*** Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff) ***

1568101123

Comments

  • simonsezsimonsez Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    ArkPrime wrote:
    The argument against maxing her purple is quite a simple one.

    You're not bringing her in for her purple.
    Right, but let's say you're using her with Prof X and featured, and he's already invisible. Aren't you going to want to use her purple then?
  • Not sure if this has been pointed out(I've been lurking and skimming, ignoring the more dense posts) but her TU tile actually CONVERTS tiles to blue - meaning it can cascade, etc.

    She's like a goon on 'roids.

    She's a good partner for Daken, then.
  • john1620bjohn1620b Age Unconfirmed Posts: 367
    Can someone that has 5 green test whether charged tiles count as tiles she can destroy? That would make it more useful, particularly if they release more characters that can create charged tiles.
  • MawtfulMawtful Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only just got her to 3 in Blue (2/3/3 currently).
    At Rank 3, I'm already seeing a big improvement in her passive. For the next two ranks, I'm looking at a faster countdown and 1 extra tile converted. And now to question the dogma of Scarlet Witch: Is rank 5 in her blue actually worth it?

    Rank 3 in blue is almost certainly too slow; I've lost Wanda's countdown on it's last turn plenty of times already. So the only other option to consider is Rank 4. At this rank, I would miss out on 1 tile being targeted for conversion. It would be foolish to dismiss the value of a single tile, but considering that Incantation can currently target existing purple tiles for conversion, it's not actually a guaranteed increase.

    There are two possible builds to go with 4 Blue. The first of those, 5/4/4, is the natural reflection of 4/4/5 - which is already one of the two popular builds. This would emphasize damage output with high level support abilties; Hex targeting 4 tiles would clean up any purple not matched after Incantation finishes. The second, 4/5/4, would prioritize support with 5 ranks in Hex to deal with all special tiles but still keeps 3 turns of stun on Crush. Of the two, I think 5/4/4 offers the most flexibility.

    Ultimately, I'm still undecided and it'll be a little while before I have to start making a choice. I definitely understand the benefits of rank 5 - particularly when paired with someone like PX, but that's not going to last.
  • dkffivdkffiv Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    john1620b wrote:
    Can someone that has 5 green test whether charged tiles count as tiles she can destroy? That would make it more useful, particularly if they release more characters that can create charged tiles.

    It appears as though charged tiles cannot be destroyed, even with 5 covers.
  • The description says 'non friendly' and charged tiles, like web tiles, are probably considered neutral because they can benefit either team.
  • goalboundgoalbound Posts: 10
    dkffiv wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    Can someone that has 5 green test whether charged tiles count as tiles she can destroy? That would make it more useful, particularly if they release more characters that can create charged tiles.

    It appears as though charged tiles cannot be destroyed, even with 5 covers.
    It seems to blow up AI Rag's green charge tiles but not the ones created by the user
  • GowaderacerGowaderacer Mover and Shaker Age Unconfirmed Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Not sure if its a glitch or working as intended, but I have her blue @ 5 and I've noticed that it will "turn" tiles that are already purple to purple with the countdown resolves, basically making it do nothing. Not quite as OP as everyone though...
  • Not sure if its a glitch or working as intended, but I have her blue @ 5 and I've noticed that it will "turn" tiles that are already purple to purple with the countdown resolves, basically making it do nothing. Not quite as OP as everyone though...
    It's not a bug. That's how it works.
    It's a purple crit every few turns for no work. That's why you have her around. Iron first is usually pretty good when use purple once, but casting it twice will usually result in at least a couple crits and a ton of black ap. So take those with a black user and see what happens.
  • EtheusEtheus Posts: 56
    goalbound wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    Can someone that has 5 green test whether charged tiles count as tiles she can destroy? That would make it more useful, particularly if they release more characters that can create charged tiles.

