*** Wolverine (Patch) ***

Comments

• GT-47LM wrote:
    I just now realized that by tiles with wolverines icon actually meant the tile with his claws rather than his strike tiles lol. So hypothetically speaking, if I were to team himBy the way, can you show me where you got his max stats please?

His max stats are earlier in the thread (page 2 on my computer, assuming you didn't change your settings).

I checked Thor's stats and it looks like Thor will get black (11) over Wolverine (10). Still, it's hard to imagine anyone that isn't a boosted character can possibly survive expected damage from 4 colors bearing his icon (4/7 * 64 * 216 = 7899). Can someone from D3 clarify if a special tile takes away from that? They don't have anyone's emblem on them too.
  • Phantron wrote:
    GT-47LM wrote:
    I just now realized that by tiles with wolverines icon actually meant the tile with his claws rather than his strike tiles lol. So hypothetically speaking, if I were to team himBy the way, can you show me where you got his max stats please?

His max stats are earlier in the thread (page 2 on my computer, assuming you didn't change your settings).

I checked Thor's stats and it looks like Thor will get black (11) over Wolverine (10). Still, it's hard to imagine anyone that isn't a boosted character can possibly survive expected damage from 4 colors bearing his icon (4/7 * 64 * 216 = 7899). Can someone from D3 clarify if a special tile takes away from that? They don't have anyone's emblem on them too.

Yeah, I fixed my post to how I wanted it now. That is way too strong, even with Thor taking black, which could be easily fixed just by replacing him. It was probably something the devs just forgot to take into consideration. Thanks for telling me where I could find it.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Y'all were kind of terrible to the OP

Even after he posted screenshots people were claiming they were photoshop...yeesh
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spencer75 wrote:
    Y'all were kind of terrible to the OP

Even after he posted screenshots people were claiming they were photoshop...yeesh
    I always thought the OP was telling the truth, but was hoping for better screenshots.
  • The people I recall that were talking about having seen this have been registered on the forums for at least a couple months. I didn't see why they would make it up. If they'd been brand new to the forums, I'd have been more suspicious.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Yeah, I fixed my post to how I wanted it now. That is way too strong, even with Thor taking black, which could be easily fixed just by replacing him. It was probably something the devs just forgot to take into consideration. Thanks for telling me where I could find it.

You can't replace Thor because he's one of the two other characters that have red/yellow/green as their 3 colors that is not Wolverine. Anyone else you use will definitely match at least one other color over Wolverine.

That said I don't think anyone's realistically going to survive his red if you have 4 colors belong to him. It's not as overpowered as it sounds because it forces you to build a team with very few colors, which is generally quite easy to handle for an attacker.
  • It's always easier to call out something is a fake until proven real.

Though...I guess with somethings in life somethings can be considered real until proven fake.

Flying Spaghetti Monster for example...
  • Rye555
    Rye555 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Wait if he gets 15 health with less than 10 tiles and 59 health in all situations dosent he really get 64 health a turn? That's 8.4% of his health!
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rye555 wrote:
    Wait if he gets 15 health with less than 10 tiles and 59 health in all situations dosent he really get 64 health a turn? That's 8.4% of his health!
    It's not additive. Like the 2*'s yellow, it's just a backup if there aren't enough yellows
  • Curious what everyone is thinking in terms of optimal builds here. I'm inclined to lean towards 5/3/5. Sure, 5 red deals the most damage when you build your team around it to maximize Patch tiles on the board. But, if Rag taught us anything, it's that building teams around one skill inevitably leads to heartbreak. I think 5/3/5 is probably a more future-proof build.

