**** Lock and Load - Recruiting NOW ****

Comments

• ojcAust
    ojcAust Posts: 140
    Druss wrote:
    Recently I have not been hitting the events as hard as in the past due to still wanting my wife to talk to me and not leave with the kids. However for a 4* I am going to have to try and optimize my run, as who doesn't want to start a character with 3 to 4 covers.

Wife? Kids? What are those?

I seem to remember having some of these but not sure as can't see them on my roster!

HAHA Daransteele, I found that if you listen hard enough you can heard the voices: "Daddy can we play?" Their not in our heads, their REAL!! icon_e_surprised.gif

*With your roster scaling I am not surprised. I seriously do not know how you manage with all those duplicates adding 50 to 60 levels in most of the harder battles.
  • ojcAust
    Damn the simulator, this was meant to be my go easy event. Now I am in second spot after grinding through the cmags essentials. Mjmacka is about 1500 points behind me, love having an alliance mate in the events as it drives you to keep going. The question is, can I walk away .... the perils of the addict. MPQ in the veins. D2KM knows it well.
    Time to sleep on it before the baby wakes up...yeah I know I said sleep, not lay there thinking of the best team with 3Storm to wipe out patch and xforce teams on their essentials. I hate losing those two.... STOP!!! Bed time in Oz.
  • Guys, just checkin-in to tell that I've been having connection issues since late last night - every once in a awhile I get a connection and am able to play a game or two, but soon after I lose the connection.
    Tried everything from connecting through data plan to turing off my modem and router.

I know it's a D3 serve issue, since many players, including antreas1911, have been having this issues, so I hope they solve this quickly.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Scoregasms - in case you miss it in chat, I was wondering about your pvp strategy, you always seem to join late & hit 900+... Would you mind sharing your tips? How late do you join? When do you hit the 270 wall? How many shields do you normally need? Etc, etc, etc...

Trying to find a new (less hp intense) method! You can pm me if you don't want to open your method up to the whole world!
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    Salgy wrote:
    Scoregasms - in case you miss it in chat, I was wondering about your pvp strategy, you always seem to join late & hit 900+... Would you mind sharing your tips? How late do you join? When do you hit the 270 wall? How many shields do you normally need? Etc, etc, etc...

Trying to find a new (less hp intense) method! You can pm me if you don't want to open your method up to the whole world!

I've been thinking about how to run PVP without spending 450 + HP and maintaining scores over 900. Here are my thoughts.

Early slices:
    Cons
    Climbing early guarantees attacks.
    Early slices have a harder time climbing early due to other slices not having time to progress.
    Pros
    Easy for 2*/3* teams to climb to 700ish for rewards.
    People are less likely to be shielded when your slice ends.

Early starts:
    Cons
    Early fights are difficult because you could be matched against a 270/166 or 166/166 team below 100.
    Climbing early guarantees attacks.
    Average scores are lower so large point targets are more rare.
    Pros
    People are less likely to be shielded when your slice ends.

Later slices:
    Cons
    Higher attack risk during other end times.
    IMO heavy hitters seem to be in later slices.

Pros
    Larger rewards.
    Less risk of attack during your end time so unshielding is (statistically) less risky.

Later start:
    Cons
    More difficult to maintain scores if you start to get attacked.
    Requires a deep roster.
    Requires HP for health packs if you need more than 5.

Pros
    Larger reward so climbing is easier.
    Lower shield costs.

The more I think about it the more I like early slices and end times. That being said, I end up spending about 450 HP per run. I have found that to be sustainable with the addition of extra hero slots for newly released covers.
  • Malorick
    Malorick Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2015
    The Lock and Load logo flashes over the screen as we get ready for Lock and Load Analysis. BANG!!! The Lock and Load theme song plays over as the pyro goes off, Welcome back to our legendary analysis for Lock and Load where the big guys play! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Lock and Load proudly brings to you, it's analysis for the last events:

pvp Woman of Marvel rank 45 (16 645 pts)
    pvp Fist Bump rank 34 (17 038 pts)

Short analysis for the past events, will be back soon with the history mode (sorry it's end of fiscal year, busy month here and I want to continue to keep my play to help the alliance) icon_e_wink.gif.

