*** Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) ***

Comments

• Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Also what's the cap number on the total 3s that are gonna be in the game, good lord.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ew. They picked the wrong Squirrel.
    Picking the worst version that hasn't even run for 6 issues.... Demi confirmed for knowing jack all about comics...
    3203019-squirrel_girl_full_artwork.png
    Same character, different art style.
  • Dayv
    Note: I'm taking a long break from this game, but Squirrel Girl isn't the trigger. Heroic Oscorp returning might be part of it, though.
  • PPPlaya wrote:
    ...... Also on that note, defense tiles are NOT fun. They might be ok if they half the damage. Say every defense tile prevents 10% of the damage. But what's happening recently is that in an effort to make defense tile abilities playable they instantly reduce the matchdamage to 1. It's not fun to match for 1 every time. Look at colossus if you want to see how defense tiles should be done......

OMG, yes. Defensive tiles are so NOT fun.

Squirrel Girl.... well, I don't know much about her and don't really care. Heroic events suck; PvE sucks and I don't have the Hero Points for a new roster slot. Yes, I'm overly negative.

Side note: My 5 person alliance has now become a 4 person alliance. Everyone has just about given up on this game and no longer plays; the one who did play every day left us, so now we're down to 4, with my being the only daily player.
  • To think if they renamed all of her abilities and changed the cover to one of 'The Thing' I'd love this character hahaha

Skills seem average, not top tier either pvp or pve so no hurry. But who knows, maybe the 5th of each cover make her a 4* in a 3* body
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    tobi69 wrote:
    she looks nasty n even her name sounds nasty.
    apowhatever.. i bet even marvel won't dare make her a movie.
    fanbase? on U.S prolly
    fact : the rest of the world only know spidey, capt.america, iron man, xmen cs (all the classic chars) as marvel brand.
    Wanna get some new or old customers (back) playing the game, stick on classic chars. nuff said.
    2012: Fanbase- Guardians of the Galaxy? Prolly not even the U.S. Now, yeah, Rocket Racoon is popular.

With good direction, most characters work. There are bad writers, but few bad characters.

Let the game diversify characters. It's good for the game. Squirrel Girl isn't far off of Deadpool. A comedy character. She's not as popular with many would-be alpha male types, but that's probably okay.

If you need to skip this PVE, by all means, but I have a sneaking suspicion that pretty much all the people complaining in this thread and saying they won't waste the HP on her... will be playing this PVE hard. I got top ten in the PVE for Human Torch, but I'm currently at 56 in this (publicly loathed) Heroic with equal play. Maybe lots of people actually just love heroics. Or maybe players are compulsive regardless how much they say they hate some character.
  • I love me some Squirrel Girl so I'm glad she's in the game. Yeah she's a niche character and a bit of a novelty, but did you miss the part where we already got the talking raccoon/tree combo? I'm ready for Howard the Duck anytime now icon_cool.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith wrote:
    With Hawkeye and Deadpool already on board and now Squirrel Girl, we could be looking to assemble the whole Great Lakes Avengers! Now you can look forward to Monkey Joe, Big Bertha, Flatman, Doorman... icon_lol.gif
    They could do Leather Boy in his Dr Doom outfit.
    Just saying.
  • Dayv
    Her in-game art is... kind of disturbing. Her face is like an awkward cross between the glossy, "realistic" style of most characters and the cartoonish art of her new series. I don't have a problem with the art in the comic, but this mixture is odd.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2015
    Square wrote:
    tobi69 wrote:
    fanbase? on U.S prolly
    fact : the rest of the world only know spidey, capt.america, iron man, xmen cs (all the classic chars) as marvel brand.
    Wanna get some new or old customers (back) playing the game, stick on classic chars. nuff said.
    2012: Fanbase- Guardians of the Galaxy? Prolly not even the U.S. Now, yeah, Rocket Racoon is popular.

With good direction, most characters work. There are bad writers, but few bad characters.

Let the game diversify characters. It's good for the game. Squirrel Girl isn't far off of Deadpool. A comedy character. She's not as popular with many would-be alpha male types, but that's probably okay.

If you need to skip this PVE, by all means, but I have a sneaking suspicion that pretty much all the people complaining in this thread and saying they won't waste the HP on her... will be playing this PVE hard. I got top ten in the PVE for Human Torch, but I'm currently at 56 in this (publicly loathed) Heroic with equal play. Maybe lots of people actually just love heroics. Or maybe players are compulsive regardless how much they say they hate some character.

Funny, i always see u posting everytime D3 under pressure icon_e_wink.gif
    complaining n hating? on which part of my statement? well, i'm an F2P, so i don't care actually ... and i'm actually mocking (not just d3 but marvel as well),lol.
    "Squirrel Girl isn't far off of Deadpool" .. smart analysis, even by design they're far, comparing a cool looking ninja with a fat squirrell girl (r u a ****?) + rumors sez deadpool save marvel **** in the 90's.
    Skip this PVE? geez stfu man, i'm not mentioning any PVE word. U prolly see me top 10 no matter what the rewards (lol).

P/S : enjoy my rosters below, loser.

