Give us new 1* and 2*

Options
13»

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please, no more 1* and 2* releases. Or at least if there are, please don't make use do a PvE for a 2* and then follow it up where that 2* is an Essential for the next PvE, and a 2* PvP tourney. When I was a 2* player I felt the lack of a 2* with an active Black power, but with Torch and Marvel that has been solved. I can't see the use/need for more 2*'s.

If we need more villains to face, just make them 3*'s like Gorgon. Making them 1* or 2* makes for bad scaling problems, so it is best if new releases as opponents are 3*'s anyway.
  • I'm all for more new whatever * they want to release as long as they cut down HP required for slots and cap it at maybe 500 max.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think Hostes fruit pies Spiderman should be new 1*. Give delicious fruit pies to friends to heal them, give delicious fruit pies to enemies to drain their will to fight! icon_mrgreen.gif

Holy screaming hell, this is hands-down the greatest idea I have ever seen on this entire forum. You sir/madam, deserve a medal. And a fruit pie. icon_lol.gif
  • To all of those who have stated that the reason we lack any new one and two star characters is related to the usefulness of such a character, you are halfway to the answer of how to begin to fix the glaring inequalities and perceived slights each of us spend hours complaining about here so don't stop..... Let me back up for a second and please keep reading.

The top complaints I read here I will paraphrase and list in no particular order.

*Transitions between rarity are too stiff
    *Veterans hold too big an advantage in the open style PvP format
    *Top players hunger for the steady release of new characters to collect and exploit while newer and casual players feel buried in an avalanche of characters they must acquire or be even further handicapped by the multiple ways lacking "essential" type characters can burn you
    *There is nothing left to do/challenge to be met once you hit the character wall but to mindlessly throw ISO into characters you will only use when they rotate into a PvP and inversely, a newer player finds that
    what there is to do beat your head against the wall of superior strength and resources while trying to scratch your way to the character wall so that you too can hit it

Back to the start.. The other half, guys and gals, is to make them so useful veterans have to buy more roster slots to hold them and while we're at it lets just fix every one of those aforementioned complaints. Sound unattainable?

ADD tournaments to this game!!!! This is a competition and while we all want to be the best, we can't be. Where would we be if fighters were thrown into to ring despite weight and skill level. Well you wouldn't know who Floyd Mayweather is, that's for sure! He would be dead from severe trauma. We need a continuous tournament cycle that is broken into rarity class. Make them large or cap them at 12 players, I don't care. Enter for an amount of ISO, most points after 8 hours wins the prize. Again specifics at this juncture are up to you as I doubt I would be paid a cent for doing it for you. Fair prizes for fair play is all we ask and we will stay, I promise!! Good prizes we can all attain damn it!..ie big ISO, tokens, covers one step higher in rarity than the tourney or here's the best part LIMITED EDITIONS that you have to win in balanced competition!

In one little step we all have something exciting AND rewarding to do despite roster strength, stopped newbs from **** about all of the new characters since they are in a price range that doesn't exclude them, made one and two stars relevant and firtle again allowing expansion out not just up, evened the field almost completely, sold an ungodly amount of roster slots, eliminated the unbearable doldrum that is the two/three star transition and made me personally DAMN HAPPY! Now what can be wrong with that?

P.S. All done without any change to gameplay mechanics or characters.