Give us new 1* and 2*

Options

Comments

• I posted it in the suggestions forum, but how I'd like to see them add a new 1* would be to make Bag-Man as a new 1*, with all of the 2* Bag-Man's skills, then replace current Bag-Man's skillset with those from the 3* Spider-Man, then make new skills for 3* Spider-Man based around the symbiote suit or Superior version or Iron Spider or something. People with the existing Bag-Man would simply have his skills replaced with Classic Spidey's, people with Classic Spidey would get the new skillset, then people could collect or not collect the new 1* Bag-Man per their choice.
  • ynglink wrote:
    With the release of the PvE Daily's now, I think they should add 2 or 3 new 1 stars to the roster. Since we'll be required to use 1 stars for this every day, might as well give us some more options than just Juggin' it up

This!

If 1 star.png characters are to be required in the daily event (which I don't mind at all) then it would be really cool to get a few more 1 star.png heros (and villains?).

But I do agree with the others that Prof. X needs to be 4 star.png, or the first 5 star.png
  • I agree with new 1* and 2*s, even tho I am in 3* land, i still have a MBW with maxed stun that I sent to my mate for team ups. If the skills are great, awesome, I'll get it, if not, it gives me a breather from buying HP slots for new characters.
  • Let's get everyone a third ability first but once that's doen, I fully support this. I also like the new deadpool daily forcing you to use the 1 and 2* characters and think there should be more of that.
  • As for character ideas, there's plenty of lesser characters that could be 1*s. Phil Coulson, Maria Hill, Mockingbird, Black Cat, Toad, Shanna the She-Devil, Wrecking Crew, Absorbing Man, Egghead, Pyro, Jigsaw, Sif, etc. There's plenty of supporting cast characters out there that fit the 1* mold.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I posted it in the suggestions forum, but how I'd like to see them add a new 1* would be to make Bag-Man as a new 1*, with all of the 2* Bag-Man's skills, then replace current Bag-Man's skillset with those from the 3* Spider-Man, then make new skills for 3* Spider-Man based around the symbiote suit or Superior version or Iron Spider or something. People with the existing Bag-Man would simply have his skills replaced with Classic Spidey's, people with Classic Spidey would get the new skillset, then people could collect or not collect the new 1* Bag-Man per their choice.

I like this idea you have. That would be quite nice, although that one guy out there with a level 94 Bag Man is going to need a refund on his Iso expenditure or something... icon_e_wink.gif
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could see a 2* harry and 3* Norman, ala Ms Marvel and Captain Marvel.

I just don't want it. More 3 and 4's, please. Just make them properly. No more Doc Ocks or Beasts.
  • I think this game lacks other game content rather than characters. It would be way better if they took ~3 months off from releasing characters and develop some new game content similar to the Daily Deadpool Event.
  • El Satanno wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    I posted it in the suggestions forum, but how I'd like to see them add a new 1* would be to make Bag-Man as a new 1*, with all of the 2* Bag-Man's skills, then replace current Bag-Man's skillset with those from the 3* Spider-Man, then make new skills for 3* Spider-Man based around the symbiote suit or Superior version or Iron Spider or something. People with the existing Bag-Man would simply have his skills replaced with Classic Spidey's, people with Classic Spidey would get the new skillset, then people could collect or not collect the new 1* Bag-Man per their choice.

I like this idea you have. That would be quite nice, although that one guy out there with a level 94 Bag Man is going to need a refund on his Iso expenditure or something... icon_e_wink.gif

No, he'd just have a Level 94 classic Spidey. the 1* Bag-Man would be the new character, and the existing 2*s would adopt the new powerset (which would be the same as the old 3*s powerset) and the existing 3*s would get the entirely new one. I may not have explained it clearly.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:
    No, he'd just have a Level 94 classic Spidey. the 1* Bag-Man would be the new character, and the existing 2*s would adopt the new powerset (which would be the same as the old 3*s powerset) and the existing 3*s would get the entirely new one. I may not have explained it clearly.

It was just a joke, my friend. I don't sincerely believe anyone out there actually has a level 94 Bag-Man, let alone would be demanding recompense for changes to this character.

But it is funny to contemplate. Some sad individual, huddled over his/her phone, weeping gently..."Why did they do this to my Bag-Man?!" icon_lol.gif
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    El Satanno wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    El Satanno wrote:

It was just a joke, my friend. I don't sincerely believe anyone out there actually has a level 94 Bag-Man, let alone would be demanding recompense for changes to this character.