Keep it civil. There's no need to insult other forum members, and it is in fact a violation of the forum rules. Forum Rules - Please Read Before Posting

Warning issued.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Square wrote:
    tobi69 wrote:
    fanbase? on U.S prolly

I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, and are you kidding? They have HEAPS of terrible charecters. I'm not commenting on if SG is terrible or not, people like what they like.

I'm not an alpha male, I'm a full fledged adult who grew up on comics in the 80's/90's and collect everything from silver age to modern, but not modern mavel, not a fan at all. Avengers vs X-men was where I peronsally drew the line, and I found that writing aweful as it was. If SG is representative of the direction marvel wants to go, hey good for them, not being interested doesn't make one a chest pumping alpha male.

As far as puzzle quest goes, I'm omiting her as I have enough low health support charecters and don't feel like building up another one and would rather have more free time then grinding for her covers, it's not just cause I have no interest in the charecter, althought that's true as well.
  • rednailz wrote:
    Square wrote:
    tobi69 wrote:
    fanbase? on U.S prolly

I'm a pretty big Marvel fan, and are you kidding? They have HEAPS of terrible charecters. I'm not commenting on if SG is terrible or not, people like what they like.

I'm not an alpha male, I'm a full fledged adult who grew up on comics in the 80's/90's and collect everything from silver age to modern, but not modern mavel, not a fan at all. Avengers vs X-men was where I peronsally drew the line, and I found that writing aweful as it was. If SG is representative of the direction marvel wants to go, hey good for them, not being interested doesn't make one a chest pumping alpha male.

Um

Deadpool himself was an atrocious and lame copy of Deathstroke by one of comics' worst writers and artists for six years before Joe Kelly revamped him into a 90's parody character in '97
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Just thinking out loud here: MPQ is still a part of the corporate Marvel world. And given that Marvel has (a) a new Squirrel Girl comic that they're trying to promote, and (b) upcoming shows on Netflix featuring both Luke Cage and Jessica Jones -- where SG might make an appearance (if she isn't considered a "mutant" and therefore under the X-Men IP that Marvel Studios does not control right now), this doesn't really surprise me much.

But she should have been a 2*.
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    Her in-game art is... kind of disturbing. Her face is like an awkward cross between the glossy, "realistic" style of most characters and the cartoonish art of her new series. I don't have a problem with the art in the comic, but this mixture is odd.

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of others, I'm definitely not happy with the current art style for her. Not. At. All. I'm a big fan of her, don't get me wrong - she's my favorite character to play in Marvel Heroes, to boot - but I feel like they're taking her down a road I won't enjoy with the current run. They're over-exaggerating her quirky personality in it, too (think Flanderization). With that being said, I much prefer the more mature-looking version of her - as someone else has put it, she looks like a 40-something-year old crazy cat lady now. Something like this would've made my day:
    NOP0cp1.png

But I'm glad others are happy about her - the more positive exposure she gets, the better. I even bought the first issue of her comic to show my support for her despite not being a fan of it, but I hope Marvel eventually goes back to the original Squirrel Girl style.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonder if R69/R70 intro screen will be "300% more" nuts and/or squirrels icon_e_smile.gif
  • elusive wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

At the risk of bringing down the wrath of others, I'm definitely not happy with the current art style for her. Not. At. All. I'm a big fan of her, don't get me wrong - she's my favorite character to play in Marvel Heroes, to boot - but I feel like they're taking her down a road I won't enjoy with the current run. They're over-exaggerating her quirky personality in it, too (think Flanderization). With that being said, I much prefer the more mature-looking version of her - as someone else has put it, she looks like a 40-something-year old crazy cat lady now. Something like this would've made my day:
    NOP0cp1.png

But I'm glad others are happy about her - the more positive exposure she gets, the better. I even bought the first issue of her comic to show my support for her despite not being a fan of it, but I hope Marvel eventually goes back to the original Squirrel Girl style.
    I don't mind the... frumpier? .. look, but I have no idea what's going on with Erica Henderson's ugly facial expressions most of the time

Like, this? I think it looks great (for the comic, not for mpq's style)

the-unbeatable-squirrel-girl-erica-henderson-concept-art-108686.jpg

This? Just... What
    1UnbeatableSquirrelGirl_02_Page_05-674x1024.jpg
  • I searched her on my Marvel Unlimited account and there's a whooping FIVE comics where she's a sidekick or something. All scattered between 1999 and 2011.
    Squirrel who? icon_e_smile.gif

Keep in mind, Marvel Unlimited is incredibly incomplete, and the search by character function is awful - it looks like somebody coded certain random comics and got bored a tenth of the way through the process. I would not rely on it for an indication of how much someone has appeared in comics.
  • One thing, when I started playing this game, I had actually heard of Squirrel Girl. I can't say the same for The Hood, Ragnarok, or Daken.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    The devs finally give him a third power only to have his moment of glory snatched away from him with the debut of Squirrel Girl, the lady responsible for his greatest defeat. Plus she also has a pink (or purple) power. Coincidence? I think not!( ̄(エ) ̄)y-゚゚゚

3026272-clipboard01.jpg
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
    TBH, i'm baffled that people think she should be anything less than a 5* character considering her feats. i'm equally perplexed by the devs decision to make her a 3* (unless her 3* level = Pre-nerf Sentry) Lordy knows us 3* players need someone to compete against XForce/4hor.....yeah a boy can dream lol

mTB9V.jpg