Also, I'm imagining building towards a Hulk/Patch/IW team - being able to immediately lock down and neutralize all the generated enemy strike tiles after placing would be pretty sweet. Even if you can't, then at least the defenders are more likely to proc Hulks black passive with regular matches to generate more green for Patch (or IW). A high-level Force Field crush with strike tile damage behind it could be an awesome finisher, assuming each bubble burst benefits from the strike tiles.
  • Curious what everyone is thinking in terms of optimal builds here. I'm inclined to lean towards 5/3/5. Sure, 5 red deals the most damage when you build your team around it to maximize Patch tiles on the board. But, if Rag taught us anything, it's that building teams around one skill inevitably leads to heartbreak. I think 5/3/5 is probably a more future-proof build.

Also, I'm imagining building towards a Hulk/Patch/IW team - being able to immediately lock down and neutralize all the generated enemy strike tiles after placing would be pretty sweet. Even if you can't, then at least the defenders are more likely to proc Hulks black passive with regular matches to generate more green for Patch (or IW). A high-level Force Field crush with strike tile damage behind it could be an awesome finisher, assuming each bubble burst benefits from the strike tiles.

Hulk/Patch/Loki, turn all those enemy strike tiles in to protect tiles icon_e_biggrin.gif and only missing one color from the rainbow.
  • I'd like to know if the max level stats IceIX posted are for lv1 or lv5 skills, because 216 damage per tile is already pretty decent. If lv5 is double that, you're talking about a potential 10k damage skill.
  • 216 per tile must be the level 5 stats. It's already basically guaranteed kill if you have 4 of the colors with his emblem (not terribly hard to construct a team this way) and anything more than that would just make the skill flat out instant kill.

Unlike Ragnarok, Wolverine's red requires 14 red so it's not exactly trivial to match that many. Even if Wolverine's ability simply always kill one guy, to kill 2 guys would require 28 red (we assume you kill the third guy while matching enough tiles for 28 reds). Also, this team is relatively easy to attack because if you try to maximize the colors Wolverine matches that implies your team is easy to deny. For example Hulk/Wolverine/Loki means you only have to deny them red/green and then you'll probably be fine, so it's not a hard team to attack.

That said any team with Wolverine in it is going to leave the attacker with a nasty surprise if they saved him for last. I'm sure people will just forget that you can't leave him for last (because then he matches every color) and get instant killed by his red.
  • So what 'could' be the possible best build? Guess 5 yellow is a must have?
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5. Maybe 4/4/5. Pretty obvious this is a direct almost ability per ability upgrade of 2* Wolvie. Lvl 3 to lvl 4 Red is an increase of 37% damage per tile. There is probably some mathmatical equation of number of strike tiles vs. damage per strike tile. Now I am correct that his red is triggered off of the number of tiles with Patch's symbol on them, not the strike tiles he is creating? Because as you level his green, you have to be careful how many strike tiles the other team is getting. Especially have a OBW you could be creating your own demise. Intersting character though.
  • Crazy idea: get him on a team by himself (or with very low level heroes) then his symbol will be on all the tiles right? Get some boots +6 to red and match a few reds and GG haha also I love his outfit for this cover
  • Boots of the Red Death +6
  • I will go 3/5/5 - well it depends of his final statistics but what I don't like in green that :

Deals 237 damage to the current target and creates 2 Strike tiles for each team (GREEN FOR ALLIES, Purple for enemies)

So you have to match 9green and then at level 5 you have to have 6 more green on board to place maximum 6 strike tiles. This would be hard to achieve
  • Interesting observation.

only an assumption but
    Since the board is 8 X 8 = 64. 64 / 7 = 9. avg of each color 9 tiles on board. green 6 out of 9 tile means very good chance of breaking at least 3 of those 6 strikes?
  • zpzpz wrote:
    Interesting observation.

only an assumption but
    Since the board is 8 X 8 = 64. 64 / 7 = 9. avg of each color 9 tiles on board. green 6 out of 9 tile means very good chance of breaking at least 3 of those 6 strikes?

Well you first have to match 3 times 3 green on board - playing without boosts - so if avg is 9 you have to first match 9 green and then probably wait for other green tiles to come to cast green skill for 6 strike tiles. In defense wolvie with 5 on green probably will give more enemy strike tiles then to alies since AI is stupid.