But it is funny to contemplate. Some sad individual, huddled over his/her phone, weeping gently..."Why did they do this to my Bag-Man?!" icon_lol.gif

I actually did just see a maxed out bag-man. It made me smile.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm kinda going the other way here.....

I believe 1*s are for the beginners. Lets them get into the game and learn to play. Then the 2*s will keep a player busy for a few months. Progression can't be too fast, or players will get bored rather quickly. Then, after a player has learned how it all works, (as much as we can figure out anyway, there are some parts of this game I still have know idea whats going on), then they begin the 3* transition.

Having more 1* would mean they need more covers and more iso. Which would make progression insanely slow, which would make players get bored with it and just quit.

Personally, I think the # of 1* and 2*s is fine. With the exception of certain characters though. There are a couple Marvel characters that would make interesting character additions in the game, but if released should only be 1*.

One thing I really want to see is some of the 1* made into 3*, or even 4* versions. (not lazy versions either). Like Juggs and Venom. These 2 guys are powerful. They could be made into awesome 3* characters easy.

• Having more 1* would mean they need more covers and more iso. Which would make progression insanely slow, which would make players get bored with it and just quit.

A 1* requires between 18K and 28K Iso to be maxed. Which is not much.

Getting the same 1* tokens over and over again is more boring than anything else. More 1* does not make sense if you don't use them. Now that we use them in Deadpool Daily, it's fun to use them again. Considering DDQ would last, it would be fun to play with other 1*s or 2*s.

One thing I really want to see is some of the 1* made into 3*, or even 4* versions. (not lazy versions either). Like Juggs and Venom. These 2 guys are powerful. They could be made into awesome 3* characters easy.

Agreed. We were complaining when we were getting Lazy characters some months ago, but I'd like to see a 3* Hawkeye, Jug and Venom too.
  • ynglink
    ynglink Posts: 195
    Options
    As a new 1*, I would want it to be a villain. Like Rhino or Toad for example.
  • I'd just like if they released more 1"/2* villains to fight against, instead of the usual Jugg/Ares/Daken combos over and over again..
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'd love it if they would re-jigged the prologue now that they've expanded from only doing Dark Reign to the whole Marvel universe.

I mean, their character list is getting quite extensive, so character/comic universe specific chapters could be used to give the characters more context and provide understanding for those people that don't know the comic.

For example, you could have a x-men chapter, an avenger chapter, a guardians chapter... introduce both new villains and a range of one/two stars through that. I mean you could even run through pivotal moments, or comics - obviously not in great detail. Even potential to do comedic what if missions.... Could even break reality and have 2* fight against their 3* counterpart.... be interesting on some level. It would allow focus reward for those characters and stuff - so the time to build the character would be lessened or at least easier to obtain (though roster slot problem would exist really early). Could even overlap the difficulty, so the first few chapters were one orientated, second two, third three star..... somehow. That'd be awesome.

I know it won't happen, because it's a free game and you don't buy the prologue chapters so it wouldn't be worth the investment. But it'd be cool. Only way I could see it happening is through priced bundles or something...but how marketable is that?

For those wanting variety they are introducing new villains slowly, The Hand and Gorgon. Think that is something they're working on. Had Doom and Mystique in the Groot event too.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Having more 1* would mean they need more covers and more iso. Which would make progression insanely slow, which would make players get bored with it and just quit.

A 1* requires between 18K and 28K Iso to be maxed. Which is not much.

Seriously? That's it? icon_lol.gif It's been so long since I leveled any 1*s,( last spring). I had forgotten how cheap they are. But then, I never knew the actual amount needed anyways. Heck, even a newbie player can get 30k iso in a week now with Lightning Rounds and DDQs.

So, Mr. arktos1971, you have convinced me. I retract my comment. icon_e_biggrin.gif

But if we are going for new 1*s, I want to vote for a 1* Bone Claw Wolverine.
  • I think Hostes fruit pies Spiderman should be new 1*. Give delicious fruit pies to friends to heal them, give delicious fruit pies to enemies to drain their will to fight! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • In many games, the "common" rarity is the one where you usually find the biggest number of items.

In MPQ, this is the opposite.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 2* Elektra would be a hell of a lot more useful than the 4* one we have. Would give 2*-land a decent Purple/Black output and she might see use in PvE. Star-Lord for that matter would be a good 2* transition character too.