Deadpool vs MPQ Jan. 11-15

Options

Comments

• FierceKiwi
    FierceKiwi Posts: 505 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I take out Fury first but I can see the risk of leaving the Pyro around to feed GSBW. It's pretty rare for the AI to save that long for Sniper Rifle though and overwhelmingly drops the Flamethrower tile before getting to 19G.
  • Am I the only one who finds it weird that CMags is on the heroes side in this one?
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds it weird that CMags is on the heroes side in this one?

Technically in the game story (Episode 4, ISO-8 Brotherhood) Magneto turns on Osborn to work with SHIELD...so I guess that Magneto is a "good" one now! icon_e_wink.gif
  • I know moonstone has the rep of being pretty useless but I started sticking her in with doom and ares for this event and she works like a charm. She's an automatic safety net for a red heavy board in the beginning. If you can't match purple, black or green then go for red. Then forget about it and wait til the board refills with red. Ten or more reds on the board, she'll one shot most characters. I know she's boosted in this instance but I only have her at level 46 so she's not exactly on roids. Has anyone else had good luck with her?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Progression was nice and low, I think I'll run three times in first sub after hitting progression. Wish they were 24 hour subs, as I also hit every reward in every sub some time ago - nothing left to grind for but the end events. Continuing 200 iso / heroic / 25hp / 500 iso rotation every 10K beyond progression would give something else to look forward to (sort of), giving a sense of accomplishment without breaking the D3 bank I would think....
  • Just hit the doom node on the second sub...ummm, no. Lasted about 7 turns before I ran for the door. A fully covered doom has got to be the hardest 3 star I've encountered yet against the AI. Especially being goon fed ap.
  • dtrpath3 wrote:
    Just hit the doom node on the second sub...ummm, no. Lasted about 7 turns before I ran for the door. A fully covered doom has got to be the hardest 3 star I've encountered yet against the AI. Especially being goon fed ap.

Doom isn't that hard but Doombots do 2 blue/black a turn which is tailored to Doom's strengths, and Technopathic Strike benefits greatly from the free AP since its normal weakness is that to generate enough blue AP to use it you end up taking away a lot of blue tiles for it to work, but no such problems exist when the AP is free.

Doombots have very low HPs and sometimes it makes more sense to try to get rid of them first than Doom himself.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Last node of Hulk/DP/Devil Dino looks daunting for yhe sheer amount of health to chew through. Even with a boosted Ares & 3/1/2 Doom my offense seems very slow. Any suggestions?
  • Vankysher wrote:
    Last node of Hulk/DP/Devil Dino looks daunting for yhe sheer amount of health to chew through. Even with a boosted Ares & 3/1/2 Doom my offense seems very slow. Any suggestions?

Hulk/Devil Dino are supposed to take a long time to kill. That's about all they do. Just make sure you can drop Deadpool relatively quickly and then focus on collecting AP for a while so you won't get depressed at how slowly their health is moving.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone else seeing their points not getting added to their event scores? I've seen other people discussing it in previous PvEs but not this one (or not until now).

Also - and this is anecdotal - is PvE more unstable than PvP? I've had the game reset in the middle of a match multiple time in each of the last few PvEs costing me points, time, health packs... is it a PvE thing or is it just a general instability but the play styles are different?
  • AXP_isme wrote:
    Anyone else seeing their points not getting added to their event scores? I've seen other people discussing it in previous PvEs but not this one (or not until now).

Also - and this is anecdotal - is PvE more unstable than PvP? I've had the game reset in the middle of a match multiple time in each of the last few PvEs costing me points, time, health packs... is it a PvE thing or is it just a general instability but the play styles are different?

I've had this happen - I'm clicking the enemy to rearrange them then, boom, game shuts down. I think to myself - maybe a patch? Then I get back in game and my characters are at 60% health for no reason. Fun.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Edit - already been recommended but why not reiterate.
    I suggest cStorm/mHawkeye/MMN for the Hulk/Dino node if you got nothing better. Polarity Shift into Wind Storm into Speed Shot. Especially if you equip a cheap strike tile TUp.
    If you have a good third with yellow and/or black skills, use them instead of Hawkeye: Hood (helps accelerate, has a yellow nuke, can speed up Magnetic Flux), Black Panther (tanks yellow and blue, has strike tiles and a black AoE), Colossus (tanks on yellow, has a red AoE, can throw cStorm and protect her from incoming damage. Throwing Storm into a free Wind Storm is very satisfying. Lightning Storm is also not shabby at all if you have green AP), Luke Cage (free protect tiles, heavy yellow/black damage).
    I guess it leaves Miss Marvel for 2*s. She tanks yellow for cStorm and red for MMN. While her yellow does not synergize with Polarity Shift or Lightning Storm, you can use it later after those skills (equip a good TUp), or, on the opposite, rush yellow and TUAP if the board lacks purple and blue initially, her yellow skills both floods the board with TU tiles and can help in removing a lot of TU tiles at once.
    Don't forget to stun Hulk. Ares is risky since you end up giving green to the enemy with a ton of health. Dino's bites are no joke for that cost and Hulk's green is a cascade machine waiting to happen.
  • thanos8587
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:

stuns. lots of stuns. hawkeye electric arrow and i brought in a 1* bw teamup and a dd teamup. stunned both and unloaded on hulk. hogged green and finished off dino with a big ares onslaught.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    Very easy top 10 here. i cleared both subs once as soon as they started, spent about 45 minutes somewhere in the middle, then pounded them for the last hour each. is this a result of an easy bracket? easy event? or just the top prize being the 4-star character that plays like a 1-star?
  • Vankysher
    Options
    Nymr83 wrote:
    Very easy top 10 here. i cleared both subs once as soon as they started, spent about 45 minutes somewhere in the middle, then pounded them for the last hour each. is this a result of an easy bracket? easy event? or just the top prize being the 4-star character that plays like a 1-star?
    I'm not having an easy time as going through most of the nodes results in somebody or everyone being downed or whittled down to a few hundred HP resulting in rapid health pack use.
    Was in top 10 but wiping a few times early in the 2nd sub before going to bed didn't help as I fell all the way down to the 40s as I gave up to let health packs regenerate.
    Guess that's the cost of trying not to iso-boost through most of the nodes...though I find the Sentry/Daken/Pyro node much too difficult without iso-boosting and it still results in needing to use health packs.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    I'm not having an easy time as going through most of the nodes results in somebody or everyone being downed or whittled down to a few hundred HP resulting in rapid health pack use.
    Was in top 10 but wiping a few times early in the 2nd sub before going to bed didn't help as I fell all the way down to the 40s as I gave up to let health packs regenerate.
    Guess that's the cost of trying not to iso-boost through most of the nodes...though I find the Sentry/Daken/Pyro node much too difficult without iso-boosting and it still results in needing to use health packs.
    It's worth iso boosting, since at that point I'd rather spend Iso for boosts vs. HP for health packs. I can always win that iso back, getting a cover back is much harder.
  • Vankysher
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Edit - already been recommended but why not reiterate.
    I suggest cStorm/mHawkeye/MMN for the Hulk/Dino node if you got nothing better. Polarity Shift into Wind Storm into Speed Shot. Especially if you equip a cheap strike tile TUp.
    If you have a good third with yellow and/or black skills, use them instead of Hawkeye: Hood (helps accelerate, has a yellow nuke, can speed up Magnetic Flux), Black Panther (tanks yellow and blue, has strike tiles and a black AoE), Colossus (tanks on yellow, has a red AoE, can throw cStorm and protect her from incoming damage. Throwing Storm into a free Wind Storm is very satisfying. Lightning Storm is also not shabby at all if you have green AP), Luke Cage (free protect tiles, heavy yellow/black damage).
    I guess it leaves Miss Marvel for 2*s. She tanks yellow for cStorm and red for MMN. While her yellow does not synergize with Polarity Shift or Lightning Storm, you can use it later after those skills (equip a good TUp), or, on the opposite, rush yellow and TUAP if the board lacks purple and blue initially, her yellow skills both floods the board with TU tiles and can help in removing a lot of TU tiles at once.
    Don't forget to stun Hulk. Ares is risky since you end up giving green to the enemy with a ton of health. Dino's bites are no joke for that cost and Hulk's green is a cascade machine waiting to happen.

Yeah my lvl 65 MNMags, lvl 62 cStorm & lvl 66 Cage wiped. Iso-boosted blurple & b/g & critical tiles 125%.
    Summon demons whittled away MNMags that match damage did him in.
    Cage was bitten once & downed. cStorm got bit too.
    Only positive is that DP was downed and I had Hulk stun locked the entire way.
    Got close but this node being ~50 lvls higher is making it more just hoping the board falls my way even if I am boosted.
    Guess I'm just going to have to skip that node.
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vankysher wrote:
    Yeah my lvl 65 MNMags, lvl 62 cStorm & lvl 66 Cage wiped. Iso-boosted blurple & b/g & critical tiles 125%.
    Summon demons whittled away MNMags that match damage did him in.
    Cage was bitten once & downed. cStorm got bit too.
    Only positive is that DP was downed and I had Hulk stun locked the entire way.
    Got close but this node being ~50 lvls higher is making it more just hoping the board falls my way even if I am boosted.
    Guess I'm just going to have to skip that node.
    Interesting... who is your highest leveled guy, and what level is that node for you?
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the node "Brotherhood of misfits", the 'goons' are receiving a green ap every turn even though they don't use green... Is that supposed to happen? I noticed when I was keeping green from them but Juggs was still shooting off his Unstoppable Force (or whatever its called).
    Have a screen shot I'll upload when I can.
  • Vankysher
    Options
    Trisul wrote:
    Interesting... who is your highest leveled guy, and what level is that node for you?

My highest characters are right now 2*Cap, 2*Thor, 2*AWolv, LCap, Colossus all at lvl 71.
    All my 2* are max covered except for the second OBW I decided to build since I abuse her the most in PvE.
    That node is now 103/104/104 for me after wiping 3 times.