Discussion of motivation

Options
13»

Comments

• Suppose there was a New Game Plus-type mechanic, except implemented on a per-character basis, that awarded special abilities that are not available otherwise. Let's say it works something like this, using grey Widow as an example:

I'd be down for that. And the nice thing is that if it was done for 1* and 2* as well it could drastically increase the replay at all levels.

And while eventually you'd hit the max here as well, it'd at least take longer. A lot longer.
  • Nemek wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    bumping a terribly old thread just to see how many of the old timers are still left.

nemek,someguy,dumdumdugan...i haven't seen theladder nor zzzwolph around recently.

finding myself really hard to motivate to play once again since i have almost every character with all abilities, a mountain ton of HP that's unuseable, 300+ tokens.

our progression stops after 3*** heroes. Should I(we) just take a break til more content comes out?

TheLadder is still somewhat around, but much more sparsely. Same with Polkio.

I know I'm getting closer and closer to getting all of the 4* covers now...which is one of the last things left to do. It's actually probably the only reason the 4* covers are up for grabs in the top spots of tourneys these days - the devs know that otherwise, there really isn't much to play for with the high-level players. (Getting them maxed level won't be worth it.)

I think 'winning' is still of some motivation to me. That's always fun.

But, really, the only reason I started playing this game was the PvE story. I started doing PvP just so I could get further in the Prologue. And then I somehow got caught up in all of this PvP stuff. So, I'll definitely be around for any sort of new PvE content out there. I also think that 'figuring out' the PvE events are part of the fun (as much as people complain about such things on this forum, I'm glad the devs don't tell us much about the events). The level 240+ missions are always a nice little challenge, as well.

I'm here, still playing regularly. I've taken a sabbatical from the forums, because I've gotten terribly tired of the whining. Yes, necrofessor, you. And others. It's so tiresome, the game is not perfect and there are known bugs right now, but nobody is forcing you to play it.

Went through the motions during Hulk 2, still cruised to a top 300. I enjoy the quirky events, like all women, something different, but don't really need the rewards now - not played an endgame for a while.

The shields have piqued my interest. Saw you at 1400 Nemek! Might make my own run at that...
  • i took a 2 week sabbatical to recover from surgery. Didn't wanna grind the 2nd hulk again, and the womens and widow tourneys were uninteresting to me. Don't see a point to this double shot tourney either.
  • The whining on this forum makes this game less fun than it was.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    The whining on this forum makes this game less fun than it was.

Yeah, I think if there's anything I'm frustrated about with this game, it's the whining (and that guy trying to sell hacked accounts on the FB add page.) In general, the community is pretty good, though.
  • Nemek wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    The whining on this forum makes this game less fun than it was.

Yeah, I think if there's anything I'm frustrated about with this game, it's the whining (and that guy trying to sell hacked accounts on the FB add page.) In general, the community is pretty good, though.

THAT.

But yeah, good to know that some of the 'good' guys are still around. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As I posted a month ago the main amount of my fun lately has been from experimenting with the new characters. The Prologue missions are a good read on the power of the three new characters 2* Original Black Widow, 3*'s Hulk and Punisher.
    One reason I would like The Hunt or The Hulk PvE or even The Heroic Levels of Juggernaut and Venom to be made permanent is it would be great to have a couple of "impossible" levels always on to test against when I'm not interested in the tournament.

I agree that the current "best team is a mix of High Level Rag and Spidey, and either Mag or Grey Widow. I chose Grey Widow, because I love Sniper Shot, to level first but now Mag has come along to be almost the same in level.

I think the idea of Rebirth leveling is an interesting one but I worry that it would turn into an "arms race" of sort to the biggest baddest Rag.

I've been taking a break from competing for the tournament prizes because the missing 4* covers I need have not been offered recently but when they are I am itching to try out shields and concurrently finally nab a 1400 progression prize. I am hopeful this weekend will provide that opportunity.

And as long time lurker recent poster the whine level has definitely risen started by the way The Hunt ended and then The Hulk just created another influx of irritated players who want to let everyone know how badly the game has treated them. I think they are few in number but man do they post a lot especially when they think they are the only person the game has done wrong to.