Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

135678

Comments

  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    SirPhobos wrote:
    For the wave nodes that are a one shot deal, better to wait for as long as possible to max out the points or does that hinder you by blocking off nodes you could be running multiple times?

    You can play them multiple times for the points, but the green check means no more rewards.

    ....

    Wow, I had NO idea that was case. I thought once you had a green check it was locked out.

    I've passed on so many points...
  • SirPhobos wrote:
    For the wave nodes that are a one shot deal, better to wait for as long as possible to max out the points or does that hinder you by blocking off nodes you could be running multiple times?

    You can play them multiple times for the points, but the green check means no more rewards.

    ....

    Wow, I had NO idea that was case. I thought once you had a green check it was locked out.

    I've passed on so many points...

    It's just another thing that's not really well tutorialized (made up that word just now). Red check is non repeatable for points. Green check is all available rewards cleaned out but points are still available. Yellow means all the good things are still available.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    It's just another thing that's not really well tutorialized

    It's a perfectly cromulent word.

    Thanks!
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cyclopes wrote:
    Anyone know an estimate of what total points for this will be?

    Going to play it only for the Cyclops progression, want to know if I can wait until the weekend to join or if I need to start picking up points earlier.
    I think you should play now. If only for trying to get survival missions rewards which give you an enemy of the state token if you beat the last ones. Which could mean free cyclops covers. It's really the only reason I'm trying so hard on top of the cyclops progression reward

    Fair point, forgot the waves awarded tokens. I'll just hit those, that should be enough. Thank you and raisinbman.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,718 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Anyone know an estimate of what total points for this will be?

    Going to play it only for the Cyclops progression, want to know if I can wait until the weekend to join or if I need to start picking up points earlier.

    For those that don't remember, the survival essentials reached literal THOUSANDS of points(I remember seeing one for 4k at least) later on in the event. I didn't have Elektra then, but I'm sure glad to have Cyclops now.

    Honestly, if you can do essentials/survival nodes, I wouldn't worry at ALL about progression.
    I hate knowing that since I was unable to get Cyke in the initial event, I'm basically screwed for this one. Those special character nodes make or break this for us relatively new guys.

    Not necessarily. Sure, Essentials are the EASY way to succeed, but not the only way. Then again the survival essentials are nuts, so....

    Also, they give out quite a few event tokens during this. I wouldn't give up just yet, you never know(Just pulled X-Force black from my event token)

    remember drawing her on the final day with 2 hours left i was like ****
  • thanos8587 wrote:
    6 1/2 day event and you need top TWENTY for two covers?? why in the world would they do that? top 50 is doable with the essential without losing sleep grinding, but top 20 out of 1000 is really for the hard of hardcores only. im shaking my head.

    and my first event token was a 2* icon_cry.gif . my streak continues from the last event. help me deadpool, youre my only hope....

    They have corrected this btw, now the top 50 for 2 covers as expected and 150 for 1.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Has anyone else run into this yet? Is Deadpool just messing with me?

    RxJ69N7.jpg

    I have no clue who they went to, dummy account and all.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Has anyone else run into this yet? Is Deadpool just messing with me?

    RxJ69N7.jpg

    I have no clue who they went to, dummy account and all.
    Yes, first event token i collected went to a couple friends
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I remember somebody was asking about point totals - my first clear of the first sub netted 4000-ish points, 10% of the total needed for the Cyclops cover. Points escalate a lot in future subs. If you join with 2-3 days to go you will have no trouble hitting that progression reward.
  • If you "fail" a survival node the timer goes up even though you didn't max your points.

    Es no bueno icon_e_sad.gif!
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    raisinbman wrote:
    If you "fail" a survival node the timer goes up even though you didn't max your points.

    Es no bueno icon_e_sad.gif!
    Yup.
    Sucks.
    Though I do wonder if you wipe before completing wave 1, will the timer even trigger?
  • Vankysher wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:
    If you "fail" a survival node the timer goes up even though you didn't max your points.

    Es no bueno icon_e_sad.gif!
    Yup.
    Sucks.
    Though I do wonder if you wipe before completing wave 1, will the timer even trigger?

    If you wipe out in the first wave, the timer doesn't shift. I downed 2 guys before my low level team up guys were killed.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Red Panda wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Though I do wonder if you wipe before completing wave 1, will the timer even trigger?

    If you wipe out in the first wave, the timer doesn't shift. I downed 2 guys before my low level team up guys were killed.

    Blast it all. Happened again.
    I should just tank the wave if it looks like I'm not going to survive the next 2 waves.
    Aside from that I wonder if it's better to hit the node again or let the timer refresh to full? That's an awful lot of points to leave on the table.
  • good news D3 bought by sega so next character will be a hedgehog
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    First sub was able to do full clears without much issue but I guess scaling has caught up. Barely finishing nodes now. Glad I have 2 full viable teams to throw at them (stormneto/hawk, and thor/obw/daken). Barely finishing some of the survival nodes now. 5 teams of opponents is a lot. Hope since I'm barely finishing now (sometimes with only one standing character left) it doesn't climb too much more or its gonna be messy.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,718 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ludaa wrote:
    Has anyone else run into this yet? Is Deadpool just messing with me?

    RxJ69N7.jpg

    I have no clue who they went to, dummy account and all.


    so people playing on tablets get more then steam players again AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • slidecage wrote:
    Ludaa wrote:
    Has anyone else run into this yet? Is Deadpool just messing with me?

    RxJ69N7.jpg

    I have no clue who they went to, dummy account and all.


    so people playing on tablets get more then steam players again AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

    what about phone players
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Vankysher wrote:
    Aside from that I wonder if it's better to hit the node again or let the timer refresh to full? That's an awful lot of points to leave on the table.
    Well I found out that it adds another 8 hours to the timer seeing as I didn't get the full value of the node in a single pass which I suppose is a time penalty for wiping after the first wave.
  • If the timer didn't increase for a partial clear on survival you'd just clear to the end and hit retreat. It'd still net you way more points over time than anything else.
  • Didn't realize the node in the main sub was going to disappear after the first sub ended, could've gotten more points out of it.