Deadpool vs MPQ Jan. 11-15

Options
1235»

Comments

• Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    In the node "Brotherhood of misfits", the 'goons' are receiving a green ap every turn even though they don't use green... Is that supposed to happen? I noticed when I was keeping green from them but Juggs was still shooting off his Unstoppable Force (or whatever its called).
    Have a screen shot I'll upload when I can.
    The devs have all the goons feeding AP even if they don't have an ability in that color.
    Hence why Juggs gets to launch Unstoppable crash every 2-3 turns.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Nymr83 wrote:
    Very easy top 10 here. i cleared both subs once as soon as they started, spent about 45 minutes somewhere in the middle, then pounded them for the last hour each. is this a result of an easy bracket? easy event? or just the top prize being the 4-star character that plays like a 1-star?
    I'm not having an easy time as going through most of the nodes results in somebody or everyone being downed or whittled down to a few hundred HP resulting in rapid health pack use.
    Was in top 10 but wiping a few times early in the 2nd sub before going to bed didn't help as I fell all the way down to the 40s as I gave up to let health packs regenerate.
    Guess that's the cost of trying not to iso-boost through most of the nodes...though I find the Sentry/Daken/Pyro node much too difficult without iso-boosting and it still results in needing to use health packs.

I've got a maxed 2* roster for context with no real useable 3*s yet,

yeah i boosted purple/blue for magneto/storm on the Juggernaut/Daken/Doom nodes and the final node (final node i also boosted yellow/red for Ares)

I looked at it as "buying" 3 human torch covers for some iso, boosts are much cheaper than tokens or health packs!
  • Does anyone remember when the last time slice ends?
  • erniedog wrote:
    Does anyone remember when the last time slice ends?

I think it's 3 am Eastern time, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    thanos8587 wrote:
    Vankysher wrote:
    Last node of Hulk/DP/Devil Dino looks daunting for yhe sheer amount of health to chew through. Even with a boosted Ares & 3/1/2 Doom my offense seems very slow. Any suggestions?

stuns. lots of stuns. hawkeye electric arrow and i brought in a 1* bw teamup and a dd teamup. stunned both and unloaded on hulk. hogged green and finished off dino with a big ares onslaught.

I have a really important suggestion here - do not take down the Hulk before Devil Dinosaur. Since they're using the "Classic" version of Devil Dinosaur rather than "Gigantic Reptile" his "Prehistoric Bite" is godawful. Fortunately the computer will frequently choose to use Thunderous Clap instead. First time I ever did this node I made that mistake and it was over in three unlucky turns.

This time around I whittled down DD until he was about at Deadpool's level, took down Deadpool, then went back for DD. After this it was just taking down the Hulk - either stun him or else save up your big guns until you can take him down in one turn.
  • The final node isn't really hard beyond having the highest base level and that if you didn't notice Devil Dino is the non playable version who is actually very strong you could get tripped up. You pretty much have to defend green the whole time, and once DP is down there should be almost no way to lose as long as they can't get green. You don't need stuns or AP steal or anything fancy as long as they can't get green but fancy tricks do help if you get unlucky on the greens. You'll take less damage for taking a Smash if it drained enough green to prevent a Prehistoric Bite later, so don't worry too much about the red after Deadpool is downed.
  • **** SERIOUS BUG:

2*Magneto's purpleflag.png can overwrite CERTAIN countdown tiles!!!!

On my screen it's showing iso-8 injection tiles that I can overwrite(and also iso-8 injections I can't overwrite)

Maybe it has something to do with doom trap tiles being disarmed then replaced???

I mean I'm not complaining, Stormneto just got even better XD
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just died in the most BSy way possible.
    BP, Patch and 3* Thor against Doom. 166, 166 and 153 respectively. Should be fairly simply against the level 100ish characters. My guys are kinda wounded from previous fights, but no biggie.

I crawl my way up to 12 blacks and I have 7 green. BP has about 6000 health and he makes a move that cascades into the last green I need.

Doom makes a move that creates an L-shape. And from that L-shape another L shape shows up. The two critical tiles land next to each other and form a horizontal 5. That critical tile them makes a 4. Black Panther is down. Over 6000 damage from one cascade.

So since he then uses Summon Demons I'm no way going to use Patch's green, so I save up for Call the Thunger. I get a green match. Wolverine's stunned, cascaded down to 1000 health and then finished off with Doom's attack tiles.

And now there are 7 greens on the board. I make the only available match. A couple of countdown timers go off, Summon Demons happens again and 4 moves later Thor dies with 13 green, 9 yellow and 8 red. Fan-freakin-tastic.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, inevitably, the points that weren't awarded are the difference between a t10 and t20 finish. So I expect I'll be appropriately compensated, right? Right?
    Anyone... Customer services...
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    The final node isn't really hard beyond having the highest base level and that if you didn't notice Devil Dino is the non playable version who is actually very strong you could get tripped up. You pretty much have to defend green the whole time, and once DP is down there should be almost no way to lose as long as they can't get green. You don't need stuns or AP steal or anything fancy as long as they can't get green but fancy tricks do help if you get unlucky on the greens. You'll take less damage for taking a Smash if it drained enough green to prevent a Prehistoric Bite later, so don't worry too much about the red after Deadpool is downed.

Thank you! After getting destroyed by this node the first time around, I replayed it the way you outlined. Much easier the second time around. Thanks again.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Trisul wrote:
    Interesting... who is your highest leveled guy, and what level is that node for you?

My highest characters are right now 2*Cap, 2*Thor, 2*AWolv, LCap, Colossus all at lvl 71.
    All my 2* are max covered except for the second OBW I decided to build since I abuse her the most in PvE.
    That node is now 103/104/104 for me after wiping 3 times.
    Sorry it didn't work for you. You should definitely max MMN and cStorm for PvE and hard PvP fights prior to shielding (if you shield at all in a given event, they are horrendous on defense).
    That's them unboosted, as you can see, Colossus took quite some damage, but my scaling is also much higher, if it were lower, I would probably make do with 2* Marvel or mHawkeye.

iCupGoUl.png