The Hunt: Ares

Comments

• Bullseye wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    PhantomFO wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Man that last mission is...difficult.
    Yeah. Apparently Ragnarok wasn't actually nerfed. He just gave all of his power to Ares.

Word. Ares powers are intense. Especially on defense.

Max lvl Spidey/Hulk/Punisher and I leave full health every time.

My spidey only has 2 Blue so far. I'm about to get my 3rd blue cover and then I should be able to handle the battle better. Might blow some HP on spidey's cover. My punisher is only low 70s and my hulk is only mid 60s, same with spidey.
  • Unless you're trying to fight Ares without using boosted character, his level 240 is there to cancel out the fact that your own characters are massively boosted. Sure, he will eat any non boosted character for breakfast, but that's what you'd expect with a level 240 characters against any normal character. There's no doubt Ares has incredible offense potential, but that's why all his ability basically requires hurting himself in some way (give AP to other team, low on health, hurts self).

I can see Ares being quite intimidating on defense, since you always start with full HP and don't have to worry about hurting yourself in the long run. It'd be far more problematic on the offense where you've to decide whether to heal him up or not.
  • Ares is ** so fits exactly the usual way in prize ladder. Ok, he's new but will be as common as the other guy in a few weeks, and you'll open his redundant covers from gold and even gray tokens.

The character itself looks interesting. Just fought him in Hunt, got some extremely bad board lacking green for like 25 turns, barely won with last man with ~100 pts. icon_e_smile.gif. And ares tried all his abilities on me. Likely will use him for good.

But now wish to get some Punisher covers first, espeially a black have at 0 now while it's the coolest looking ability. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Just came out of the second last repeatable, game updates and now both of the last two repeatables have changed. Ares is in both now instead of just the last mission, Invisible Woman is required in The New Guy instead of Hawkeye and Hulk is required in Last of Em instead of IW. ****? Not complaining just not sure why it changed.
  • Beowulf wrote:
    Just came out of the second last repeatable, game updates and now both of the last two repeatables have changed. Ares is in both now instead of just the last mission, Invisible Woman is required in The New Guy instead of Hawkeye and Hulk is required in Last of Em instead of IW. ****? Not complaining just not sure why it changed.

Strange ... how it changed for you is how it has been for me the entire time!
  • Beowulf wrote:
    Just came out of the second last repeatable, game updates and now both of the last two repeatables have changed. Ares is in both now instead of just the last mission, Invisible Woman is required in The New Guy instead of Hawkeye and Hulk is required in Last of Em instead of IW. ****? Not complaining just not sure why it changed.

Those first settings are from the original Hunt. They probably did not intend for that.
  • Having to use Bagwoman against level 240's .... so cruel! This is going to suck...

Edit: I won ... very ugly , boosted level 35 invis woman , 73 OBW , 141 Punisher ... play of the game goes to ... GRANT INVISIBILITY ...it totally saved my OBW so she could get another heal off to save punisher a few times.
  • I don't have a problem with the nerfing of Rags, but man how the mighty have fallen. Doing the stragglers mission with him and he unloads both abilities onto my level 70 something Hulk boosted for the event and doesn't manage trigger Hulk's passive ability once. Hulk was so unangry he may in fact have turned back into Banner.

Meanwhile poor Hawkeye couldn't get off a single ability. For the love of god man I want to like him, but you got to meet me half way and let me place those damn countdown tiles, they're not going to go off if the computer keeps putting them in the center in a fight with Rags.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Uhhm..
    Im terribly sorry to post this here, because Im 100% sure this was written somewhere already, im just unable to fund the post again :/

How does mission refresh work with the hunt or better with its subquests?
    Every 8 hours again, or not at all, or..? :3
  • My game keeps changing each time I login, first time I had the Hulk pvp and the Hunt with Capt. America boosted. The second time I logged in the Hulk pvp was gone and Thor was boosted as well as all of the missions had different levels. Third time, I now have the Hulk pvp again.

What gives?
  • nihilium wrote:
    Uhhm..
    Im terribly sorry to post this here, because Im 100% sure this was written somewhere already, im just unable to fund the post again :/

Mission refresh..like when can you repeat them? Besides 2 or 3 that are available for repeat, you can't.
  • Emotive wrote:
    My game keeps changing each time I login, first time I had the Hulk pvp and the Hunt with Capt. America boosted. The second time I logged in the Hulk pvp was gone and Thor was boosted as well as all of the missions had different levels. Third time, I now have the Hulk pvp again.

What gives?

From what I have been reading, they had a minor problem with the Hunt and the update reverted back to earlier game play. You are back on the right track again.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Bullseye wrote:
    nihilium wrote:
    Uhhm..

Mission refresh..like when can you repeat them? Besides 2 or 3 that are available for repeat, you can't.

Ohh, kk thankies :3

That pretty much means, that rubberbanding isnt much of an issue this time, right? o.o
    So I kinda can do whatever quests I like whenever I can, without sucking at the event because of that? :3
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    You optimist!

Rubberbanding will go mental as the sub events progress. See that 80k top reward? We are actuall expected to aim for it.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    nihilium wrote:
    Ohh, kk thankies :3

That pretty much means, that rubberbanding isnt much of an issue this time, right? o.o
    So I kinda can do whatever quests I like whenever I can, without sucking at the event because of that? :3

Yep - the most you can do for points is repeat which ever of the few final repeatable battles you can do (I've not been terribly brave with the monster fights personally!), though if you look at the event rewards there's not really much pressure anyway as you can get 1-2 Ares fairly easily and they rotate his colours between maps so you'll get them all!

I think everyone who tries will get a full set of 13 Ares covers just playing casually this week. icon_cool.gif
    The 1k ISO is quite forthcoming too, not to mention the HP being generous.

I don't like The Hunt itself as much as The Hulk event - because you get a dozen one-off easy matches rather than half-a-dozen that are guaranteed (with persistence) to each yield 600 ISO and a token, plus the escalation at the end is a bit bonkers - but I do very much like how D3 have adapted it for a new character and been incredibly generous with his covers.

I expect this cannot be a pattern for less-than-3* character introductions in the future (though that would be awesome), but it feels quite like an MMO subscriber/living story/loyalty-reward type affair that everyone playing this week only (I assume!) gets a fully-powered Ares. icon_e_geek.gif
  • Man, trying to beat a 240 daken with a wolverine.... his strike tiles are insane ;_; I need a new plan hehe.
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Man, trying to beat a 240 daken with a wolverine.... his strike tiles are insane ;_; I need a new plan hehe.

Loki!
  • I'm still just sitting in the first sub. First in my bracket, and I'm willing to forgo florida to focus on getting first here. Once I'm done with this event, I'll be targeting a first finish in Savage Lands. =D Then, maybe I'll do Florida for the free iso.
  • Kyosokun wrote:
    I'm still just sitting in the first sub. First in my bracket, and I'm willing to forgo florida to focus on getting first here. Once I'm done with this event, I'll be targeting a first finish in Savage Lands. =D Then, maybe I'll do Florida for the free iso.
    That's a good plan. I've been playing this one horribly so far.
  • I'm finding it's a lot less difficult than the big ladder on hulk. 1st overall, 1st in Alaska, 2nd in Florida, 1st in Savage...by a few hundred points on each.