    It appears as though charged tiles cannot be destroyed, even with 5 covers.
    It seems to blow up AI Rag's green charge tiles but not the ones created by the user

    This happened to me. The AI had SW with 4 Green and Rags Blue for a TU. Their Hex Bolt was able to destroy the charged tile. I've been pairing SW with 4Thor and Cyclops. I have 4 Green covers and have not ever destroyed a charged tile with Hex Bolt.
  • PuceMoosePuceMoose Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,207 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really enjoying this character so far. Her Hex Bolt is great for those far-too-frequent times when you just need *one* more AP to fire off a nasty ability, and can't make the match. (Blade stuck at 9 purple AP turn after turn after turn, for example) Plus, since it doesn't target friendly tiles, you can also use it strategically to eliminate potential match-threats to your special tiles. I also love the animations and sounds for her abilities.

    I've had a lot of fun with Luke Cage + Blade + my 2/4/1 Scarlet Witch in the current PvP tournament.
  • Puce Moose wrote:
    I'm really enjoying this character so far. Her Hex Bolt is great for those far-too-frequent times when you just need *one* more AP to fire off a nasty ability, and can't make the match. (Blade stuck at 9 purple AP turn after turn after turn, for example) Plus, since it doesn't target friendly tiles, you can also use it strategically to eliminate potential match-threats to your special tiles. I also love the animations and sounds for her abilities.

    I've had a lot of fun with Luke Cage + Blade + my 2/4/1 Scarlet Witch in the current PvP tournament.
    Yep, green is a "I'd love any ap but green" ability. Plenty of configurations that want that.
  • Etheus wrote:
    goalbound wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    john1620b wrote:
    Can someone that has 5 green test whether charged tiles count as tiles she can destroy? That would make it more useful, particularly if they release more characters that can create charged tiles.

    It appears as though charged tiles cannot be destroyed, even with 5 covers.
    It seems to blow up AI Rag's green charge tiles but not the ones created by the user

    This happened to me. The AI had SW with 4 Green and Rags Blue for a TU. Their Hex Bolt was able to destroy the charged tile. I've been pairing SW with 4Thor and Cyclops. I have 4 Green covers and have not ever destroyed a charged tile with Hex Bolt.

    4 Green covers will not be able to destroy charge tiles. Must be 5 green. 4 Green can destroy only "basic, enemy Attack, Protect, and Strike tiles". If the AI is using a 4 cover Hex Bolt to destroy charge tiles, that's a bug.

    If 5 green is able to destroy charge tiles for AP, that is a point in it's favor, but still not enough to push me off 5 purple personally.
  • dkffivdkffiv Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did some testing and Hex Bolt is bugged. With 5 covers I was able to destroy an enemy Rag's charged tiles, 4 covers I was not. However, the AP gained by this ability is not working properly. The tile targeted generates 1 AP but the surrounding tiles are generating 2x the amount. For 8 AP you're gaining 9. When I managed to hit 2 charged tiles I generated 12 AP (2x 2x 3 AP) while spending 8, a net gain of 4.
  • atomzedatomzed Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,461 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    Did some testing and Hex Bolt is bugged. With 5 covers I was able to destroy an enemy Rag's charged tiles, 4 covers I was not. However, the AP gained by this ability is not working properly. The tile targeted generates 1 AP but the surrounding tiles are generating 2x the amount. For 8 AP you're gaining 9. When I managed to hit 2 charged tiles I generated 12 AP (2x 2x 3 AP) while spending 8, a net gain of 4.

    Are you able to target your own charge tiles? Say GT red and blue charge tiles?
  • dkffivdkffiv Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    atomzed wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Did some testing and Hex Bolt is bugged. With 5 covers I was able to destroy an enemy Rag's charged tiles, 4 covers I was not. However, the AP gained by this ability is not working properly. The tile targeted generates 1 AP but the surrounding tiles are generating 2x the amount. For 8 AP you're gaining 9. When I managed to hit 2 charged tiles I generated 12 AP (2x 2x 3 AP) while spending 8, a net gain of 4.

