X2
    purpletile.pngpurpletile.pngpurpletile.png
    purpletile.pnggreentile.pnggreentile.png

If the tile is up against the wall and there is a purple above or below, you're getting a crit for sure. The odds are at least 25% on that. Eg on left wall:
    :purple: tutile.png
    bluetile.pnggreentile.png
    countdown.pngyellowtile.png
    redtile.pngblacktile.png
    OR
    bluetile.pnggreentile.png
    countdown.pngyellowtile.png
    redtile.pngblacktile.png
    purpletile.pngredtile.png

However, this doesn't count external tiles or having purple already around the countdown tile, if you look at the game play, the Arcane Incantation was surrounded by 2 not overwritable purple already. The odds of making a crit are then 100%!

While I do think this is mildly overpowered for a passive, I think the video really highlights Xavier's blue power. There's no way one of these 2 powers isn't getting a nerf eventually.

It seems the purple is overwriteable to purple, in essence losing one of your converts if it chooses a purple tile. It's still a very good power tho, just not as good at initially assessed.
  • So, for those of us without Professor X, who else is a good partner?

Iron Fist, or just herself since she's got a very good purple though not quite the same level as Iron Fist. Deadpool works too.
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    So, for those of us without Professor X, who else is a good partner?
    Deadpool
  • If you don't mind squishy i see her and GSBW wrecking shop, free purples into green with crits all over the place (and yes that combo with PX would be even crazier)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    How the heck do people have her fully covered already lol. 20+ tokens from the event, and not a single cover.. casual alliance, so we won't be able to finish round 6...
  • Malcrof wrote:
    How the heck do people have her fully covered already lol. 20+ tokens from the event, and not a single cover.. casual alliance, so we won't be able to finish round 6...
    $$$$$$$
  • Malcrof wrote:

I got crazy lucky and got 3 covers from tokens...was totally thrown off guard by it. I did spend a bit of HP on a 10 pack though to try to get her blue power as well in case I want to use HP to cover her more.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    $$$$$$$

This. Whales and super-whales tend to be in top alliances, who tended to finish this quickly. 3 covers earned, 10 bought.

I'm actually curious how many used Scarlet Witch to help acquire the 3 covers in the first place. I'm betting it's a non-zero number.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Malcrof wrote:

If you are referring to my videos, that is in a sandboxed account I use to toy around with. My normal account just has 3 covers for her icon_e_sad.gif
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I think you missed the boat on the op team. It's SW, GSBW and PX. Granted this is only good in the Sim and a few of the oddball events (sw or gsbw pvp as well). If anyone lives through the devastation that would be deceptive tactics, it's immediately followed by a sniper rifle. Thanks for playing.

Not great on defense, but prolly close to as fast as it gets (right now) on offense.
  • Aidonis wrote:
    I think you missed the boat on the op team. It's SW, GSBW and PX. Granted this is only good in the Sim and a few of the oddball events (sw or gsbw pvp as well). If anyone lives through the devastation that would be deceptive tactics, it's immediately followed by a sniper rifle. Thanks for playing.

Not great on defense, but prolly close to as fast as it gets (right now) on offense.
    Dang-it Charles. Why do you have to make everyone broken!
  • Colog came up with WWW, whales, witches and wheels.

SW PX(underlevelled) DP. Apparently you get to 30 purple without trying
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ArkPrime wrote:
    Colog came up with WWW, whales, witches and wheels.

SW PX(underlevelled) DP. Apparently you get to 30 purple without trying

That was in my video posted a few days ago.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor

Hood is an amazing partner with her, since she'll always have a CD on the board his black becomes infinitely more useful.
  • So, for those of us without Professor X, who else is a good partner?

Kingpin is an amazing partner with her, since she'll always have a CD on the board his black becomes infinitely more useful.

Fixed
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    raisinbman wrote:

Kingpin is an amazing partner with her, since she'll always have a CD on the board his black becomes infinitely more useful.

Fixed

but most people don't have Kingpin covered enough to be useful, that's why i suggested hood, also Kingpin's Purple conflicts with hers so the AI would be terrible with it on defense.
  • raisinbman wrote:

Fixed

but most people don't have Kingpin covered enough to be useful, that's why i suggested hood, also Kingpin's Purple conflicts with hers so the AI would be terrible with it on defense.
    AI tends to be terrible with most things
  • I was crazy lucky. The very first node i got SW. Then 2 more green covers from token pulls.
  • Phage42
    Phage42 Posts: 18
    Over at Vox, they have a quick primer on Scarlet Witch for those who do not know her:

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/28/8498521/av ... -explained
  • How about SW,PX, and MNMags?