1) pvp Woman -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Logan.1909 1 241 +0 (+230 pts)
    Scoregasms 1 097 +4 (+278 pts)
    Darkron 1 055 +8 (+324 pts)
    CapceH 1 024 +0 (+196 pts)
    Salgy 990 +2 (+173 pts)

2) Logan continue his domination as King of pvp, congrats and well done!!! A new ruler is born.
    3) Special Award achievement ("Illuminati") to Logan.1909, Scoregasms, Darkron, CapceH who are back in the elite club of 1k with a great score.
    4) Special Award achievement ("Focused Blast") to darensteele, Reid, salmas who have finished the season strong by beating their personal high score for the season.
    5) Our top 5 players have played for an average of 1 081 pts.
    6) Our mid-top 5 players have played for an average of 871 pts.
    7) We have played for an average per member of 832 pts.

1) pvp Fist Bump -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Logan.1909 1107 +0 (-134 pts)
    CapceH 1044 +2 (+20 pts)
    Scoregasms 960 -1 (-137 pts)
    Salgy 930 +1 (-60 pts)
    Malorick 918 +9 (+142 pts)

2) For the first official pvp of the new season Logan start strong and continue his domination as King of pvp, congrats and well done!!! A new ruler is born, Logan.1909’s majesty bolsters his people. No words are needed.
    3) Special Award achievement ("King Ambassador") to CapceH who finish close to the king his best ranking ever among us.
    4) Special Award achievement ("MegaBlast") to Angelo who beat his personal high score with us. Incredible start continue like this, top5 his coming to you, you are back on our top10.
    5) Special Award achievement ("Hot Stuff") to Consumedfire who start really strong with one of his best performance. Spectacular start here again. You are on fire!!!
    6) Special Award achievement ("Overpowered") to ojc80 who beat his personal high score with us. Amazing start here too, so close of the top 10, major improvement. Can Wolverine X-Force will help you to continue with that momentum???
    7)Special Award achievement ("Rise to Power") to Reid, cricri who have also increase their level and produce above their normal level. Great work here too.
    8) Special Award achievement ("We had a teamp-up") to all LL members for this incredible performance with another mark of 17k. Excellent work from everybody .
    9) Our top 5 players have played for an average of 1 081 pts.
    10) Our mid-top 5 players have played for an average of 871 pts.
    11) We have played for an average per member of 832 pts.

Ps: Don't hesitate to comment/rate/propose new analysis, it’s important you find what you need or want to read. Don't forget to like the analysis.
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Malorick wrote:
    pvp Fist Bump
    in addition to malorick's superb (as usual) analysis, i wanted to point out that in the Fist Bump PVP, we had 10 members of the alliance hit higher than 900 points... great job everyone, this is the most 900+ scores we have ever seen, keep it up!
  • ojcAust
    Damn this is a strong group of players. Some teams do well in pve WE ARE GROOT and DMZ mob pve for example, but you do not see their names in the pvp ranks like we appear. You are all amazing. Pats on the back time my team. Beasts each and everyone of you. (and the good type of Beasts not the MPQ type that may need a rework icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Malorick
    Salgy wrote:
    Malorick wrote:
    pvp Fist Bump
    i wanted to point out that in the Fist Bump PVP, we had 10 members of the alliance hit higher than 900 points... great job everyone, this is the most 900+ scores we have ever seen, keep it up!
    ojcAust wrote:
    Damn this is a strong group of players. Some teams do well in pve WE ARE GROOT and DMZ mob pve for example, but you do not see their names in the pvp ranks like we appear. You are all amazing. Pats on the back time my team. Beasts each and everyone of you. (and the good type of Beasts not the MPQ type that may need a rework icon_e_biggrin.gif )

Sorry that I missed to mention that in our analysis and thanks to point it out even if I had mentionned it in our chat. I forgot do include it and it was my intention to mention it since it was a big feat. Also I forgot to mention other stuff. Really sorry for that lack of analysis its really a quick summary I am so busy that I am missing important feat that should have been mentionned.

We have really a great group that is great in pve and pvp so its really amazing.

Here some important mention that I forgot in the pvp Fist Bump that explain our success too for our big score as a team.

Special Award achievement ("Hot Stuff") to Consumedfire who start really strong with one of his best performance. Spectacular start here again. You are on fire!!!

Special Award achievement ("Overpowered") to ojc80 who beat his personal high score with us. Amazing start here too, so close of the top 10, major improvement. Can Wolverine X-Force will help you to continue with that momentum???

Special Award achievement ("Rise to Power") to Reid, cricri who have also increase their level and produce above their normal level. Great work here too.
  • Hey guys!