    Are you able to target your own charge tiles? Say GT red and blue charge tiles?

    You can't directly target charged tiles. If your own GT or Rag created them, you are unable to destroy them (I waited until I got one on an edge and bolted, destroyed only 3 tiles when it should've destroyed 4 because there weren't enough valid targets) but if the enemy creates them there is a chance you can destroy them.
  • atomzedatomzed Chairperson of the Boards Posts: 1,461 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    dkffiv wrote:
    Did some testing and Hex Bolt is bugged. With 5 covers I was able to destroy an enemy Rag's charged tiles, 4 covers I was not. However, the AP gained by this ability is not working properly. The tile targeted generates 1 AP but the surrounding tiles are generating 2x the amount. For 8 AP you're gaining 9. When I managed to hit 2 charged tiles I generated 12 AP (2x 2x 3 AP) while spending 8, a net gain of 4.

    Are you able to target your own charge tiles? Say GT red and blue charge tiles?

    You can't directly target charged tiles. If your own GT or Rag created them, you are unable to destroy them (I waited until I got one on an edge and bolted, destroyed only 3 tiles when it should've destroyed 4 because there weren't enough valid targets) but if the enemy creates them there is a chance you can destroy them.

    Thanks for the info! I guess that was the correct intention that it is unable to destroy charge tiles. Must be a bug that it can destroy charge tiles produce by enemy.
  • By the magic of token luck I have a 4/5/4 SW with a 5th blue sitting in reserve. She is so well designed, I wish she could go 5/5/5.

    As someone who took a long break and came back to a nerfed 4Thor and XForce, I am loving SW as an accelerator for 4Thor/Xforce.

    I think the jump from 3 to 4 for every ability is huge so a minimum of 4 is important. The real question is where to go with that 5th and I think that 5/4/4 is the way to go.

    For Green: Being able to hit countdown tiles with green is nice, but I wouldn't miss it that much. In fact, you can take advantage of countdown tile immunity to do more targeted pickups.
    For Blue: I feel like I get plenty of purple and purple crits with it at 4. I can't see the 5th tile making that big a difference although I will probably at least try this out before my extra blue cover expires.

    In my opinion, the 5th purple adds so much on one cover. A 5 turn stun is a long time and extra damage is always nice. Coupled with a 4Thor's Blue/Red combo and you have free reign to strategically pick up a ton more charged AP unmolested.
  • notamutantnotamutant Critical Contributor Age Unconfirmed Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    By the magic of token luck I have a 4/5/4 SW with a 5th blue sitting in reserve. She is so well designed, I wish she could go 5/5/5.

    As someone who took a long break and came back to a nerfed 4Thor and XForce, I am loving SW as an accelerator for 4Thor/Xforce.

    I think the jump from 3 to 4 for every ability is huge so a minimum of 4 is important. The real question is where to go with that 5th and I think that 5/4/4 is the way to go.

    For Green: Being able to hit countdown tiles with green is nice, but I wouldn't miss it that much. In fact, you can take advantage of countdown tile immunity to do more targeted pickups.
    For Blue: I feel like I get plenty of purple and purple crits with it at 4. I can't see the 5th tile making that big a difference although I will probably at least try this out before my extra blue cover expires.

    In my opinion, the 5th purple adds so much on one cover. A 5 turn stun is a long time and extra damage is always nice. Coupled with a 4Thor's Blue/Red combo and you have free reign to strategically pick up a ton more charged AP unmolested.

    I think the general consensus is not that you should have 4 at least in each, but you should either go 3/5/5 or 5/3/5, depending on if you have another good purple user that you would always use her with. You can watch my analysis video where I talk about the difference in damage output for 3 and 4 in purple. It isn't that much, and the stun being random really takes away its usefulness at only 4 covers. You need the 5 in blue no matter what.
  • The stun being random is pretty awful. I've stunned a dead guy multiple times this pvp.
Sign In or Register to comment.