Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

1234568»

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Matched Yellow with Wolverine because I needed to heal... hit a caltrop trap... did trap damage before the healing... bummer.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    First slice closed with my bracket that started during the first sub at only 870 players. Wow. I've never seen pve brackets filling this slow. Is everyone taking time off or something?

Hey. What happened? I thought you and took999took were going to duke it out for 2nd and that IW Blue. They started their grind around the same time I did, but I didn't see you there with us. Glad I had a buffer because you guys were neck and neck up until grindtime of the last sub.
  • Sumilea wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    prash wrote:
    This event is going on too long. First time I've got bored of a PvE event for ages.

7 day PVE events aren't new.

In the old days there were even 9.5 day events.

Maybe the Blue Hood cover isn't that coveted? Because I'm in the top 100 and usually I can't even make it to the top 150. I can't be the only one who has got bored of this event. That being said, I do play other PvE with a fair amount of interest. Wonder what changed?
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    veneretio wrote:
    For those in 2* land, the last node (Triumph) is very doable with Thor + Storm + Magneto. Just max your colours asap and cycle abilities like crazy.

You're a better player than I was. That was the one node I couldn't get this event...I couldn't even finish the first wave, although I didn't try enough earlier when the levels were considerably lower.. Fortunately, I was nowhere near Top 150, so it didn't particularly matter one way or the other for me, other than to say I did it and get the extra token.
    fmftint wrote:
    Most of the players with a covered Hood skipped this event entirely.

Top 150 seemed to be as much of a bloodbath as the last LazyThor event in my bracket. Hell, more than doubling the progression awards didn't even put you in Top 400 for the 2-star award (although with my Daken maxed, three standard tokens is a better payoff in my case), which generally isn't the case--even in the last run of this event. I never expected to grind out a blue Hood anyway, but I don't think it was anywhere near as easy as people have been suggesting. ...or maybe I was just in an unlucky bracket.

In any case, this is really one of the more enjoyable events for me. Between this and the daily Deadpool events, it's been a good week of MPQ icon_e_smile.gif
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    135k landed me in 29th slot.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    fmftint wrote:
    First slice closed with my bracket that started during the first sub at only 870 players. Wow. I've never seen pve brackets filling this slow. Is everyone taking time off or something?

I need to rant/vent on how untrue this is.

I was in the first slice, and with my Hood at 1/2/2, I obviously had everything to gain by getting into the top ten. All throughout the event I was hovering at around 14-18, and at the last subevent, I really made extra effort to grind down the nodes, and yes, even the ridiculous waves, which fortunately gave me 3000+ points (initially) per completion. It was so intense that it disrupted my date for the evening (my end time was 10 pm my local time).

Finally managed to get number 10 with 181882 points, with 11th place at 180727 (sorry Wanghiking!).

My rant is this: four out of the top ten had 5 yellow!!! Meaning they had no reason to fight to be in the top 10 since they'd be selling the rewards anyway! Checking the four other players below me showed 2 had 4 yellow covers, meaning that they barely missed the opportunity to get yellow fully covered.

I understand many top players grind to help their alliance, but damn, it's really annoying to see people who don't need the covers taking away the opportunity from people who do. I was genuinely relieved to get top 10, but it was a painful process that could be easier if people who don't need the top 10 covers actually cooled down instead.
  • As a 2* player in transition mode, I couldn't imagine beating the last node in E.o.t.S, Triumph, without OBW. I could see replacing her with Storm classic maybe?

Also, Cyclops black is the anti-Gorgon. My Cyke is 0/1/2, boosted to lvl 143. And boy, do I hate Gorgon.
  • pabasa130 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I was in the first slice, and with my Hood at 1/2/2, I obviously had everything to gain by getting into the top ten. All throughout the event I was hovering at around 14-18, and at the last subevent, I really made extra effort to grind down the nodes, and yes, even the ridiculous waves, which fortunately gave me 3000+ points (initially) per completion. It was so intense that it disrupted my date for the evening (my end time was 10 pm my local time).

Finally managed to get number 10 with 181882 points, with 11th place at 180727 (sorry Wanghiking!).

My rant is this: four out of the top ten had 5 yellow!!! Meaning they had no reason to fight to be in the top 10 since they'd be selling the rewards anyway! Checking the four other players below me showed 2 had 4 yellow covers, meaning that they barely missed the opportunity to get yellow fully covered.