I'd like some roster suggetions. Lately I've been putting iso on the buffed characters, since the ones I have fully covered aren't that great (GSBW, MoStorm) or conflict with my main guy (Patch), but sometimes I feel like I'm spreading iso around and not getting optimal results. I've invested in IF and R&G, both characters I think sit well with X-Force, since he's the cornerstone of my roster, I always try to build around him. I'd appreciate a fresh view on my roster and any suggestions about it, so thanks in advance!

In order not to pollute the topic, PM me if you want to pitch in.
  • I would max hood and use xf + hood as companions to featured character. IF purple is nice but I prefer Cage as he is pretty awesome too. And if you get the covers GT!
  • Malorick
    The Lock and Load logo flashes over the screen as we get ready for Lock and Load Analysis. BANG!!! The Lock and Load theme song plays over as the pyro goes off, Welcome back to our legendary analysis for Lock and Load where the big guys play! Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages, Lock and Load proudly brings to you, it's analysis for the last events:

pve The Simulator rank 5 (1 355 896 pts)
    pvp Sticks and Stones rank 32 (16 537 pts)

Short analysis for the past events, will be back soon with the history mode (sorry it's end of fiscal year, busy month here and I want to continue to keep my play to help the alliance) icon_e_wink.gif.

1) pve The Simulator -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Malorick 130 968 +0
    Scoregasms 116 371 +0
    Mjmacka 94 164 +13
    OJC80 86 655 +1
    Salgy 76 120 -1

2) Special Award Achievement (“Hail to the King!”) - Malorick his back on his throne.
    3) Special Award Achievement (“Dauphin of Lock and Load”) to Scoregasms that continue to lead the alliance to unleashed the Beast, he his the perfect Roayal beater for us since he motivate everybody to do great, continue to lead us to the top.
    4) Special Award Achievement (“Terrigenesis Rebirth”) to MjMacka for his incredible performance in pve and for his return to the top in pve, good to see you on top again. I remember that you were a serious threat to my crown at your beginning with us. It's good to see you back on top.
    5) Special Award Achievement (“MPQHunter Engineer”) to OJC80 who continue to stays in top and orchestrate a good climbing with MjMacka and their bracket, they bring fear among the other competitor when they saw that they are coming from Lock and Load.
    7) Special Award achievement ("Power-Hungry") to Reid for his asthonishing performance if it was not because of Salgy who was playing in a later slice and just did enough points to beat him to have his name in the top5. Excellent work continue like this and top5 will be yours.
    8) Special Award achievement ("Growing Menace") to fishcake and Darkron for their good improvement and performance. You are back on our top10.
    9) We have played for an average per member of 67 795 pts, and had 10 members that have play below our average, overall good performance from everybody again we are really now a top5 alliance in pve.
    10) Our top 5 players have play for a average of 100 856 pts
    11) Our mid-top 5 players have play for a average of 71 493 pts
    12) Our mid-bottom 5 players have play for a average of 55 803 pts
    13) Our bottom 5 players have play for a average of 43 027 pts

1) pvp Sticks and Stones -Great thanks to our top-performers, who are:
    Salgy 1107 +3 (+177 pts)
    CapceH 1096 +0 (+52 pts)
    Logan.1909 1050 -2 (-57 pts)
    Malorick 1023 +1 (+105 pts)
    fishcake89 948 +4 (+44 pts)

2) OMG!!! The Blade of Disaster, The Streak Breaker stroke again. I did what nobody was able to do and removed Logan.1909 from his throne and take his crown. He put the one ine 7-1 like in did with Malorick 8-1. We have a new king in pvp so congrats to Salgy.
    3) Special Award achievement ("The Streak Breaker ") to Salgy that its always there to break the domination of our member.
    4) Special Award achievement ("Illuminati") to Salgy, CapceH, Logan.1909, Malorick who are back in the elite club of 1k with a great score.
    "If you desire my position, all you have to do is take it from my cold, dead hands."
    4) Special Award achievement ("Duke of LL") to CapceH that it's just desire the crown so much, that he is doing everything he can to take it and continue to score big to do this a second pvp in the Illuminati club. Did he sell his soul because he is in a streak of 3 with a score over 1k????
    5) Special Award achievement ("PowerHouse") to fishcake89 who continue to show that he is a heavy hitter in pvp and pve, he seem to be our next superstar for this season.
    6) Special Award achievement ("Overpowered") to ojc80 who continue his amazing start with another excellent score, it's not the same OJC80 anymore we have a more powerful one for this season.
    7)Special Award achievement ("DayLight Saving Time") to Philly who also move his score forward like the clock and have switched from 800 to 900 score.
    8) Special Award achievement ("Interminable Terminator") to Scoregasm for this incredible performance in pvp and pve you have miss the top5 this time but we can always count on you to kick the **** out of anyone, anytime, anywhere!
    9) Our top 5 players have played for an average of 1 045 pts.
    10) Our mid-top 5 players have played for an average of 871 pts.
    11) We have played for an average per member of 827 pts.

