Enemy of the State - Feb 18 - 24

Comments

• RichHurtz wrote:
    I did try using just Cap Rogers in the Cyclops-Required... whatever you call it with Waves. My 3* Cap is 4/5/3 and my Falcon is 2/3/2. Might try giving them and OBW a try sometime, just to see what it's like. I think the big thing for me is just that I've missed out on getting quite a few different new characters while I've been away from the game.

And I started out doing well with my Enemy of the State Tokens. Now I keep getting 2* covers I don't need. icon_e_sad.gif

In the Essential levels i whoop **** with falcon cyclops and ragnarok. Otherwise it is falcon ragnarok and storm mohawk.

As for tokens.. gold tokens to me equal 250 iso thanks to the **** draw rates.
  • Really? Now, I wouldn't have thought to use Ragnarok...
  • RichHurtz wrote:
    Really? Now, I wouldn't have thought to use Ragnarok...

Uh....I wouldn't recommend using Tinykittyrok.

BUT BREAKING NEWS:

IF YOU FINISH A SURVIVAL NODE AFTER THE EVENT "ENDS" YOU CAN GET ALL THE PRIZES YOU ALREADY "EARNED". WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT, YOU MIGHT ASK? MORE cardpack.pngcardpack.pngcardpack.pngcardpack.png
  • Today I learned that it is a bad idea to steal a Konran's Meteor Hammer with Moonstone's Control Shift. Only wish I had CStorm on my team at the time.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    No survival nodes in Hell's Kitchen sub make me a very sad panda... icon_e_sad.gif

I was really enjoying those survival nodes, but someone thought it was a good idea to replace them for some way too cheap 'goons feeding Wolvie and/or Gorgon'-nodes. I'm glad I'm going for a top 50 finish because I only need the HP and a Hood blue basically, otherwise this would be one big pool of frustration I think. I suppose one sub out of six being a bit of pain is not too bad, so I look forward to the next sub (there are more survival nodes there IIRC). Good luck to anyone in Hell's Kitchen going for top 10!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love/hate Gorgon. He's such a jerk of a character with some truly awesome troll abilities. The game needs more "boss" characters like him, that we'll never get to play as.
  • I love/hate Gorgon. He's such a jerk of a character with some truly awesome troll abilities. The game needs more "boss" characters like him, that we'll never get to play as.

I understand why we can't get him but I think we should be able to get a cameo from overpowered boss characters like the original Devil Dinosaur teamup. If you look at Prodigal Sun, all the teamup nodes with Sentry has all your enemies at a mysteriously low level probably to make you feel like you're powerful. Well, why not just have a relatively low point node against your standard high level enemies but you get a level 200 boss character on your side?
  • I'm really happy the Survival Nodes are back. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • This event is going on too long. First time I've got bored of a PvE event for ages.
  • prash wrote:
    This event is going on too long. First time I've got bored of a PvE event for ages.

7 day PVE events aren't new.
  • I'm just clearing everything once, maybe doing another node or two later if I feel like it, and it's gotten me top 100 every sub and hovering around top 50 overall. Granted, my bracket is still only at about 350 people, and I joined it with about 20 hours left in the first sub, but still.

I think the fact that the PVPs have actually had covers a lot of people need, plus the Deadpool PVE, mean a lot of people are just not pushing hard once they have the Cyclops in this one.
  • raisinbman wrote:
    prash wrote:
    This event is going on too long. First time I've got bored of a PvE event for ages.

7 day PVE events aren't new.

In the old days there were even 9.5 day events.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Any truth to that finishing a survival node statement?
  • Trying to do the Survival Node with Cyclops Required is rapidly making me remember the frustration that started pushing me away from the game when I stopped. Two times in a row, I get boards that are complete garbage, and it seems like it's already covered in those damn Countdown Tiles from Teisatsu by turn 3. And then their stupid Attack Tiles keep going spots that are impossible to deal with.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    After I switched to obw and 2* wolv, the nodes were all a cakewalk.
  • Was using 2* Wolvie, OBW, and 3 blackflag.png Cyclops, and still kept getting awful boards. Did at least get through everything.
  • I have had some RIDICULOUSLY good luck with token pulls for this event. I got the 1 cover from the last PVE, then I got 2 from PVP, and I've pulled Cyclops in each of my progression tokens and I shelled out for a 10-pack (because I'm usually stupid) and pulled 4 Cyclops covers! I'm sitting pretty at 4/2/4. I know it's random, but I think the game is trying to make up for the god-awful taco rewards I've been getting. Now if only I didn't hate the character.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I'm just clearing everything once, maybe doing another node or two later if I feel like it, and it's gotten me top 100 every sub and hovering around top 50 overall. Granted, my bracket is still only at about 350 people, and I joined it with about 20 hours left in the first sub, but still.

I think the fact that the PVPs have actually had covers a lot of people need, plus the Deadpool PVE, mean a lot of people are just not pushing hard once they have the Cyclops in this one.

Sounds good to me 2 Hood blues gimme gimme gimme
    Azoic wrote:
    Any truth to that finishing a survival node statement?

Worked for me - obviously the points didn't go toward my node score but instead of getting 20 Iso for completing a survival node, I got the 4 prizes again.

Then again, you probably were asking for someone else to confirm it, not my testimony XD
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Trying to do the Survival Node with Cyclops Required is rapidly making me remember the frustration that started pushing me away from the game when I stopped. Two times in a row, I get boards that are complete garbage, and it seems like it's already covered in those damn Countdown Tiles from Teisatsu by turn 3. And then their stupid Attack Tiles keep going spots that are impossible to deal with.

Falcon beats attack tiles

Hulk dislikes attack tiles immensely
  • I'll need to try using Hulk some more. I've mostly been using Wolvie since he gets boosted.

EDIT: Finally started using Hulk. Holy hell. He's a lifesaver.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using Scott, Steve and Parker Robbins in the survival nodes and it's been a blast. Granted i started with 2 yellow covers with Scott but it helps spam the board with red. Usually i try to keep the reds on the board as long as possible to let Parker steal red from the enemy before i start matching red for Steve. Black is also a good colour to get for Parker to Intimidate Steve (doesnt really make sense) or for Scott to go all visor-off-Optic-blast Gorgon to the next node. Collect blue to stun the goons that turn into smoke before taking them down with the red part of Steve's shield. With Scott boosted, i havent lost a survival node yet but when the board starts off bad, they usually end up with some damage. Usually Scott but more often i end up with minimal damage to them.

Disclaimer: Parker has 5 Blue cards up his sleeve icon_e_smile.gif Hitting this event hard to amass points for alliance, for second Hood and for the lovely Sue Storm.

For the earlier survival nodes in later subs, i use Patch, Laken and Blade. Blade's 5 purple is giggle-inducing when there are enough strike tiles on the board. For subs where Patch is locked out i used Laken, Falcon and Psylocke.