I understand many top players grind to help their alliance, but damn, it's really annoying to see people who don't need the covers taking away the opportunity from people who do. I was genuinely relieved to get top 10, but it was a painful process that could be easier if people who don't need the top 10 covers actually cooled down instead.

Don't hate the playa'

goes the saying. They may be doing it for fun. They may be doing it for their guild. They may be doing it for the HP/tokens/ISO. They may just want to watch the world burn as they throw away their hood covers when someone else could use them.
  • The day people really take off for PvE events that doesn't offer a new character is the day you should be seriously worried about the health of this game. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, I've never seen a bracket where you can accidentally come in top 10 no matter how worthless the reward might be. And if you're not shooting for top 10... well, it was never that hard to do well there, but that's outside the 3 3* cover range so you're not getting that much for your effort either.
  • Fineberg wrote:
    As a 2* player in transition mode, I couldn't imagine beating the last node in E.o.t.S, Triumph, without OBW. I could see replacing her with Storm classic maybe?

Also, Cyclops black is the anti-Gorgon. My Cyke is 0/1/2, boosted to lvl 143. And boy, do I hate Gorgon.
    I'm also a transitioner (I have a bunch of 2*'s at 94), and I used HawkStormNeto for this node, every time. I never wiped, and I don't recall even losing a character (though I had a couple close calls).

As long as you get the purple AP for Magneto you're golden.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

Don't hate the playa'

goes the saying. They may be doing it for fun. They may be doing it for their guild. They may be doing it for the HP/tokens/ISO. They may just want to watch the world burn as they throw away their hood covers when someone else could use them.

That's what it was for me. My Hood has been maxed for ages, but PvE has always been the best source of HP, since you don't need shields. Plus, I haven't managed to get a red Cyclops, so I tried my hardest to get the tokens in hope of getting that red cover. Of course I didn't (got a yellow though), but I'm still gonna try.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:

Hey. What happened? I thought you and took999took were going to duke it out for 2nd and that IW Blue. They started their grind around the same time I did, but I didn't see you there with us. Glad I had a buffer because you guys were neck and neck up until grindtime of the last sub.

Congrats guys! icon_e_smile.gif

Ah, IW just hates me man - every time I go for her something happens. This time I had to go out every single day and only managed to grind parts of the last hour for all the subs, and the last night the cat puked all over the house. I'm just doomed never to get her covers. :'(
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I loved this PVE, the survival nodes are my favorites.

I ground out Triumph over and over using 2*Thor, OBW, and Falcon (1/2/1). Was a long match each time, but those long fights made the refresh times go faster. I ground out the Required survival node too with Cyclops, TinyTorch, 2*Wolverine.

Those were my main sources of points for the final grind since I had fallen asleep the night before and missed the final grind of the previous AND the first run through on this final sub. (midnight slice)

Placed 39, with just under 139K points in my bracket.

Overall a very fun event this time around. It did have a pretty relaxed feel to it.

With the Deadpool Daily Quest, I am not nearly as irritated with 8 hour refreshes as I used to be, oddly enough. Thank you MPQ.
  • pabasa130
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

Don't hate the playa'

That's what it was for me. My Hood has been maxed for ages, but PvE has always been the best source of HP, since you don't need shields. Plus, I haven't managed to get a red Cyclops, so I tried my hardest to get the tokens in hope of getting that red cover. Of course I didn't (got a yellow though), but I'm still gonna try.

The HP rewards for 2-10 and 11-50 are exactly the same and top 10 gets an extra 500 ISO. The most valuable difference is the extra one cover. It would be nice and ethical for someone who already has max covers to ease at the last minute and drop to 11-50 and allow people who don't have it covered to get the extra covers.
  • pabasa130
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    pabasa130 wrote:

Don't hate the playa'

The HP rewards for 2-10 and 11-50 are exactly the same and top 10 gets an extra 500 ISO. The most valuable difference is the extra one cover. It would be nice and ethical for someone who already has max covers to ease at the last minute and drop to 11-50 and allow people who don't have it covered to get the extra covers.
  • FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    pabasa130 wrote:
    WolfmanX25 wrote:

*snip*

The HP rewards for Top 10 in subs is 100HP to 50 for Top 50 (there's also the extra Token from Top 2) getting Top 10 in each sub basically forces Top 10 in the main. It's also a lot easier said than done dropping out of the main Top 10...I basically have to just stop playing 1-2 days before then end and even then there's a chance I'd still land Top 10. It sucks that I have to take rewards from people who need them but as long as the game locks the same 1000 guys into each sub there's not much I'm going to do about it because I want Tokens/HP/ISO.