Ps: Don't hesitate to comment/rate/propose new analysis, it’s important you find what you need or want to read. Don't forget to like the analysis.
  • Mjmacka
    Mjmacka Posts: 55
    Malorick 130 968 +0
    Scoregasms 116 371 +0
    Mjmacka 94 164 +13
    OJC80 86 655 +1
    Salgy 76 120 -1

Mal, Score you guys are crazy. I felt so burnt out after that sim and now on to Xavier.
  • Scoregasms
    Scoregasms Posts: 373
    Mjmacka wrote:
    Malorick 130 968 +0
    Scoregasms 116 371 +0
    Mjmacka 94 164 +13
    OJC80 86 655 +1
    Salgy 76 120 -1

Mal, Score you guys are crazy. I felt so burnt out after that sim and now on to Xavier.

That Simulator event was the most lax event I've been in I think. I maybe did 3 passes for a final grind in the 2nd and 3rd subs, was good to take it somewhat easy. But yes, Xavier is gonna be cray-cray.
  • Malorick
    Mjmacka wrote:

Yes, I am crazy and too addict to MPQ but this is because of Scorgasms that push me to my limits and need to do better and better cannot let the Dauphin of Lock and Load take the place of the King yet. As a commander I have to show by example if I want to avoid mutiny. We have good royal beater with him and Consumedfire that push us to do just better. Also I wanted so bad that yellow 4* Thor (I had none of that color) that I had no choice to keep the rythm with the top3 of my bracket. The 8 hrs is not bad, its the 4 hours that is worst and its for Prof X. No break I need to follow Scoregasms on this.
  • ojcAust
    "THE GLASS SHATTERS - OJC80 comes out to address his team. He looks tired, worn out....but we know he is fighting in The HUNT. He looks back to the glass and sees so many of the MPQ universe crawling through the broken shards due to Thor Goddess of Thunder."
    - okay enough of the third person

To everyone you uses TGOT as a stable. I do not know what to say. It seems a Sentry style nerf. I never really had her in my team so cannot comment much more than what I read. Anyone else thinking if a character is to be nerfed that you get one months notice prior to it happening so that we don't spend all the cardpack.png and iso8.png on a character that will be a shadow of themselves. I am annoyed with you all that have been caught out.

Stay strong, stick the course. We will rise above this and find a new group that will destroy our enemies. But still......

Okay I have to back to THE Hunt. 500 points seperating top 5 at the end of the first stage.....where did all these grinders come from???

PS Malorick, Thanks for the two awards. Good to be in the top5 and assisting Mjmacka and great to consistantly hit 800+ in pvp at long last.
  • Guys, here's an interesting read on PvE Scaling and how to tweak it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24984
    Some cool ideas tossed around there, what do you guys think?
  • ojcAust
    Guys, here's an interesting read on PvE Scaling and how to tweak it: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24984
    Some cool ideas tossed around there, what do you guys think?

I think this is what Scoregasms is currently working towards. But I'll let him jump on and confirm it with us. If so we may all end up with rosters as long as Druss icon_e_smile.gif
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    guys

having connection issues - not been able to complete any battle for about 4hrs

Totally missed last clear & grind down last sub (that's the 2nd one missed - other 1 my fault -overslept other 1).

Also missed clear on other sub & start of new sub.

Gone from easy top 25 (ish) to outside top 50 icon_e_sad.gif

Think others having same issue - Capceh being 1 of them.
  • Druss wrote:
    guys

having connection issues - not been able to complete any battle for about 4hrs

Totally missed last clear & grind down last sub (that's the 2nd one missed - other 1 my fault -overslept other 1).

Also missed clear on other sub & start of new sub.

Gone from easy top 25 (ish) to outside top 50 icon_e_sad.gif

Think others having same issue - Capceh being 1 of them.
    Yea,yesterday evening i had some connection problems too. Today its all fine again.